Help me surprise my hubby!

themrsp

Disney Freak!
Well, this upcoming trip will be very special. It will be our 5th wedding anniversary and hopefully our last WDW trip without kids! ;)

My DH will be returning home after a year long deployment overseas. I have not seen him since May 2012, no R&R for us!

I had talked about getting a tattoo to commence this dreadful experience, but who are we kidding? I hate needles. Instead, I want to do some events at WDW that will be an official..."We survived" celebration.

We are spending 4 days at BWV then embarking on 7 day Fantasy cruise.

Here is what I have so far:
1. Take a special shot at the tequila bar in Mexico
2. Have a funny portrait drawn of us saying something about this trip or deployment?
3. Hold up a small sign on one of the rides that says, "We survived deployment", but other guests may get upset. (Although last year a ten year old flipped the bird in our splash mountain photo)

Cheesy? I'd like to surprise him if at all possible...any suggestions are welcome!

Well, this upcoming trip will be very special. It will be our 5th wedding anniversary and hopefully our last WDW trip without kids! ;)

My DH will be returning home after a year long deployment overseas. I have not seen him since May 2012, no R&R for us!

I had talked about getting a tattoo to commence this dreadful experience, but who are we kidding? I hate needles. Instead, I want to do some events at WDW that will be an official..."We survived" celebration.

We are spending 4 days at BWV then embarking on 7 day Fantasy cruise.

Here is what I have so far:
1. Take a special shot at the tequila bar in Mexico
2. Have a funny portrait drawn of us saying something about this trip or deployment?
3. Hold up a small sign on one of the rides that says, "We survived deployment", but other guests may get upset. (Although last year a ten year old flipped the bird in our splash mountain photo)

Cheesy? I'd like to surprise him if at all possible...any suggestions are welcome!

Have the most unforgettable dining experience at Victoria & Albert's at the Grand Floridian if you can afford it. Let them know what you are celebrating as they give you personalized menus.

Especially since you will be going on a cruise and probably having dressy clothes, a "surprise" visit to V&A would be a great anniversary event.

How about a RPDE, he can drive a race car or Lamborghini.
Take a horse drawn carriage ride at either FW or PO-DL.

Oh those ideas are very cute!! You can also go to guest services at the front of each park and get 'I'm celebrating' pins and the cast member will write what you are celebrating. I do it every trip. :)

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited for you! You're story is so sweet!

I'll be going in a month and I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled for great romantic experiences that people might not think about! I'd say DEFINITELY tell CM when you can what you're celebrating. I think they would be so happy to assist you in anything you need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter