Help me pick best use of free dining plan credits?

KimP5

Earning My Ears
We have regular free dining plan so the 1TS, 1 QS, 1 snack plan. We have 4 days of credits, but 5 days in the parks, plus one extra day. I'm picking up package tickets early for the one extra park day, so I don't think I can use dining that day. Here's the reservations so far. We have 2 adults, a 14yo, and 11yo and a 4yo. Trying to decide what to pay OOP, what - if anything - we can/should split, etc.

12/20 1pm Raglan Road. OOP since this is before park day and before resort day.
12/20 7pm 1900 PF - OOP.

12/21 6:25pm Tusker House. (May drop??) this is our first park day, but before we check in. Unsure if can use dining plan this day or not.

12/22 - 8:30 HDDR. I *think* we have to use the 2 credits for dining plan here, as I didn't pre-pay, but booked based on our dining plan. Anyone know for sure?

12/23 - 12:05pm - Akershus.

12/24 - noonish BOG FP Lunch
4:10 - LTT

12/25 - 11:55 Tony's
9:05 - Artist Point

12/26 - 11:00am - Whispering Canyon.

My current thoughts, OOP for everything on 20th, OOP or drop Tusker, use 2 credits for HDDR, use QS credits for BOG lunch.

I have two other dining credits for Table service. I'm thinking maybe one at LTT, since it's a dinner, but not sure where to use the other. I'm thinking will pay OOP for Artist Point, as the youngest two will likely eat off the kids menu, and/or share. I think Whispering Canyon OOP, as it is a brunch. Is Akershus at lunch a good option?

Thanks for any input!

We have regular free dining plan so the 1TS, 1 QS, 1 snack plan. We have 4 days of credits, but 5 days in the parks, plus one extra day. I'm picking up package tickets early for the one extra park day, so I don't think I can use dining that day.

How many Nights are you staying. That is the number of credits you will have - not days

Here's the reservations so far. We have 2 adults, a 14yo, and 11yo and a 4yo. Trying to decide what to pay OOP, what - if anything - we can/should split, etc.

12/20 1pm Raglan Road. OOP since this is before park day and before resort day.
12/20 7pm 1900 PF - OOP.

12/21 6:25pm Tusker House. (May drop??) this is our first park day, but before we check in. Unsure if can use dining plan this day or not.

You can check in as early as 6 AM and activate your DDP. Your room will likely not be ready, but you can store your luggage and head to the parks and use our credits. They will text you when your room is ready.

12/22 - 8:30 HDDR. I *think* we have to use the 2 credits for dining plan here, as I didn't pre-pay, but booked based on our dining plan. Anyone know for sure?

Yes HDDR is 2 TS credits per person on the DDP

12/23 - 12:05pm - Akershus.

12/24 - noonish BOG FP Lunch

This is a QS credit not a TS credit
4:10 - LTT

12/25 - 11:55 Tony's
9:05 - Artist Point

12/26 - 11:00am - Whispering Canyon.

My current thoughts, OOP for everything on 20th, OOP or drop Tusker, use 2 credits for HDDR, use QS credits for BOG lunch.

I have two other dining credits for Table service.

How do you figure you have 2 more TS credits. I count a total of 9 TS credits per person, Which does include Tusker House but not the 2 on 12/20

I'm thinking maybe one at LTT, since it's a dinner, but not sure where to use the other. I'm thinking will pay OOP for Artist Point, as the youngest two will likely eat off the kids menu, and/or share. I think Whispering Canyon OOP, as it is a brunch.

The only "brunch offered at WDW is on Sundays at House of Blues and at Raglan Road

Is Akershus at lunch a good option?

Thanks for any input!

Good Luck

Sorry - this must have been confusing. I have four days worth of dining credits. 5 nights, four days in hotel. I am going to the parks for 5 days. We are staying at WL CL, so plan to eat breakfast daily in the club lounge, or at least grab something quick and take it with for rope drop. We will use our QS credits for lunches and our snack credits for snacks.

I plan to use two of the four table service dining credits at HDDR, unless I don't *have* to. I think I *do* have to, because I booked it with the dining plan, and did not pre-pay.

That leaves two other table service dining credits to use. I'm trying to choose where to use them vs. where to pay OOP.

Our check-in day is 12/22, however I am picking up our park tickets early and going in to the parks on 12/21. I don't know if I can use our dining plan that day or not, but I think not. SO, table service dining times that I can potentially use the two remaining dining credits are:

12/23 - 12:05pm Akershus.

12/24 - 4:10pm LTT (but we will eat BOG for lunch, so probably not that hungry)

12/25 - 11:55am lunch - Tony's
12/25 - 9:05pm dinner - Artist Point

12/26 - 11:00am brunch (I know disney will not consider this brunch, but if I'm eating at 11am that's what I call it. :p)

My thoughts: We will likely pay OOP for Artist Point, because we won't eat enough to be worth the two credits. We will eat more at dinner than at lunch, so would prefer to use the two remaining credits for dinners. So I'm leaning toward using one of the credits at Akershus, and the remaining one at LTT, but I want to be sure to get the most *bang for the buck* as it were.

Thanks for your thoughts!!

If you have 5 nights staying in a WDW resort, on the DP, you have 5 TS credits, 5 CS and 5 snack credits pp

I'm so totally confused by this post so I'm not going to get into the logistics of what to pay OOP for. I think if you would let us know what exact day you check in to WL, it would help us help you out. However, I am going to add that WL has very hardy apps in the evening. This is the only CL that I have been to that you could easily make a meal of them.

And what day you check out, only for the package portion of the trip, not the early arrival.

Right now you have eight Table Service credits planned. We still can't tell if you have four nights of credits, or five.

i noticed you're paying for 1900 park fare dinner out of pocket..
i didnt' look at any of your other ADRs, but i'll just say that i always thought that dinner buffets are pretty darn expensive, and better to use dining credits on when they're only a 1 credit meal.
but perhaps i'm wrong.

" I plan to use two of the four table service dining credits at HDDR, unless I don't *have* to. I think I *do* have to, because I booked it with the dining plan, and did not pre-pay."

I believe you DO NOT have to use your dining plan credits for Hoop De Doo just because its booked with the dining plan. I booked a Hoop De Doo for our upcoming trip for our family (on the dining plan) and another family (not on the dining plan) and they put it all "on my dining plan"...so we didnt prepay. They told me that they have no way of splitting it up over the phone and just to tell them when I get to the restaurant that the other family will be paying out of pocket. However, if you are worried that you will have to use your credits you can call and tell them you want to pay in advance. I don't believe it ever makes best "financial" sense to use the meal plan credits on a 2 credit meal.

1900 park fare dinner is one of the best uses of a dining credit on property so I would use credits there and not pay out of pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter