Help me plan family disney outfits...

I also did shirts with iron on designs from the Creative DISigns board here. We went for coordinating rather than complete matching. My favorite were the "7 dwarfs theme day" in MK where we all wore shades of tan/gray/white with a different dwarf or Snow White or evil queen on each shirt (we were a big group). I had a word cloud with all our names in it in the shape of Mickey on the backs.

Our Epcot day, we had red or navy shirts with each one of us having a logo from the different countries Goofy with an oval Mexico Epcot, Donald in Lederhosen with a Germany Epcot logo, Mulan in a China logo, etc.

Other days, not all 12 of us coordinated, but a few of us did Star Wars in DHS (Mickey ear silhouette with Yoda or R2D2 or Amidala inside). Animal Kingdom was cargo shorts, olive or light green shirts, animal print Mickey ears on the shirts.

One day we went with many of us wearing our favorite college team shirts and a couple incorporated Mickey ears with our school colors - that was a fun day because it's different from the ubiquitous Mickey and sparked conversation with other guests!

Last edited:
I also did shirts with iron on designs from the Creative DISigns board here. We went for coordinating rather than complete matching. My favorite were the "7 dwarfs theme day" in MK where we all wore shades of tan/gray/white with a different dwarf or Snow White or evil queen on each shirt (we were a big group). I had a word cloud with all our names in it in the shape of Mickey on the backs.

Our Epcot day, we had red or navy shirts with each one of us having a logo from the different countries Goofy with an oval Mexico Epcot, Donald in Lederhosen with a Germany Epcot logo, Mulan in a China logo, etc.

Other days, not all 12 of us coordinated, but a few of us did Star Wars in DHS (Mickey ear silhouette with Yoda or R2D2 or Amidala inside). Animal Kingdom was cargo shorts, olive or light green shirts, animal print Mickey ears on the shirts.

One day we went with many of us wearing our favorite college team shirts and a couple incorporated Mickey ears with our school colors - that was a fun day because it's different from the ubiquitous Mickey and sparked conversation with other guests!

These are some fabulous ideas. I like coordinating but not matching. It gives people the chance to express their unique personality.

Our shirts are usually some corruption of Disney signs or attractions, many times off the walls of coming attractions. The last trip, we wore the Tibetan quotes from the construction walls at DAK. The CMs always comment on them!

Our shirts are usually some corruption of Disney signs or attractions, many times off the walls of coming attractions. The last trip, we wore the Tibetan quotes from the construction walls at DAK. The CMs always comment on them!

Wait- this sounds awesome. Do you have pictures or examples?

For our last trip there were five of us so I was going to get each of us an Inside Out character shirt. Since my step daughter's boyfriend was coming with us and isn't a crazy Disney fan like us and likes to work 24 hours a day while on vacation.... I decided to scrap the whole idea. He would have been Fear. I can think of other emotions that would have been more fitting but weren't in the movie. :rolleyes1

Wait- this sounds awesome. Do you have pictures or examples?
We've had a blast with them over the years...
Tigers
DSC00856.JPG

Neverest, instead of Everest...
NeverRest.JPG

See Tonga, Eat Toast
TongaShirts.JPG

Just a few :)

We've had a blast with them over the years...
Tigers
DSC00856.JPG

Neverest, instead of Everest...
NeverRest.JPG

See Tonga, Eat Toast
TongaShirts.JPG

Just a few :)
Where do you find these? Do you make them? If so, what graphic stock do you use? This would be perfect for us- Disney but subtle enough that you would need to be a real fan to get it.

We can't do every day but I'm thinking maybe one day wearing those "Best Day Ever" shirts with the Mickey as the period at the end of the sentence. I think we can all wear different colors and it will still look cohesive in pictures.

Do you already have these shirts? They're a great small business and the designs are super cute, but they are hard to get. If you want them for summer I'd start trying to buy them now. Sign up for their e-mail list! They will send you a notification when they plan to restock, which designs, and which colors/sizes. You have to be ready to jump online right at the start and grab what you want. I own a few of their shirts and tanks and they are all super comfy and cute, and worth the hassle of trying to get them. Good luck!

Where do you find these? Do you make them? If so, what graphic stock do you use? This would be perfect for us- Disney but subtle enough that you would need to be a real fan to get it.

I make them all. A combination of pictures I've taken in the parks, and a little graphic editing. I generally use Corel, easy to use both jpg and text to make a fairly seamless combo. I love when there are walls up in the parks, I use a lot of coming attraction signs for shirts later on.

image.jpeg

I made these for our February trip. We only wore them one MK day but it was nice for a photo opportunity. Pinterest has a lot of ideas.

I make them all. A combination of pictures I've taken in the parks, and a little graphic editing. I generally use Corel, easy to use both jpg and text to make a fairly seamless combo. I love when there are walls up in the parks, I use a lot of coming attraction signs for shirts later on.

Those are the best. I wish I had your skill and creativity.

We loosely theme to the park we are visiting or characters we are planning on meeting.

Totally agree with talk to the family, DH is not on board with themed outfits or matching stuff, will allow my to suggest colours for the day and he gets something for his wardrobe

Eg.
MK meeting Mickey and Minne
DS had a red mickey shirt with matching black and white shorts, DD wore a red and white polka dot dress.
I wore a red and black polka dot short with black pants. DH was told "red and or black" wore his red soccer jersey with denim shorts.

AK Kingdom we went with elephants. We all had different kinds of elephant shirts, lots of different colours depending on the shirts we had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter