• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me pick a resort through Interval International

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
Thinking of a late May trip. My parents own through Interval & we would do an exchange or getaway through that.
We would like to get 2, 2-3 bedroom condos.

Traveling with 2 grandparents, 3 adults, 5 teens.

Close to Disney is a priority, as are nice pools, a nice place (we stayed at a Westgate Lake once years ago & it was awful!) & we’d prefer a Marriott or similar.

Lmk your opinions!!!

TIA

Any of the Marriott Orlando timeshare properties are good and since you'd prefer one of those, I'd say just go with one where you can get two units. I looked up II exchange properties and see Sheraton Vistana Resort on the list too. It's one that we've stayed at many times and really like. It's just two miles down the road from Disney Springs. It's a large resort, so probably a good one where you'd probably be able to grab two units (be sure to get both in the same section, so you are not too far away from each other). The Vistana has lots of pools, hot tubs, activities, (great for teens IMHO) and has nice landscaping with little lakes and fountains all over, so typically your patio or balcony will overlook a little lake/fountain rather than a parking lot (we like to sit out a lot in Florida, so appreciate that aspect of this resort).

Marriott Sabal Palms and Royal Palms have great 2BRs right across I-4 from Disney property. Very nice pool at the Marriott World Center with several sweet water slides. It's silly, but Sabal has the best shower in the master bathroom in the II system IMO. You can walk from Sabal to the main pool, but the villas are in the back of the complex. Royal is closer to the front of the resort and is a little quicker to get into and out of, but you'd probably have to take a shuttle to the main pool.

Sabal has 2 story villas with no elevators and maybe a step down to the living room area if the grandparents have mobility issues.

The Marriott Imperial Palms has 3BRs and is on the same property but I haven't stayed there. I think some of the beds may be twins - not sure.

The location at the Marriott World Center is a few minutes closer to Disney than Sheraton Vistana Resort and SVR doesn't have the nifty slides, but both the Marriott Palm resorts and SVR have great locations for easy and quick access to WDW and are very high quality resorts.

Last edited:
We too used to love the Marriott World Center resorts - the drive to WDW is very quick, and the villas are lovely. We’re sad that our TS doesn’t trade in II anymore!

Vistana is nice too. Either one would be a great choice.

We stay at Marriott's Harbor Lakes. They have 2 bedroom units. My kids like it there because it's very family oriented. They have 2 pools and a huge splash pad area

We stay at Marriott's Harbor Lakes. They have 2 bedroom units. My kids like it there because it's very family oriented. They have 2 pools and a huge splash pad area

I wouldn't complain about staying at any Marriott but I would think it would skew better toward younger kids than the OP's group. Also, it is located closer to Universal and not as close to WDW as the Marriott Palms and SVR...

I wouldn't complain about staying at any Marriott but I would think it would skew better toward younger kids than the OP's group. Also, it is located closer to Universal and not as close to WDW as the Marriott Palms and SVR...

My kids are teens and love HL. They are the only Marriott with a water slide. My kids aren’t the lay by the pool kind of kids and would be bored without the pool activities.

mad far as distance is concerned it’s not that far in my opinion

I'd go with Mariott first (we love Harbor lake but I agree it's better for younger kids). IF you can't get Mariott go with Sheraton.

They are the only Marriott with a water slide.

I know these slides are technically at the World Center but they are pretty nice, and they are included with timeshare stays at the Marriott Palms resorts on MWC property...

109421877.jpg

We stayed at the Marriott Royal Palms last year and it we really liked it. It was a pretty peaceful location, but you could hop on the shuttle to the Marriott World center to use the pool and other facilities.

If you are up for a location a little further away from Disney, I would also highly recommend Marriott's Cypress Harbour. This has been our favorite of the Marriott Timeshares that we've tried thus far. We haven't tried a lot of them yet though... ;)

I’ve only stayed at Marriott timeshares in Orlando in the past, but see great getaways for late summer at the Sheraton Vistana Resort (about $500/week for 2 bedroom units). Looked at the map, and it’s about as close as the Palms (we loved our stay at Sabal Palms a few years back).

They look very nice! The location is good, and the pools look nice too. I’m in such travel withdrawal, so am considering booking 2 weeks of getaways there and bringing my (young adult) kids last 2 weeks of August again. For less than $1,000 (versus over $3,500 if booked through Marriott), that is a deal. Love Getaways.

I mostly prefer the convenience of staying at a Disney resort, but now with so many not open, and the ones that are not offering as much as far as dining or housekeeping, and the prices are still IMHO way inflated for what you get, off site sounds better for the time to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter