• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me spend F&B money frivolously at Tamu

clarabella

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,

I was hoping to get some information from you.
DFTW just told me that cannot give me any information until im 16 months out and im 20 months out.

I would really love a DFTW with a private reception so im thinking of a wishes wedding now. I love the look of tamu tamu courtyard but I have no idea how to meet the $2500 f&b min with only 10 people. If I cant I will have to look at other options.

Is it a buffett only venue?

Does the wedding cake count at this venue? if I get a mad hatter two teir that will strike at least $450 of the min.

How much do the light up ice sculptures with sorbert cost? They look like a good way to spend money fast ;)

thanks for your help

Is it a buffett only venue?

Yep!

Does the wedding cake count at this venue?

Unfortunately, no. It only counts at Grand Floridian venues b/c it's made there.

How much do the light up ice sculptures with sorbert cost? They look like a good way to spend money fast

$25 each. The thing is, they might tell you the venue is too far from a kitchen to accommodate these. But I think it's a great idea for spending money!

Other things you could try, complicated custom action stations, a carving station, and any kind of seafood. You could also try the "assorted cake pops" for $18/guest. If these were wrapped, people could take them for later and it wouldn't be overkill with the wedding cake.

Thanks Carrie these area great ideas - I guess with a few Carving Stations I could spend a fair bit! its a shame about the cake and ice sculpture thingys!

I thought about giving all the guests (all 8 of them LOL) bottles of fairytale curvee (SP?) each as favors un corked of course - I wonder it this would be possible that would use up $500ish. But we would be leaving the park with them unopened because there is no way they could all drink one each whilst we are there. Mind you it would make for great use of the photographer!!! LOL

Oh and the cake pops are actually a great idea instead of a cake as it seems silly to buy a cake for 50 when there is only 10 of us - I would never fit back in my dress for the party back home!

A Viennese Table is also $45/person. They also have light night burgers, fries and milkshakes for 26/person.

Or you could splurge for your pre-reception? 5 choices of passed hors d'oveures are 40.50/person. Or add a large seafood display to apps for 31.25/guest. So many options! :)

A Viennese Table is also $45/person. They also have light night burgers, fries and milkshakes for 26/person.

Or you could splurge for your pre-reception? 5 choices of passed hors d'oveures are 40.50/person. Or add a large seafood display to apps for 31.25/guest. So many options! :)

Oh a Viennese Table sounds exciting!
im not sure we will be able to fit in burgers etc after the huge meal but i love the milkshakes idea.

i am in the same boat !
DF and I are looking into October 2013 and its too earlier for DFTW to start helping me plan. we will have about 45 people and I am absolutley in love with Tamu Tamu and the Everest Base Camp-- but its impossible to find any info on that :confused3 im also not to keen on having my indoor back up location at a place called "pizzafari" it doesnt sound to classy--

anyone have more info on the Everest base camp pricing or back up indoor locations ?

Well, not to stray too far from the topic of this thread, but....

Backup locations are not determined till quite close to the event, and they depend on a lot of factors, like what's nearby and what's available that day.

The area around Expedition Everest is available for a $3,000 venue-rental fee, a $10,000 food and beverage minimum, and a mandatory buyout of the attraction at $8,500. A DJ starts at $6,500.

thanks for the info lurkyloo :goodvibes

clarabella: you could easily hit the f&b minimum-- are you having alcohol at the reception.. you could easily hit 4-500$ of the minimum just on open bar.

are you having a dinner reception ? those minimums are $150 a person i believe, so youll have $1500 from just that

so with the minimum dinner plate at $150 and 4-500.00$ on open bar. your pretty much at $2k already.

add the carving station and you'll be set !

Im pretty sure they have a bartender fee too, not sure what that is--(i think around $100) and not sure if that counts towards the minimum or not

Just to let you all know DFTW said no to my 10ppl AK wishes wedding despite my best bribes and offering to pay for over 20 ppl! :( very dissappointed as I would have been spending as much as other Wishes brides - but hey ho ... was not to be

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter