help me plan seaworld day

laurafaith

Mouseketeer
hi my family will be doing our first seaworld day -- never been! I have 3 boys 12, 8 and 4. none of who are really big "thrill ride kids" ... except my 8 year old -- but nothing to scary .. LOL -- so we might try and do 1 "thrill factor ride" with him only. but I don't even know where to start...I don't know the rides, the shows, things to do etc....im interested in signing us up for the new dolphin experience...because hey who doesn't love dolphins right?

thanks!

hi my family will be doing our first seaworld day -- never been! I have 3 boys 12, 8 and 4. none of who are really big "thrill ride kids" ... except my 8 year old -- but nothing to scary .. LOL -- so we might try and do 1 "thrill factor ride" with him only. but I don't even know where to start...I don't know the rides, the shows, things to do etc....im interested in signing us up for the new dolphin experience...because hey who doesn't love dolphins right?

thanks!

First off, when is your trip? Just wondering if there will be any seasonal events happening while you are there.

SeaWorld offers several rides that your whole family can enjoy, even if thrills are not your thing. The SkyTower is very mild, and is basically a large revolving room that offers some great views of the park. The ascent and descent are very slow and smooth.

Turtle Trek is a 3D, domed movie that is good for all ages (it is loud, though, and the visuals of the movie can make it feel as if you are moving, even though you aren't).

Wild Arctic is a simulator, but has a non-motion side. Antarctica Empire of the Penguin also offers a "mild" version along with the "wild" version. In fact, we enjoyed the mild version of Antarctica far more than the wild version....and we even have a couple of thrill seekers among us.

I would plan your day around the shows. One Ocean, Blue Horizons, Pets Ahoy and Clyde and Seamore are all awesome and well worth watching. Arrive a half hour prior to show time for the best seats. Beware the splash zones because they mean it when they say you WILL get wet.

Between the shows, hit the rides.

Arrive before park opening to maximize your time. Its amazing how much you can get done before the crowds pick up as the morning goes on.

Budget, if you can, to feed some of the animals. The sting rays are particularly unique. Its a neat experience that your boys will enjoy.

Take the time to enjoy the exhibits....things like the aquariums by Manta and Journey to Atlantis (sometimes easy to miss when they are tucked away). Shark Encounter is also awesome....and they have a neat shark magic photo that's kind of fun.

All day dining might be a good option for your 3 boys. If you haven't looked into that yet, it might be worth considering!

Those are my initial suggestions......I am sure others will chime in with their great ideas as well.

Meant to add....for your one "thrill" ride, Journey to Atlantis might be a good choice. Less intense than the two large coasters (Manta and Kraken) but a definite step up in thrill from the other park attractions.

Shamu's Happy Harbor also offers a selection of kiddie and family rides. Things like the Shamu coaster and Sea Carousel could be enjoyed by the whole family.

I agree with everything Gina has written! I would definitely recommend reading some recent trip reports on this site, particularly Gina's. You will also see that some posters are very frequent visitors to Sea World and provide information hot off the presses. Since you will be there the week after Thanksgiving, you will want to look into the various Christmas shows. There are some trip reports from this past Christmas. I have one, but it is sort of lame with no picutes! There was another one that had great pictures (I'm sorry I can't remember the name.) Sea World is great at Christmas! I will also put in a plug for Dine with Shamu, which is an additional cost. I did it with my 11 and 7 year old children, and it was a real highlight.

Definitely take in the Christmas festivities at SeaWorld during your visit.....they are absolutely fantastic, and included with your regular admission.

Be sure to watch both the regular shows AND the Christmas themed shows....the special Christmas ones are different than the daytime versions.

Get your family photo taken inside a snow globe.

Ride the Polar Express (Wild Arctic re-themed for the holiday season), then visit Santa at the North Pole.

Watch the Sea of Trees ("dancing" lights on the 100's of trees in the lagoon, all choreographed to Christmas music) and enjoy the snowfall at the Waterfront.

Have a Reindeer Shirley Temple or one of the various hot chocolates at the Christmas Market.

Have dinner with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Santa's Fireside Feast.

The holiday decor is just gorgeous, too. You won't be disappointed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter