• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me plan my Best Friends very first trip to a Disney park

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
My BFF will only be at Disneyland one to two days. She has never been to a Disney Park and has no idea what it is like. She seems to think it like 6 Flags.

I have been to WDW many times but have only been to Disneyland once many years ago (1990) and do not remember much. Please tell me what advice to give to friend. She will be staying with her sister at a convention hotel.

Wondering what attractions are a must . Does Disneyland have fastpass? Where to eat quick service and table service. Where to stand for fireworks. Just any advice I can get. Please, Please, Please

Oh by the way, this will be two lady's 50 something years young.

Thanks Tigger1

Check out the sticky on the main Disneyland page it has all kinds of information on what to do, fastpass use, fireworks and World of Color info, and some suggestions on where to eat. If they are only going 1-2 days they will not see everything. Are they WDW vets? If so, they may want to concentrate on rides at DL not at WDW or the rides at both places but that are significantly different-like Pirates. When are they going? Lots of closures right now, so they need to get up to speed on all of that.

This a frst tim
Check out the sticky on the main Disneyland page it has all kinds of information on what to do, fastpass use, fireworks and World of Color info, and some suggestions on where to eat. If they are only going 1-2 days they will not see everything. Are they WDW vets? If so, they may want to concentrate on rides at DL not at WDW or the rides at both places but that are significantly different-like Pirates. When are they going? Lots of closures right now, so they need to get up to speed on all of that.

I will check out that Sticky note. This will be a first time trip to any Disney park for them. I have been to WDW about 24 times, but DL once 26 years ago. Looks like just a one day trip for them but I am sure they will have a good time.

Read this thread for good info and tips: A DLR Guide for WDW Vets
This will help you to translate your WDW knowledge into DLR help for your friend. Also look through the Disneyland (California) forum for threads on first time trips to DLR. You will find lots of good suggestions.
When will your friend be visiting? You should explain to your friend that DL is currently celebrating its 60th anniversary, so the fireworks, nighttime parade, and WOC are themed for this. The 60th celebration will continue through Labor Day weekend. If they are interested, maybe a dinner package for PTN viewing would be fun. There are also dining packages for WOC viewing. Encourage your friend to notice and enjoy the atmosphere. DLR isn't really all about the rides like Six Flags, but about an immersive experience. DLR is still on a paper FP system, return times are strictly enforced, and certain rides have single rider lines (which can really help, if your friend and her sister are willing to sit apart). Hope they have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter