Help me plan! :)

msmileyface

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

My mother-daughter trip is less than 2 months away. We didn't plan this way in advance, so there are some things I can't necessarily do (extra special dinners, etc) but we're fine with that! I just want to talk about planning (that's a lot of the fun for me, anyway) and get some tips on what I might be missing.

I am a Disneyphile, and I was just there 2 years ago, so I consider myself fairly familiar with touring strategies, reservations, and the like. However, there are loads of things I really didn't know about (photopass, pin trading, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, etc.) that I'm planning to incorporate this time.

We have our flights booked, the hotel (6 nights @ the Swan), and I need to set up the Mears shuttle from the airport. I have a general schedule made with an idea of which parsk we will visit each day, based on crowd calendars (Josh & Touring Plans differ slightly but that's ok). I used the "Unofficial Guide" last trip and it was amazing so I am sticking true to it. I'm planning a "full" day at each park (rope drop until around 3), back to the hotel to relax, and then evenings in the parks.

I've gone over what rides my mom wants to avoid. I made 2 dinner reservations. I have a tentative plan to do a character dinner at the hotel. I ordered a starter set of pins to play around with. We're starting to choose our Disney shoes and bags (just ordered some Keen sandals and a Vera backpack). And because I'm obsessed, I'm reading a biography about Walt to get in the spirit.

Any other recommendations for me? Like I said, we're about 7 weeks out. It's coming fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter