• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me to Pick Deluxe!

jeanylaser

Epcot's biggest fan
Just started planning for this February and I need to save cash. Screwed by installation of "spring season." Grrrrr!

I have been round and round with the Deluxe and I can't make a decision.

Here's what I'm looking for: Quiet, spacious rooms, easy transpo, "Disney feel" (trying to avoid a convention center type experience--want to know I'm at Disney), nicely decorated grounds. Kids are 12 so we don't need "cutesy" but we need "fun."

Thanks for any advice you can spare!:confused3

My first choice would be Boardwalk. It's a bit pricey though. Wilderness Lodge is great!!! Easy transportation to MK by boat.

We've stayed Deluxe on 3 of our trips. Once at WL, and twice at Beach Club. So I don't have any experience with the other deluxe's. Both of these resorts were Very Nice and we had a great time at both. I would prob say Beach Club, though just because you can actually walk to 2 resorts. And the room seems bigger to me at BC.

Quiet....not sure if any are really quiet, but we don't see a lot of kids running around and making noise inside the BWI and YC. Of course, once you get outside along the boardwalk, there is entertainment and fun. The other Epcot resort, BC, is our favorite but it can be a bit noisier in the mornings as there is a character meal there.

Spacious rooms....I think the Poly and CR (possibly GF too?) have the largest rooms among the deluxes. In other words, the monorail resorts. Then come the Epcot resorts (BWI, YC, BC). Then the WL and AKL have the smallest rooms, I believe.

Easy transportation....Can't beat the Epcot resorts (BWI, YC, BC) if your favorite parks are Epcot and HS because you can walk to both parks. If your favorite park is MK, then CR offers a walking path and Poly offers direct monorail service (no stops) to both MK and Epcot.

Disney feel....I'd probably pick a monorail resort for the disney feel because of being so close to MK and the Castle is easily viewed at the resorts as well. CR does have conventions too, though.

Nicely decorated grounds....you'll get a nice theme/grounds at all the deluxes. Just depends on what your taste is. WL has a woodsy feel. AKL a safari feel. CR a busy/disney feel. Poly a tropical feel. BC/YC/BWI an elegant feel yet fun feel.

My opinion/vote goes to an Epcot resort. It's adult enough so that the kids won't feel it's too cutesy. But yet the boardwalk offers lots of fun, Espn Club, movies on the beach at night, campfires and smores, walk to mini golf, and the list goes on.

we have done Beach Club and Poly .. We liked Beach Club best! their pool was awesome

I would go with the Poly :goodvibes. The tropical atmosphere is beautiful, the rooms are large and spacious, the beach is great for relaxing and watching the fireworks, and having a view of the castle while swimming is very magical :wizard:. Plus it's great having the monorail for going back and forth to the MK, as well as being able to walk to the TTC for Epcot :thumbsup2.

Quiet, spacious rooms- Yacht Club, Grand Floridian

Easy Transport- Grand, Poly, Contemporary

Nicely Decorated Grounds- Any of the deluxes except Contemporary or AKL

Fun- Contemporary, WL, Grand, Poly, Beach Club, Boardwalk

The one that shows up most is the GF.........YAAAAAAAAY! :banana:

I'd go with BC, BW or Poly. Poly would be the best option for transportation with the monorail option. On the other hand BW and BC are walking distance to Epcot and DHS or an easy boat ride away. If pools are important to you, BC would have the best pool. All have the Disney feel to them, especially BW and Poly, although BC does have it too.

Which parks will you be spending the most time in?

If MK, go for WL or Poly.

If Epcot, go for BC. they have an amazing pool.. if it's warm enough

If you are planning on next month I think you will pay big bucks to stay at all of the monorail resorts now, and probably the Epcot area ones. When I was checking today WL did have some standard rooms (least expensive) available.

CR - Big rooms, theme park views, cheapest of the monorail area resorts, cool arcade the kids will like, monorail goes through the building which is pretty cool. I haven't stayed here for a while but I am going back in a few months.

POLY - I was not wowed by this resort, but the pool is neat and easy transportation. Feels more like Hawaii than WDW though. I never had a theme park room here but I hear they exist.

WL - cool boat transportation. Quiet. Very close to FW which has tons of activities. I think they have bunk bed rooms. I had a woods view and at the time I could see Cinderella Castle & the fireworks from my balcony.

AKL - super different and unique. No problems with the busses but you do feel a bit out of the way. Quiet. Good size rooms. Kids can get bunks. Feels more like Africa than Disney.

BWI - location & room size is good. Not as quiet as some and honestly, that pool clown scares the beeejeesus out of me. I would not return, not because I don't like the resort but because of the pool. It seriously creeps me out and the other Epcot area resorts are just...better.

SWALPHIN - I've only stayed at the Dolphin but it was nice, I could see ToT from my room and the room was large and quiet. Great pool. Great location. Swan has slightly larger beds.

YC/BC - I've only stayed at YC but they are fairly interchangeable. YC is my favorite stay thus far. Quiet and huge room with a great BW view and I could see (partial view) the Epcot fireworks from my balcony. The pool can not be beat (but the Swalphin pool is a close second).

I'm going back in May and staying at CR again and also, for the first time in a 1BR villa at BC. A 1BR or 2BR villa might be something to consider. I had a pin and it ended up costing the same as the nights at CR for the room, but will likely be cheaper in the long run because we will use the kitchen and save a ton on food, but still eat well. You can also save money by renting points from DVC members for the villas, though I am personally not that comfortable doing so.

Of the places I have already stayed at though, I'd suggest either YC or AKL. YC has a mellowed Disney feel with a bit more luxury for mom and dad while still having the cool pool and theme park location for the kids.

I think that CR is great but I don't know anything about the Contemporary and where is the tower in the CR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter