Help me pick a restaurant

RachelEllen

DIS Veteran
I'm travelling to Orlando with several work colleagues next spring. I'm the most senior in the group, but in the project we are working on, they have been doing the bulk of the work. I want to take them out to dinner. This is a group that would love to have fun. To give some ideas of what I'm thinking, I'd love to go to Moroccan restaurant, but we aren't going to any parks. Hoop de do would be fun, but I think it would be too much trouble to try to get there. (We will finish working around 5pm, and I don't want to kill 90 minutes just travelling to dinner)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Depending on how much fun they want to have, Whispering Canyon can be a lot of fun. The interaction with the wait staff is hilarious.

For adults though, I might try something like Sanaa (Indian / African / Mediterranian), California Grill, Artist Point, Kouzzina, Narcosse, Citricos (if the would like Greed), or any number of other excellent restaurants. If you want a buffet try Boma's. www.allears.net has all the menus. Check out the Resort and Downtown Disney restaurants and see what might be appropriate.

Good Luck!

Depending on how much fun they want to have, Whispering Canyon can be a lot of fun. The interaction with the wait staff is hilarious.

For adults though, I might try something like Sanaa (Indian / African / Mediterranian), California Grill, Artist Point, Kouzzina, Narcosse, Citricos (if the would like Greed), or any number of other excellent restaurants. If you want a buffet try Boma's. www.allears.net has all the menus. Check out the Resort and Downtown Disney restaurants and see what might be appropriate.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the suggestions! I do want something with a "fun" aspect. IBut Whispering Canyon isn't really what I'm going for :) I've never tried Sanaa, although Jiko is my favorite restaurant on property. Kouzzina is a great suggestion, we could walk around the boardwalk....I'm not really going to a "fine dining experience" with this group. I know they would enjoy being able to let their hair down a little. (But I am trying to keep it a few steps above bar food) Maybe one of the Swan/Dolphin places would be good.

Thanks for the suggestions! I do want something with a "fun" aspect. IBut Whispering Canyon isn't really what I'm going for :) I've never tried Sanaa, although Jiko is my favorite restaurant on property. Kouzzina is a great suggestion, we could walk around the boardwalk....I'm not really going to a "fine dining experience" with this group. I know they would enjoy being able to let their hair down a little. (But I am trying to keep it a few steps above bar food) Maybe one of the Swan/Dolphin places would be good.

Perhaps Raglan Road at DTD? Irish music and dancing, depending on which night. :dance3: They do have "bar food", but other good food too.

http://www.raglanroad.com/

minnie mum said:
I'm going to suggest the same thing. We really like the food there. The beer and ale are great (try the flights) and the music and dancing are great entertainment.

I was gonna suggest Raglan Road, too! :)
Did you say when you're going? The new bowling alley Splitsville opens later this month. That could be fun.

Narcoossee's is definitely a good choice. The food is always delicious. I've never had a bad meal there. And I just like being on the Grand Floridian grounds.

Also, California Grill will be closed until summer 2013 for refurbishment. If you really want fun and more food than you can handle, try Ohana at the Polynesian!

Raglan Road is great. The food is good and they have an awesome beer selection. Make sure to ask to be seated in the main room if you want to enjoy the music and dancing.

I'm not sure if you'd want to keep the party going after dinner (I used to travel for work and our last night out of town, we generally did...), so maybe dinner at Big River Works at the Boardwalk (they have in house craft beers) followed by a night at Jellyrolls (dueling pianos - drinks AND entertainment and the music appeals to almost anyone) or Reglan Road at Downtown Disney with options of things to do after dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter