Help me plan for new Fantasyland in MK please!

Izzieheartscindy

Mouseketeer
I've been to the world 10 times but this will be our first time at the new fantasyland. We really want to do all there is in that area. We were there last April and DD5 has declared that the Barnstormer is her favorite ride! But mostly I want to make sure we can do ETWB since that seems to have crazy lines!

We are going to MK three days on our upcoming trip - March 2-10. My mom will be with us our first four days and my MIL will be with us the rest of the trip. The day one mom leaves and the other arrives is Wednesday - our second MK day. Our first MK day is Sunday, March 3rd, and I know it will be really busy. DD5 has BBB at 8:50 am so heading to ETWB at RD is out. The second day, Wednesday, March 6th DD5 has Disney Pirate Adventure from Grand Floridian at 9:30 am and we have HDDMR at 6:15. The third day is Friday, March 8th and we can run there at RD.

So what is the best plan? I'd like to hit the new fantasyland at least the first and third days so each mom will get to do it. The third day we can go at RD. What do you all think is the best plan for that first day?? And for those of you that have been lately, how has it been during the day? I know you can FP Little Mermaid so I'm not so super worried about that...or should I be???

Thank you all so much!!!!

Enchanted Tales with Belle is a must do as early in the a.m. as you can get there as the lines get wicked long and don't move very quickly. Also if you want to do lunch at BOG, get there no later than 11:00. We've walked by it at lunchtime and the lines were insanely long. Ariel was never long -- Dumbo & Barnstormer got up to an hour on quite a few occasions.

My touring plan would look something like this:

Be at MK for RD
Grab FP for Peter Pan while heading to Enchanted Tales with Belle
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Under the Sea ride
Ariel's Grotto meet and greet
Ride Peter Pan with FP
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Line up for BOG Lunch

If ETWB is a priority, you HAVE to do ETWB at RD. The waits just keep building throughout the day. We went in Dec. during a "slow" time and wait times were running 60 - 120 mins. You could split up the Dumbo area to a different day, perhaps after your BB appt.

I wouldn't even stop for a FP on your way to ETWB. This is the number one ropedrop destination these days and loads people through VERY slowly. Every batch of folks you are back from the first group adds 15-20 minutes to your wait. Your goal is to be in the first group. If someone in your group can move faster, maybe send them ahead to grab the FPs and meet you as you enter the line. Otherwise, run back for the PP fastpasses after doing ETWB.

ETWB first do not pass go, do not collect PP FP, book it as fast as you can
Peter Pan
Grab FP for LM
Pooh
Meet ariel
FP for LM
FP Barnstomer and Dumbo
Pete's Silly Side Show meet and greet while waiting for FP's to come up

OK so PP FP out. ETWB numero UNO! Check. That's my plan for the27th. Thanks for this thread!!:cool1:

As others have said. ETWB at RD, I you're not too fussy about seeing the RD show, move to the left or right side. When entering Main St. Walk on the sidewalks as they're usually less crowded than the middle road section.
Go straight to ETWB, don't grab FP. This is a very slow mover, limited capacity and last for 15-20 minutes.
Another point to make is this is, as far as I know, ETWB is the only place in MK you can meet Belle. She doesn't sign autographs and the photo with Belle is pretty quick. If anyone in your party wants their picture with Belle, they will need to have a part in the attraction. If they aren't selected, or too shy, when they start the photos, just ask a cm if it would be ok to have their picture with Belle, I've been to ETWB 5 times and never saw a cm say no.
The picture is done by a photopass photographer. If you want to be able to take your own pic with your own camera, I would try and get a seat on the aisle facing Lumiere, or, get behind the photopass photographer for best centre pic.
I think that's what mom2rtk did if I remember rightly to get the great pic on her profile :)
If someone in your group does want a part and doesn't get chosen, the cm will normally say 'would anyone else like a part?'. Just raise your hand or let them know. Hope you enjoy it!

mrsz06 said:
ETWB first do not pass go, do not collect PP FP, book it as fast as you can
Peter Pan
Grab FP for LM
Pooh
Meet ariel
FP for LM
FP Barnstomer and Dumbo
Pete's Silly Side Show meet and greet while waiting for FP's to come up

I'd probably do this plan aswell :)

I have been to MK the past 4 days, you're underestimating the line up for BOG and the crowd level in general. Guests line up for BOG at RD!

I don't see why people bother lining up for BOG in the morning and not take advantage of the low crowds. You are going to have to wait 30 to 45 minutes no matter what time of day you go. Might as well knock out a bunch of rides in the morning and line up for BOG around 1 or 1:30. If I'm not mistaken if you are in line at BOG at 2:15 you will be able to eat there.

I think that's what mom2rtk did if I remember rightly to get the great pic on her profile :)

Thanks so much! That photo was one of the goals of our trip! :lmao: And came after a 70 minute wait in line. :faint:

I highly recommend an aisle seat toward the back if you want to take that photo yourself. The photopass photographer will set up in that center aisle and your goal would be to sneak right over behind Them. Also be sure to tell your child to look at you when they see the photopoass person is done. No flash allowed in the attraction, but it does have pretty decent lighting in that area where Belle stands.

mrsz06 said:
I don't see why people bother lining up for BOG in the morning and not take advantage of the low crowds. You are going to have to wait 30 to 45 minutes no matter what time of day you go. Might as well knock out a bunch of rides in the morning and line up for BOG around 1 or 1:30. If I'm not mistaken if you are in line at BOG at 2:15 you will be able to eat there.

I find it a bit of a head scratcher too. I saw people queuing up 30-40mims after RD. The first hour or 2 are possibly the best opportunities to get some of the most popular rides done. From what I saw though, it was mostly adults with no children queueing up. Guessing it could be a case of they've done the rides/attractions all before and BOG is something that they haven't been able to do, whether due to not being able to get an ADR.
I can't imagine being a child, in MK, in New Fantasyland, at the beginning of the day when the hyper level is probably at its peak, and having to stand in line for BOG. To each their own I guess

Best way to ensure ETWB in the morning? Get an early ADR and be at the FL RD.

Thats what we did, worked great, had a great time at early open, CP and ETWB.

Removes all of the fluster, headache and rushing from the picture. So much easier on my nerves that way!

I find it a bit of a head scratcher too. I saw people queuing up 30-40mims after RD. The first hour or 2 are possibly the best opportunities to get some of the most popular rides done. From what I saw though, it was mostly adults with no children queueing up. Guessing it could be a case of they've done the rides/attractions all before and BOG is something that they haven't been able to do, whether due to not being able to get an ADR.
I can't imagine being a child, in MK, in New Fantasyland, at the beginning of the day when the hyper level is probably at its peak, and having to stand in line for BOG. To each their own I guess

You do only need one person from your party in the line. Not everyone.

mom2rtk said:
Thanks so much! That photo was one of the goals of our trip! :lmao: And came after a 70 minute wait in line. :faint:

I highly recommend an aisle seat toward the back if you want to take that photo yourself. The photopass photographer will set up in that center aisle and your goal would be to sneak right over behind Them. Also be sure to tell your child to look at you when they see the photopoass person is done. No flash allowed in the attraction, but it does have pretty decent lighting in that area where Belle stands.

You're welcome! :) A good point about getting your child to look at the camera. So many photos with kids when they were standing with Belle and you would see Belle looking and smiling at the photopass photographer, and the child looking in a completely different direction at their parents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter