HELP ME. What would you do?

kimber11

Kimberley
So my family and I were at Disney World for the first time ever this past January. We were very sad b/c our one son ended up getting very sick and was in emerge and half of our trip was awful, the other half was awesome. Obviously we are addicted to Disney now and would love to go again. We are wanting to go back next November 2014, but now that I am looking at all of the deals and that they have the current bounceback offer we could be guaranteed free dining this November (with very limited restaurant choices if we do TS meals) but then could get guaranteed free dining and go next September for my daughters birthday and stay at AOA with free dining which is where we want to stay. So really I'm thinking it's kind of a no brainer to spend an extra $2000 and go this year and next year then to wait and only go once next year. Right?

You are in Canada so would you drive or fly? I don't see how you can swing a trip for 4 people in November with tickets and transportation and room for only $2000. It's at least $1000 for tickets and if flying add another $1000 at least. If you are getting free dining you are staying onsight so add another $500+.

I'm all for extra trips to Disney but would it really be $2000?

Did you book the bounceback last January (for this year)? How would you get free dining this year?

So you're asking should you go once next year....or spend $2000 more and go this year AND next year? I'd say if you can afford it do both!!

I would look at your rates in regard to free dining packages. It actually might be a better deal NOT to use it. A lot of the time you have to pay rack rate for the resort, even though you would have been able to get it 30% off or more without the package.

Okay let me explain a bit better. So if we went next November 2014 which we are wanting to do. We want to stay at the AOA in a Suite, but there is no guarantee of any dining deal and if it is anything like this year then AOA won't even be included in the free dining if there is an offer. So pricing out our trip for next year with estimated airline fees would be approx. $8000 for all 6 of us.

However, that being said. If we were to go this year in November with the 6 of us in 2 rooms at Pop Century and just do the QS free dining that is currently offered and go on cheap flight dates that are currently available it would only be $4300, and THEN we would also be able to book a trip next year with the current bounceback offer (that is offered until November 15th of this year and is free dining and includes the Art of Animation resort) then we could also go back next September (my daughters birthday) and do the MNSSHP and do that trip for approximately $6500. Does that make sense???

I just don't know if we should go this year and spend an extra couple thousand dollars (which really is a lot for our family as we are a single income family) in order to get the good deal and get the free dining so that we can get all of our restaurant reservations that we want OR should I just book the November trip for next year and hope that a good deal comes out later and pray that it includes the Art of Animation resort?

It is such a tough decision. Wish I could just win the lottery. :rotfl2: I think it's silly to be wanting to go back so soon after we just went on our first trip in January but I want to go back because of my son having been sick and not getting to enjoy our trip the way I know we could have.

HELP! I need opinions and advice.

If you have the extra $4,300 right now to book the trip, I'd go! It seems like AoA has been getting blocked out of a lot of GP offers, so it is a safe bet that it might be blacked out if you wait for GP FD. If AoA is blocked out in 2014, will you really go full price (assuming you don't go and do the bounce back this year) or will you settle for two rooms in a non-blocked out resort?

That is my problem, my children and I all have our hearts set on Art of Animation, we absolutely loved it there. I'm sure the other value resorts are very nice too, but I don't think it would be the same. Such a touch decision to make. We have some money set aside but it is for our trip next year. I think going twice in one year is a little bit crazy. I wish Disney would have their deals come out sooner or would just have a consistent rate, I'm one of those people that can't stand paying full price when I know that there is a possibility of getting a better deal.

agree...if you can pull out the extra money It makes more sense to do the two trips and get your money's worth.

HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIPS!!!

Just a little info about illnesses at WDW. Be vigilent about hand-washing with you and your children especially before you eat. There are a lot of germs in Disney and in the plane you are traveling to get there. I sanitize the armrests and trays in the plane as soon as we get in there. Also, be careful opening bathroom door handles after you have washed your hands (use paper towel to open). I know it might sound like a lot but after spending thousands of dollars, you don't want an illness to ruin your trip. Good luck. PS We don't do buffets either.

Op I see you were asking about pop I love it I haven't stayed at aoa yet but I honestly I enjoy pop so much I don't see a need to stay anywhere else. I did an adults only trip there we both loved it. Than this January took my mom and daughter and they loved it as well. I would say if you can swing it do the two trips

I say go twice, if it won't break the bank! Its never cheap going to Disney but always worth every penny;) it really is almost a full year apart between your trips....we just got back last Saturday and are already planning our next trip=) as far as the germs, lots of handwashing especially since November is the beginning of all those yucky bugs=[. We were very lucky this trip and didn't get sick, we have in the past. I did over hear parents talking about how their kids are sick at resort with the puking bug. I also saw a little boy getting sick in dtd when I was there. I hope you all stay healthy for whenever you choose to go and have a wonderful time!!!

After reading your better explanation, I think it's a no brainer, lol! :earboy2: If you can afford it, (sounds like the answer is that you can), then I would definitely say do both trips!! It makes sense to go both times. For not a lot more money, you can actually get a whole lot more disney enjoyment out of your trips. ::yes:: As you said, you guys really love Disney! :mickeyjum And you never know for sure what the future holds, so when you can, do it now! You could possibly save even a bit more money if you could afford an annual pass. It'd be cheaper in the end to pay a little more per ticket now if the total days of the two trips is more than 10 days. :thumbsup2

What's that old Disney saying? Never put off till next year, when you can go to Disney this year and next year!! :lmao:

I see you've been to Pop Century a few times. How did you like it?

Love it...Our second home!! Which luckly we will be back there this November. We are doing one night at AOA to check it out, but then switching over to POP for 6 nights. We really love the layout and look and feel of the hotel, The food court is our favorite of the Value's. (though we have not been to AOA yet, that could change, but then again it is only a bridge walk to AOA from pop) If you are going to do value then I highly recoomend it. Plue like I said it is a short walk to AOA, so you can still walk over and enjoy the sights and food court of AOA from your stay at POP.

Again, enjoy your TRIPS!!!

Thanks so much for all of the advice so far everyone. I called Disney again today and got conflicting information. Yesterday I was told that if I book my November 2014 vacation now and a deal comes up later that I can change my reservation with a $50 penalty. The person I spoke with this morning said that there is only a penalty if you've already paid in full or if it's less than 45 days out. Does anyone know which one is correct. I'm wondering if I should just book for November 2014 and hope and pray for a deal to come up. I think going November 2013 without any time to plan would be difficult. I don't know what to do. Ahhhhh. The money thing is a problem, we are pinching pennies as it is but when you think for only $1000-$2000 more you could go twice, in the long run it seems like a pretty good deal. At least for a Canadian.

Thanks so much for all of the advice so far everyone. I called Disney again today and got conflicting information. Yesterday I was told that if I book my November 2014 vacation now and a deal comes up later that I can change my reservation with a $50 penalty. The person I spoke with this morning said that there is only a penalty if you've already paid in full or if it's less than 45 days out. Does anyone know which one is correct. I'm wondering if I should just book for November 2014 and hope and pray for a deal to come up. I think going November 2013 without any time to plan would be difficult. I don't know what to do. Ahhhhh. The money thing is a problem, we are pinching pennies as it is but when you think for only $1000-$2000 more you could go twice, in the long run it seems like a pretty good deal. At least for a Canadian.

The fee only applies if you are less than 45 days out. And to be honest, if you change your reservation, the only time they will charge it is if you are less than 45 days AND the package price drops.

My suggestion would be to just book the November 2014 trip and save the $$. I, as most here, am all for multiple trips to Disney when possible. However, just think how much more relaxing it will be to have that $2800 in the bank for special things, souvenirs, etc... Pinching pennies while on vacation stinks. Good deal or not, we would just do the one trip. You should do what you feel is best for your family, but we would only take the one trip.

Given the current promotions, I am pretty confident that there will be a deal for next November. It may or may not be FD, but it would at least be a room discount or some other way to save. I know we booked a bounce back with FD for next August before we left this year. We still may change to a room discount if a good one is offered and we can save $$ that way.

Good luck with your decision. We love Disney and would go several times a year if it was practical. With saving for college, AAU sports and retirement saving, it's just not in the cards.

If the money is a problem I would wait and just do one trip next year. The $50 penalty from what I've been told is only if you're under 45 days till your trip and you decrease the price of your package. I was able to extend our trip without the penalty fee because of package price increased.

Also trying to plan for a trip with under a month to go might be kind of tough.

If you are within your 45 day window and you change to a cheaper package then you have to pay a penalty. If you make changes earlier than 45days before there is no penalty.

However, I really have to ask, are you sure the AoA SUITES are part of the BB offer currently available? And...there is no guarantee that AoA rooms will still be available when you get there in November to book BB-are you prepared for that? Also, Can you really find decent airfare that matches up with the dates you need in November only 30days out? That's impressive!
If you can swing a trip within the next 30 days I say go for it. But, just know there is no guarantee that the BB rooms for AoA will still be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter