Help Me Understand QS Credits

Martyap

Mouseketeer
I read in a recent post that many use their QS credits for breakfasts at their resorts. We're not huge breakfast eaters but please help me understand how to best utilize QS and Snack credits.

-----------------------------------------------
We are staying at PORFQ late July.......6 adults and 4 kids. We are on the DDP and we were planning to use our QS/TS credits for lunches and dinners (including one or two character meals.)......NOT really for breakfast.

For breakfast we were planning to get some cereal or granola bars for the rooms. My question: Is it worth it (cost effective) to use QS credits for breakfast? I'm looking at the menu and oatmeal is $2.49; yogurt parfait is $4.29; pancakes w/bacon is $5.19; beignets (6) are $4.29.....At POR the create your own yogurt/oatmeal is only $3.79!

What drinks are you entitled to with your refillable mugs? coffee? juice?
Seems like on the days you might want breakfast it might be a better value to go OOP............am I missing something? Can snack credits be used for anything at breakfast in POR or PORFQ?

Thanks for the help
Karen

Hi, we stayed at POFQ and we preferred to use a snack credit to buy a bagel at breakfast. They have toasters and you can get butter, jam, peanut butter and i think Philadelphia cheese at no extra cost.

we then used our mugs for coffee or tea. the only problem is that the cold drinks were fizzy, not juice.

later on during the holiday we had loads of meal credits to use up so we got either a breakfast platter or pancakes which came with a bottled drink eg. orange or apple juice. we shared these between us.

my son doesn't eat much so sometimes we paid for a couple of slices of bread which we toasted. had to pay for this but only about 70cents.

It's probably better value to save meal credits for lunch or dinner as you also get a dessert with them. Breakfast is just meal and drink, which you don't really need because of the refillable mug

Hope info helps, breakfast menus can be seen on the Port Orleans website. Have a lovely trip x

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I think that you get your best value out of QS credits by using them for lunch and dinner, and paying for breakfast out of pocket.

However, you can totally customize to what fits your family.

For instance, DH and I went to Disney World in January for 3 nights. They had a "Stay, Play & Dine" package going on, so we got the QS plan at a discounted rate. We'd already decided we wanted to do a meal at Biergarten (paying out of pocket), so this left us with 2 "extra" QS meals. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but DH used those credits for breakfast 2 of the days we were there. I also didn't use my snack credit one day, so he used 2 snack credits to get some breakfast items the 3rd morning. We ended up being able to use all of the credits in a way that worked for us and still do our lunch at Biergarten.

Bottom line is...you know your family best. Use those credits however it works best for you!

We always do breakfast in the room, QS for lunch, and TS for dinner. Breakfast is almost always less expensive than lunch. It doesn't make sense to use a QS credit for breakfast and pay out of pocket for QS lunch.

We will use credits for breakfast if we end up with extra for some reason.

We do breakfast in the room. We order a case of water and some breakfast food/snacks from Garden Grocer. They also sell cereal and half gallons of milk and juice in the resort gift shop if you don't want to do an entire grocery order.

Since we usually do two character breakfasts we don't often need more hot breakfasts during the trip. We might get one CS breakfast but that would be it (and don't usually get that).

We use CS for lunches for the most part.

If you're not big breakfast people, pay OOP or use snack credits for fruit or something. We will do a character breakfast or two. We sometimes eat breakfasts and skip lunch especially if we have an earlier dinner ADR. We don't eat 3 meals on vacation. I could easily skip lunch...especially if it is hot out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter