• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Me Strategize? Which Parks on Which Day?

JustMe+Three

Mouseketeer
We are still in the planning stages, and I am hoping to make it work.

I think that we are going to stay at AllStarMus. We are arriving Saturday, May 6 and checking out & leaving Thursday, May 10 (we are driving). We will be going to all 4 parks (no waterparks planned as of now), but are not getting a park hopper. I have not made ADRs yet (waiting for figure out my park order first) so that I am pretty flexible on my park days. Still debating on getting DDP, although I think that we are leaning towards it.

So, anyone want to play? I don't know what the typical advice is on going to the parks with the EMH, so I thought that I would check and see if anyone will help me strategize. Let me know if you need any more info! I would really appreciate the help. :worship:

I haven't really planned a trip in a while (our bombed trip in October was mainly planned/controlled by my mom), so I don't even know where to begin looking. And on top of preggo brain, I am not fighting a nasty cold. :sad2:

I'd look at Touringplans and see what it shows for your stay. We always have hoppers so we're not so tied to a schedule or park. We spend most of a day at one park then have dinner near whichever park is open late and head to that park after dinner.

Our days are planned around the shows we want to see such that we have several possibilities to see each show depending on our mood or weather. Once I see the show and park hour schedules I plan our dinners around them.

Doing things this way also means EMH really doesn't matter. We may finish the night at an EMH park but spent the day elsewhere.

Here is what I do, but it may be more math than you want.

I look at the historic crowds on my days (not dates) in touring plans. For example, we are going from the Thursday before Thanksgiving to the Saturday after. I looked at that time period and found the average crowd sizes, etc for each of those days and made an itinerary from there.

Now if they would just come out with park hours and easywdw and undercover would make their predictions so I can finalize.

I'd look at Touringplans and see what it shows for your stay. We always have hoppers so we're not so tied to a schedule or park. We spend most of a day at one park then have dinner near whichever park is open late and head to that park after dinner.

Our days are planned around the shows we want to see such that we have several possibilities to see each show depending on our mood or weather. Once I see the show and park hour schedules I plan our dinners around them.

Doing things this way also means EMH really doesn't matter. We may finish the night at an EMH park but spent the day elsewhere.

I think that if we were staying more than 4 days that we would do the hopper. But with one park a day, and that is it, I am not sure about justifying the cost of it. :confused3

Ah. Thank you!! That is a BIG help and I really appreciate it!! :dance3:

Here is what I do, but it may be more math than you want.

I look at the historic crowds on my days (not dates) in touring plans. For example, we are going from the Thursday before Thanksgiving to the Saturday after. I looked at that time period and found the average crowd sizes, etc for each of those days and made an itinerary from there.

Now if they would just come out with park hours and easywdw and undercover would make their predictions so I can finalize.

Hhhhhmmm. Math. Not exactly my strongest subject. I still count on my fingers... :scared1: I will talk to DH though. He is a finance/math guy. This Touring Plans site -- is it a one time fee? Or is it a monthly fee subscription kinda thing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter