Help me strategize 2ish days post cruise at universal

Gryffinclaw

Earning My Ears
We are planning 2 days at universal onsite after a 3 day cruise on the Dream. I plan on doing express walk off and using private transfers (happy limo) to get from port to the resort. We have a one night reservation at the Portofino. Depending upon how early they start letting people off the ship, I am guessing anywhere from 9 to 11 arrival and entry to the parks, could be later. So trying to make a game plan. WWoHP is our main focus but DD does not care for potter that much so want to get out and see other parts of the parks. With late arrival on our first day, where should we head first? I have been to hogsmeade and IOA but not US. We have a 7pm flight the next day. Trying to cram in as much as we can in 2ish days with a heavy Harry potter emphasis. I have been combing through the trip reports and think that we should utilize our EE at whichever park on day two and go from there but struggling on how to handle our first day. Appreciate any insight! I feel like the DIS helped me master WDW planning but struggling with universal.:disrocks:

Oh and crowds are going to be off the charts, it's easter Monday and Tuesday. :confused:

Gennie

Good luck - I will be watching this thread for advice. My trip is slightly similar to yours - onsite with a 11ish arrival time and a 7pm flight on departure day. We do have a full day in between to get 3 days in the parks though, so that helps for us. On the good side, you will have EPs which should cover all the other park attractions so the only waits would be for the 2 big HP rides. When I asked, I was advised to spend some time my first day wandering through the shops/attractions in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. And do the Hogwarts tour.

We are planning 2 days at universal onsite after a 3 day cruise on the Dream. I plan on doing express walk off and using private transfers (happy limo) to get from port to the resort. We have a one night reservation at the Portofino. Depending upon how early they start letting people off the ship, I am guessing anywhere from 9 to 11 arrival and entry to the parks, could be later. So trying to make a game plan. WWoHP is our main focus but DD does not care for potter that much so want to get out and see other parts of the parks. With late arrival on our first day, where should we head first? I have been to hogsmeade and IOA but not US. We have a 7pm flight the next day. Trying to cram in as much as we can in 2ish days with a heavy Harry potter emphasis. I have been combing through the trip reports and think that we should utilize our EE at whichever park on day two and go from there but struggling on how to handle our first day. Appreciate any insight! I feel like the DIS helped me master WDW planning but struggling with universal.:disrocks:

Oh and crowds are going to be off the charts, it's easter Monday and Tuesday. :confused:

Gennie

If your goal is to get as much done as possible, on Monday, I'd start off at IOA, I'd head to the left through Marvel, Toon Lagoon, and Jurassic Park. When you get to Hogsmead, Tour the land but not ride unless the line is under an hour (or you willing to use the Single rider line + Castle Tour) From there, I'd take the Hogwarts Express over to US. I'd tour USF until about 8:00 when I'd head to Diagon Alley, Tour for a little while, then get in line for Gringotts about 9:00. With any luck you'll get out just in time for the Cinematic Spectacular.

On Tuesday, It'd start with Early Entry at the park you want more HP time in. Being Easter Week, I'm expecting both parks to have Early Entry. Spend EE in that park, ride HE over to the other park, finish up that park, ride HE back to the First park to finish up there.

Thanks! Appreciate the advice. I have a touring plans subscription but the personalized plans did not seem realistic given the projected crowd levels for those two days (it was telling only a 20 minute wait for Gringotts in the middle of the day). Any insight into difficulty of getting lunch or dinner at either 3 broomsticks or the leaky cauldron? I haven't seen much on the boards about wait times to get into either. Also, anyone know how long waits are averaging for Gringotts now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter