Help me plan a long weekend in December?

barbliny

DIS Veteran
First trip in December - booked specifically to soak up the holiday spirit ... It's a long weekend before we let our APs expire.

My focus is probably MK and Epcot. We are staying at GF. I'm still unsure at this point whether to buy MVMCP tickets or not.

I'm unsure how to plan my days (the fact that I have not decided yeah or nay on the party doesn't help).

It's the first weekend in December. The shortened hours are hard to plan around!

Sat - arrive MCO before 9:00 am - usually rent a car - if we don't that makes the extra expense of the party easier to justify, but I lose time using MDE

Sun - it's a party day, HS has EMH morning - may ropedrop it - I was hoping to see Tune In Lounge decorations for nostalgic reasons, but this may be better done by taking the boat over on a day we're at Epcot

Mon - AK has EMH morning - may go to see some of the characters in holiday outfits and to ropedrop FoP - would not use fp here - I just found out it is DVC moonlight magic at Epcot (what effect does this have on MK and Epcot? I assume crowds will be higher)

Tue - another party day, depart MCO around 5:00 pm - if we do MDE, we may elect to use Uber to MCO so I don't have to leave as early as MDE makes you!

Must do's - seeing MK and Epcot during both daylight to see the details and night to see them all lit up, enjoy the atmosphere of GF
I do not care about Jingle Bam in HS
I will probably drop in on a couple of resorts to see the holiday decorations

Is Disney Springs a 'must do'? for the holidays - I am possibly thinking a meal at Homecoming (cocktails and apps may be preferable to committing to an ADR)

Any advice on what parks to do when? I was originally hoping to use express transportation on this trip - oh well.

Pros and Cons of the party? I do not fall into the category that we stop and see parades and fireworks - we only do them sometimes. But, that MVMCP does look festive!!

Also - our touring style is usually - park, break, park. We have no problem getting to parks early. Very beginning of December - what's the weather usually like? We went last January and had mid-80s weather, but I understand that was unusual.

We went the first week of December last year and also had 80's weather, although the next week I remember we read it was freezing!

I don't think Disney Springs is a holidays "must do". We went and it was okay. Not much outside of the ordinary. Santa was there, but honestly, he was a pretty unenthusiastic Santa... which surprised me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter