Help me understand policy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

momtoccc

DIS Veteran
Hello - headed down later this month. I understand no continuous eating and drinking in line, especially when indoors. However, while waiting in line for an hour or more, is it ok to take a quick sip of water? Or should I exit the line (if outside primary queue) and take drink and then come back? Not trying to skirt the rules, just trying to understand...
Thanks!

Make sure your drink is in a bottle with a cap, or a travel mug. Most lines have a trashcan at some point with a sign that says "no eating and drinking beyond this point" with cast members asking guests to discard open cups (probably to discourage drinking in lines), but we heard guests being told that bottled drinks were OK for quick sips.

It’s nothing to do with inside or outside. Once you are in the non-extended part of the queue- when you pass under the entrance sign and by the cm- you are no longer allowed to eat/drink. Sometimes you are still outside when the main part starts (like Pooh, Safari, and Slinky Dog). Before that, you can get a quick sip/have a bite while the line is stationary and you are 6+ ft from other parties.

I don’t know how Peter Pan is being handled- the extended portion goes inside through the adjacent quick service when it is busy.

I saw online that in Toy Story Land waiting for Slinky they were offering drinks at a little stand. So as long as we mask up in between drinks and bites it is ok to eat and drink while in line? Otherwise you grab something and have to go find a spot to eat anyhow. You can’t walk and drink and eat. So can we do this while in line?

I saw online that in Toy Story Land waiting for Slinky they were offering drinks at a little stand. So as long as we mask up in between drinks and bites it is ok to eat and drink while in line? Otherwise you grab something and have to go find a spot to eat anyhow. You can’t walk and drink and eat. So can we do this while in line?

Nope. Not in line. The snack stand isn't in the queue, it's nearby.

So the only time I can eat a snack that I buy at a little stand is if I find a relaxation stand or sit on a curb?

So the only time I can eat a snack that I buy at a little stand is if I find a relaxation stand or sit on a curb?
Or a bench--there are plenty of benches in most parks (either the wood ones, or concrete ones), but basically yes. Some of the snack stands do have little tables nearby. E.g., there are some tables in adventureland near Aloha Isle, and there are some tables near the storybook treats and cheshire cafe in fantasyland. You also don't HAVE to sit, you can stand, but you'd need to do so off to the side away from the walkway and not in a ride queue, which is hard to find with all the extended ride queues winding around.

Also, you can use outdoor quick service seating if you are doing a morning snack before the restaurant opens for the day. We did that at AK to have a little treat around 10am and sat in the Flame Tree outdoor seating area.

World Showcase is really good for snacking (for obvious reasons, with all the food kiosks). They have lots of standing tables in WS and you can also take a snack into the american gardens theater and watch Mariache Cobre or Voices of Liberty.

So I can walk and quickly enjoy a snack but not stationary. I’ve seen you tube videos showing people walking w food after they purchased. I’m going Easter week and know lines will be very long. I’ll just plan on bringing bottled water and some easy quick snacks while we wait. I’m sure I’ll learn all these rules quickly as I enter parks and see what’s going on. Thanks

So I can walk and quickly enjoy a snack but not stationary. I’ve seen you tube videos showing people walking w food after they purchased. I’m going Easter week and know lines will be very long. I’ll just plan on bringing bottled water and some easy quick snacks while we wait. I’m sure I’ll learn all these rules quickly as I enter parks and see what’s going on. Thanks

No, you can't do this. That is what we have been telling you.

Those YouTube videos were either from before they finalized the policy or they were breaking the rules.

You are overthinking it. You can only eat and drink distanced and stationary.

No! You cannot walk and eat, and you cannot bring “easy quick snacks” to eat in line or while walking around the parks. You must be stationary and outside of a ride queue and distanced to eat. The YouTube videos you saw either predated the no-walking-and-eating policy that was implemented last fall, or those were rule breakers and the staff do confront them and you may be asked to leave if you don’t comply.

I'd think of it this way: "Are people who are not in my party going to be passing by?" "Will removing my mask to eat or drink cause me to breathe directly on someone not in my group?" "Did that Cast Member just tell me not to do that?" If any of your answers are yes, then don't do it. Find somewhere stationary and out of the way to get your snack time on, and then resume your day.

Hello - headed down later this month. I understand no continuous eating and drinking in line, especially when indoors. However, while waiting in line for an hour or more, is it ok to take a quick sip of water? Or should I exit the line (if outside primary queue) and take drink and then come back? Not trying to skirt the rules, just trying to understand...
Thanks!
I'm going in May, and I hope you report back with your actual experiences. I'm more interested in what is actually being allowed at Disney than what people who haven't been there since COVID say is being done/allowed.

I'm going in May, and I hope you report back with your actual experiences. I'm more interested in what is actually being allowed at Disney than what people who haven't been there since COVID say is being done/allowed.

I go to a park weekly. If you are in a line, you may not eat or drink.

It’s really not difficult to pull yourself out of foot traffic when you buy a snack or drink.

Hit the bathrooms, get and eat snacks or drink either before you get in queue or after attraction.

Forget about hitting two birds with one stone, no eating or drinking while walking or in queue.

Disney has added tables (many are tables to stand at) and benches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter