Help me understand why the Disney Visa is a good thing...

Thanks, everyone, for clearing that up. I thought it was weird. But I've never heard of a debit card with a fee either...? Ah well!

The debit card has a $25 annual fee. I did sign up for one because they were offering $100 if you opened a checking account at Chase in my area, and the 10% off at the restaurants at Disneyland pays the $25 fee in 3 days for our large party anyways. My hubby feels it ($25) is worth it alone just for the private character meet and greet, lol. Just our personal choice.

Can someone tell me what benefits there are for cardholders at Disney World? We've been very pleased with our free stroller rentals at Disneyland (although I hear they stopped doing that), as well as restaurant discounts. We never did take advantage of the character meet-and-greets. But it seems like all Chase ever send me marketing info on is Disneyland. Are there perks specific to the World? We're headed there in November.

Can someone tell me what benefits there are for cardholders at Disney World? We've been very pleased with our free stroller rentals at Disneyland (although I hear they stopped doing that), as well as restaurant discounts. We never did take advantage of the character meet-and-greets. But it seems like all Chase ever send me marketing info on is Disneyland. Are there perks specific to the World? We're headed there in November.

# Offers subject to change without notice. Use a valid Disney Rewards Visa Credit Card, Disney Rewards Visa Debit Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card for special offers. Must mention the offer to receive the merchandise discount. For entry into the Character Meet 'N' Greet Photo Opportunity, must present your valid Disney Rewards Visa Credit Card or Disney Rewards Visa Debit Card. Not valid in combination with other offers, discounts, promotions or with any previous purchase. Minimum purchase and/or separate Theme Park admission may be required. Offer elements, including but not limited to participating locations, are subject to availability and additional restrictions, and may change or be canceled without notice.
# The Character Meet 'N' Greet Photo Opportunity is offered at selected times at Epcot®. Separate Theme Park admission required. Must present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Credit Card or Disney Rewards Visa Debit Card for entry for up to 6 people per card (only one card may be used per visit). Operating times, days of the week, locations and appearance of Characters may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to availability and location capacity. Offer includes one keepsake 5 x 7 photo per valid cardmember account. Offer is subject to change without notice.
# A $50 minimum pre-tax single transaction merchandise purchase is required to receive discount. Must use your valid Disney Rewards Visa Credit Card, Disney Rewards Visa Debit Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card as payment form and mention this offer. Discount is not valid on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, videos, DVDs and CDs, Disney Dollars, sundries, periodicals, digital and video cameras, disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics (e.g., CD players, TVs, DVD players), tobacco, alcohol, In-Park balloon vendors, Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV, etc.), all Titleist and Cobra golf equipment, national brand fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, personalization, Disney's PhotoPass® $29.95 special package, Lladro, Swarovski Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, original or limited-edition artwork, other collectibles and select merchandise. Discount is not available at Walt Disney World® Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China Pavilion, Japan Pavilion, and Morocco Pavilion at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghirardelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Café, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, T-Rex Café Shop, Wyland Galleries, and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Further, discount is not available at Disney's Character Premiere, Disney's Character Warehouse or on phone, online or mail orders. May not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion. Not valid on previous purchases. Offer is subject to change without notice. Separate Theme Park admission may be required.
# Must use your valid Disney Rewards Visa Credit Card, Disney Rewards Visa Debit Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card at time of purchase. Most tours require separate Theme Park admission. Cardmember must participate in the tour. Tours can be booked for up to 10 total Guests. Some tours have age and other restrictions. May not be combined with any other discounts, offers or promotions. Subject to availability. Offer is subject to change without notice and may be subject to additional terms and conditions.

I'm a happy CHase Disney Visa holder since day 1!

I struggle to get any other incentive card as it is SO easy to use this one and it is something I use every year - so I know it's something I will use.

For our trip to DLR in April - our rewards balance paid for a meal for the 4 of us at Goofy's Kitchen. In December when we go to WDW...it paid for about 3 of our 4 tickets to MVMCP and hopefully will have enough saved between now and then to get a "free" CS meal at the parks too.

LOVE 'free' stuff!

I think if they ever do charge an annual fee, however, that it would no longer be worth it for the 1%...and I would be forced to use a different rewards card. Hopefully it won't happen!

Does anyone know how I can go about getting the $200 free statement credit after first use that others have been able to get?

The closest thing I received was a $50 statement credit upon application and first use via a disneystore.com email.

Thanks!

Quick question related to Disney Visa... if you are signed up for paperless statements, are you automatically signed up to get notified about any promotions special to Disney Visa holders? Or is there somewhere else you have to go to sign up for those?

I mainly got it for the Disney perks... don't need the financing or carry a balance, so I want to make sure I don't miss out on anything.

No annual fee for Disney credit card, however, there is one for the dbit card. That will be changed (it may have already) as they are getting rid of the benefits the debit card offered and therefor getting rid of the annual fee. We have had the credit card for a few years now and never paid an annual fee!

We do use our disney card to pay for EVERYTHING. It is the only credit card we have so we rack up quite a bit each month between groceries, gas, cable, electric, etc. We pay it off each month too so we don't pay any interest on it. When we recently purchased a car they even let us put up to $3000 of the price on the credit card (we were paying cash for the car anyhoo) We also just bought a house so we have earned quite a bit in the past 4 months from our trips to Lowes and Home Depot!

I think we are up to about $500 so far since Feb 1. We are hoping to get our room for free on our next trip!

I was kind of annoyed because, after applying for the Disney Visa a few weeks ago, I just got what appeared to be a better reward for joining - the $200 gift card instead of the $50 statement credit.

When I looked closer, though, the APR was more than 1% higher. Of course, I don't carry a bonus, so that doesn't really matter to me.

I'm trying to decide if I want to bother to try and get the other reward, since I haven't even used the card yet.

Just thought I'd throw this out there - those people who are trying to finagle a better reward, make sure it doesn't come at the expense of a higher APR!

Thanks, everyone, for clearing that up. I thought it was weird. But I've never heard of a debit card with a fee either...? Ah well!
My US Airways debit card has a $30.00 annual fee but it's worth it because I use my debit card to pay for almost everything so that racks up the miles.

Quick question related to Disney Visa... if you are signed up for paperless statements, are you automatically signed up to get notified about any promotions special to Disney Visa holders? Or is there somewhere else you have to go to sign up for those?

I mainly got it for the Disney perks... don't need the financing or carry a balance, so I want to make sure I don't miss out on anything.

I get the promotions e-mailed to the same e-mail I get the notices about the statement. Not sure if I had to sign up for the promos or they come automatically. Sign into your Chase account and look around.

Some 3x 5x promos I have received via snail mail.

I was kind of annoyed because, after applying for the Disney Visa a few weeks ago, I just got what appeared to be a better reward for joining - the $200 gift card instead of the $50 statement credit.

When I looked closer, though, the APR was more than 1% higher. Of course, I don't carry a bonus, so that doesn't really matter to me.

I'm trying to decide if I want to bother to try and get the other reward, since I haven't even used the card yet.

Just thought I'd throw this out there - those people who are trying to finagle a better reward, make sure it doesn't come at the expense of a higher APR!

Call Chase and ask them to extend the $200 offer to you as only applied for the card a few weeks ago, lots of people have had sucess. They might give you $150 more.:)

I received my bill in the mail yesterday for $2448.49. They did give me $25 in reward dollars. Yes, I pay in full once a month the day before it is due.o

Does anyone know how I can go about getting the $200 free statement credit after first use that others have been able to get?

The closest thing I received was a $50 statement credit upon application and first use via a disneystore.com email.

Thanks!

$200 offer is only for those who receive it via US Mail. name and address must match exactly to what is on the offer.

Glad to read everyone's information about the rewards. I just rec'd an offer for a $200 Disney Gift Card after first purchase. Since there is no annual fee, I guess I will get the card for some souvenir money!:flower3:

Question about rewards points? Do I earn the points just for spending on the card or do I have to wait for them to be posted to my statement?

If I pay the card balance before the statement is issued, am I still awarded points?

Question about rewards points? Do I earn the points just for spending on the card or do I have to wait for them to be posted to my statement?

If I pay the card balance before the statement is issued, am I still awarded points?

To question 1, they are posted to your account on the statement closing date. You don't earn them as you go.

As to the 2nd question, I'd think you would still earn points since it's based on your spending in a given monht. However, as I wait to get the actual bill to pay it though, I can't say for certain.

I called chase to clarify the point earning process. Just to know for sure. and you are right.

The points are based off purchases, and applied at time of statement, but the statement does not have to have a balance to register the points.

So I can pay off my card before the statement and I will still be credited the appropriate points for purchases that month.

Haven't read the whole post so this may have been mentioned. They now round up dollars so you don't have to miss out on a point if you lack a dollar or two!! My husband and I both received the cards for $200 bonus for signing up - I was about two weeks before him. We didn't know if it would work with us both at the same address, but it did and we had $400 last year free for one of our trips :dance3: We both use our cards for just about everything and then have auto pay for balance each month. It's great, and we both end up with at least $150 or more per year "extra" for our Disney "fix" :thumbsup2 Then this last month, I got a card to get $40 just for calling about their DVC membership, so for our April trip we'll have about $350 for this trip alone - it's the greatest for us :yay: . I would not do a credit card if I could not pay it off each month, because we are both "live within our means" people or do without :rolleyes1

I just received a Disney Visa offer-wanted to let folks know that while it does come with the $200 reward bonus, it also now has a $49 annual fee. From reading the previous posts, this sounds like a new thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter