Help me plan my trip...

peytonsmama

Mouseketeer
I need veteran advice...we are arriving May 17th and departing on May 24th.

This is my thought for our plan:

17th - MK - won't arrive until 1 - 2 pm
18th - Epcot
19th - MK (EMH -AM)
20th - DHS (Fantasmic)
21st- AK (EMH -AM)
22nd - MK (EMH - PM)
23rd - AK (EMH - AM)
24th - MK or Epcot (EMH - AM) leaving by Noon

Do you see anything I should change? Any suggestions for meals? Any tips? This is a spontaneous trip and I need to make my ressies ASAP.

Just freaking a bit!:confused3

May 18? - Do you me May 24?

Looks fine to me as long as you plan to be there for rope drop.

Will you have park hoppers? Are you going to be on the dining plan? Kids? Ages? Interested in characters? Where are you staying?

Rope Drop for everyday?

Yep - I meant the 24th! Thanks :-)

No hoppers, planning on the base, I think that is why I am freaking "in planning" because of meals but DS is only 6 and I can't imagine us using the hopper...

It is DH, DS (6) and Me. Staying at the Poly:yay:

We LOVE Characters.

Also, trying to decide if a dinner/show is worth it???

This is our 1st trip that DS will be over 40 inches! He is petite.

Looks great! My only thought is you may want to consider a 2nd DHS day in place of a 2nd AK day since you are going on a Fantasmic day. You may find the crowds large on the F! day and need a 2nd day to make up what you lost on day 1...just a thought! Also, be aware of an evening emh followed by an am emh...little sleep to be had! We like Ohana, Whispering Canyon, Le Cellier, Trails End Buffet, and Coral Reef for dinner. Great CS meals for us are Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bills, and Flame Tree BBQ. Character dinners that we like are 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella and company) and Crystal Palace for breakfast. We are disenchanted with CHef Mickey...quality has gone down over the years!
Are you flying? If you are taking ME back, you need to be at the hotel 3 hours prior to your departure.

We are flying. We will have to be back to our hotel by Noon.

Thanks for the tips on the dining! I really appreciate it!

We don't love DHS. We did 2 days last time and only spent 1/2 day the 2nd day....

Only one day for Epcot?
This is a slow time of the year, you can get lots done. Use FP as much as possible. I wouldn't worry about rope drop too much, but don't be more than an hour after drop.

Characters are great at a lot of the resorts, so if you are able to drive, you can plan your meals around the parks since you don't have a hopper. :)

1900 park fare (my fave) O'hanas and chef mickeys both have breakfast/dinner character meals, and you can monorail around on epcot and mk days.

Tusker house has a donald duck breakfast at AK.

Rope Drop for everyday?

You have listed four days which are morning EMH. If it were me, I would want to take advantage of the morning EMH and be there at Rope Drop. If you don't, tons of people will have the jump on you those days.

If I weren't going to be there at Rope Drop, I would select some other park that doesn't have morning EMH that day.

Also, I would want to be at DHS at Rope Drop (especially on a Fantasmic day), in order to ride Toy Story Mania without a horrendous wait. So that would be a 5th Rope Drop day for me!

But with all those morning EMHs, I would never make it through an evening EMH, so I wouldn't want to attend a park on an evening-EMH day if I weren't going to use the evening EMH.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of EMH for the

19th
20th
21st
22nd
but not the 24th at AK since we are doing the late night before however now I am thinking do we need a 2nd AK day? We love AK but will get a 8-7 day on the 21st.

If you are going to do morning extra magic hours, you should be there when they start. Otherwise, like a pp said, you are just going to be in a park wiht more people. If you aren't going to be there early, you should pick a different park for those days. ;)

It sounds like you've been before, so I am not sure what to say about dining... DH enjoys the food at 1900 Park Fare breakfast - I like Tigger. We plan for that breakfast around 10:45 - hit EMH at MK, go to GF for breakfast and go back to MK.

Where have you eaten? What type of dining advice do you want? Glad to help, but not sure how...

I'm Very new to the dis. Can anyone tell what a pass porter is??

I think you are reffering to---Passporter is a wonderful resource book that has planning pages in the back. They have a website, podcast etc. You can buy the book at your local bn or borders. I highly receommend it if you don't want to reinvent the wheel -like so many of us live for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter