Help me with eating off site

Geooo

Earning My Ears
On our next trip in August we will be going OOP on our meals. All will be CS that we eat inside Disney property. But I am wanting to know where to go to get some good meals off site. We will be eating all our lunch meals onsite, but may do some breakfast and dinners off site. Our budget for breakfast if $40 for 3 adults and 1 child and for dinner we have a budget of $60. Also, we will be staying at the Yacht Club, so some places not to far from there. Thanks.

On our next trip in August we will be going OOP on our meals. All will be CS that we eat inside Disney property. But I am wanting to know where to go to get some good meals off site. We will be eating all our lunch meals onsite, but may do some breakfast and dinners off site. Our budget for breakfast if $40 for 3 adults and 1 child and for dinner we have a budget of $60. Also, we will be staying at the Yacht Club, so some places not to far from there. Thanks.

Our trip this past Oct was our first off site trip in a very long time. We stayed at Bonnet Creek and ventured off site for a few meals.
We found that we could eat cheaper offsite (nice places) than we could for CS meals.
We went to Olive Garden and had a delicious meal one day. We also love Steak n Shake and they have really cheap prices. We ordered pizza one night as well (our first night and picked it up after grocery shopping). They have tons of places to eat right off the property.
I will definately be hitting up the off park places on our next trip. We are so tired of the food at WDW...not our favorite.
I am going to buy up some gift cards before our next trip and have some meals prepaid for off property:thumbsup2

I saw a Chilis, Cracker Barrell, Sweet Tomatoes, Cici's, and a Mexican place right close to each other (and near the Olive Garden) on our last trip.

When we go we try to eat at places that we don't have at home - even if just chain restaurants that are not found in our area. Breakfast we like waffle house and usually go there twice during the week (we are not adverse to eating waffles and hashbrowns for dinner). The one we go to is close to Downtown Disney but there are many locations. Bennigans restaurant and Logan's steakhouse are others we tend to visit on vacation. We also love steak n shake. That is all I can think of off the top of my head. At Downtown Disney we love Earl of Sandwich and that wouldn't be too expensive to pay out of pocket for dinner one evening.

1. I hope that you are driving your own car. If not, paying for either a rental or taxis will use up all your saving for eating off-site.

2. About the only national chain restaurants that I know are not in the WDW area are Red Robin and Silver Diner.

For breakfast there is a Shoneys right outside of downtown disney at the crossroads shopping center.
I-hop is around the corner on S. apopke-vineland road.

We always have stayed offsite and we eat many meals offsite. Most chain places are there, and since we live in the middle of nowhere, we often enjoy going to a chain place. :) Cracker Barrel, Olive Garden, Ponderosa, etc. all are nice treats for us.

There is an extensive thread about this on the 'orlando hotels and attractions' board. We love Giordano's.

We went to the Fuddrucker's at the Crossroads shopping center last trip and really enjoyed it. We also love Steak & Shake and Sweet Tomatoes. Hwy 192 in Kissimmee has lots of restaurants (most of them chains, though)

1. I hope that you are driving your own car. If not, paying for either a rental or taxis will use up all your saving for eating off-site.2. About the only national chain restaurants that I know are not in the WDW area are Red Robin and Silver Diner.

I have to disagree on this.. Renting a car for $125 a week and eating off property was a huge savings for us. We rented a car just two weeks ago and the amt of money we spent on meals off property was a huge savings. Lunch at Steak and Shake for two people cost us $9.00 Dinner at Chevy's was just under $25. Dinner at Cracker Barrell was $17.00. So renting a car is very cost effective. But useing a cab would not be cost effective.

We also love Sweet Tomatoes, CiCis Pizza, FudDruckers, Orlando Ale House, Bubbalous Bodacious BBQ, and lunch at the Columbia or Thai Thani in Celebration. We think the best lunch bargain is Benihanas on International Drive south of Seaworld. For $9-$12 each, you get a great lunch with a show. Lunch comes with soup or salad, habachi vegetable fried rice, veggies and a main course. Their habachi steak is an amazing deal at $12. Their california rolls are fantastic and only cost $5.50. We eat there many times each trip. If anyone has a birthday during the month of your trip, sign them up for their birthday club and get a coupon for $30 in free food.

We also like New York China Buffet but only if we can be there right when they open at 11.

We eat breakfast in the room to save time.

And don't forget about checking restaurant.com for orlando area deals (when you have codes for $2 or $3) or purchasing used gift cards for those chains in advance of your trip for more savings.
Time before last we ate out a bunch and used restaurant.com Giordanos was one of the restaurants. Only hard part was actually eating enough food. Almost always had to order appetizers to get over their $35 dollar limit (which when you took off the $25 certificate which was purchased for $2 ended up costing us $12+tax and tip to feed our whole family and have leftovers to bring back to the condo we rented. Not too shabby!

We eat offsite a lot. Fuddruckers, Moe's & Chevy's at the Crossings, never had a bad experience at any of them ever! Logan's has a 3-5pm & all day Mon-Wed deal where 2 people eat for $14 (entree with chose of 2 sides) for $6 more you could pick an appetizer & dessert. Love Steak & Shake & CiCis pizza & Chick-fil-A (don't have any near us, so it is a TREAT!!)

I have to disagree on this.. Renting a car for $125 a week and eating off property was a huge savings for us. We rented a car just two weeks ago and the amt of money we spent on meals off property was a huge savings. Lunch at Steak and Shake for two people cost us $9.00 Dinner at Chevy's was just under $25. Dinner at Cracker Barrell was $17.00. So renting a car is very cost effective. But useing a cab would not be cost effective.

:thumbsup2
My family are breakfast eaters unless we cook in our villas, we like a breakfast. granola bars have never been enough for my clan. eating breakfast at the world for 4 is beyond expensive. saving 30-40 dollars every time we ate off site over the cost of 9 days more than made up for the cost of the rental.
Now we are lucky in that we can get a compact fairly cheap either through my company discount or price line.

I'm heading down in 3 weeks. I've rented a mid size sedan from philly to drive down in. got it from enterprise for 9 days for $327 tax and fees included.

Of course, I don't know all the details of your stay but the idea that the cost of a rental is higher than or equal to the cost of eating all your meals at Disney is TOTALLY incorrect!!! Check out the transporation board - you can find great deals on rentals.

Yelp and Urbanspoon (both websites) are great resources to finding good places to eat no matter what city you are traveling to. I use them on each trip. I usually don't do too much planning for it...when dinner time comes I find out what we're in the mood for (burgers, pizza, sushi, etc.) and type that into Yelp along with whatever city I'm in.

There are SO MANY restaurants in the area...you can just drive down one of the main drags and pick someplace out.

I like Sweet Tomatoes, Unos (we have one at home too, but they always have good pizza!), and the Orlando Ale House. Also love the Bonefish Grill seafood restaurant...it's a chain but we don't have one where I live.

Love Sweet Tomatoes! It is super close to WDW (in the Crossroads shopping center) and you can load up on some veggies and healthy food, which is usually something you need during a vacation full of greasy food.

Just wondering to eat offsite do you have to get back on I-4. I hate going into the busy traffic down in the Orlando area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter