Help me schedule for my 3-year-old.

Our oldest is 4 and we've taken him every year. He loves all the parks for different reasons. I highly suggest getting park hopper. While we do love things at each park, each park might not always be a full day (if you don't have park hopper and don't want to spend the money on it you can just relax part of the day; which isn't a bad idea anyway).

We love the safari ride in AK as well as the boneyard dig area, Rafiki's affection section, TriceraTop spin, Lion King show, It's Tough to be a Bug and the trails. There is enough to do here for a full day since the park isn't open all that long.

At DHS, my son loves Disney Jr. Live and TSMM; these are two of his favorite things at Disney. We also enjoy Voyage of Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast show, Fantasmic! and this year he's excited about trying Star Tours and Jedi Training. While there might not seem like there is enough to do all day, if you take a mid-day break you can fill the day and still not feel rushed/tired. Since this is a park you need to be at in the morning for TSMM we like to go in the morning, do the big things, take a mid-day break then go back and watch a few shows/Fantasmic.

While my DH wasn't a fan of EPCOT at first he has grown to love it, in part because of our son. DS loves to walk around and see the different acts in each of the countries (he loves the drums in Japan, the train in Germany, the bongos at the Outpost, etc). Plus, there is Finding Nemo and Living with the Land (which we enjoy). And Duffy is here!!

MK clearly has a ton for little kids; we love MK!!

I suggest keeping to your original plan of one park each day the other 1/2 day at MK.

Stay far far far away from MK the day after the Super Bowl. The winning team is at the MK as well as every fan in the greater Orlando area. :scared: We were there that day once by accident. No warnings as we entered MK that day. The crowds were horrible, rides kept being closed so the team and families could ride them. We hopped to another park.

I agree with acceber32 and to go to all the parks and use the extra half day for more MK time. There is something to do with little ones in every park. You never know what your child will love the most.

We just got back yesterday. My 3 year old loved Epcot - we did the Figment ride, Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush, character meet and greet at the Epcot Character Spot, Innovations, and Nemo again. The lines were 5 minutes or less - we didn't even use our Fast Passes. We also walked around the counties and had lunch in Norway with the Princesses. We saw Alice in England (my daughter's favorite character) and got to spend some time talking with her since the lines were so much shorter for her than in MK. We also did Pick A Pearl in Japan, which my daughter LOVED. She picked an oyster with twin gold pearls!! We had them set into earrings for her. I wouldn't skip Epcot - there is a ton of interactive stuff to do for small kids.

We also did 2 days in MK and of course, there is the most to do there. We needed the full 2 days to really enjoy everything. In HS, we did the Hollywood n Vine lunch with the Disney Junior characters and the Disney Junior Show. Both big hits. Also did Toy Story Mania twice - my 3 year old LOVED it.

I'm planning our next trip already... pixiedust:

I also suggest saving your money by not buying park hopper tickets. Do 1 day at each park with the extra half day at MK. We always go back to our resort in the middle of the day for a nap or swimming (except AK because it closes so early). We easily filled our days at each park, getting there at rope drop, taking a break and returning for the evening show. I highly recommend HS for the Disney jr. Show, character meal at Hollywood & vine and meet & greets. We also really enjoy fantasmic! If you get the unofficial guide to Disney with kids from the library, it tells you exactly which rides/shows you should do based on the age. Have fun and enjoy every minute!

Now one more quick question:
Is it a bad idea to go to MK the day after the Super Bowl? Does the winning team and their families (and adoring fans) really go to MK the day after the big game?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter