Help me pick a place to go! *Update on Pg. 3!!

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
I can't for the life of me make a decision! ;)
DH and I want to go away without the kids for a long weekend in May.(the first weeken). My mom will be taking care of them. Anyway we can't think of a place to go. We can fly some where or drive. We don't have passports but we could get them. Our budget is around $1500. We want something romantic, but not boring, but we are not party people, we don't drink either. So where should we go? So far here are some of our ideas but we would love any other suggestions:
Disney world
Disney Land
Quebec City
Turks and Caicos
Newport, Ri

DH and I want to go away without the kids for a long weekend in May.(the first weeken). My mom will be taking care of them. Anyway we can't think of a place to go. We can fly some where or drive. We don't have passports but we could get them. Our budget is around $1500. We want something romantic, but not boring, but we are not party people, we don't drink either. So where should we go? So far here are some of our ideas but we would love any other suggestions:
Disney world
Disney Land
Quebec City
Turks and Caicos
Newport, Ri

Key West, Florida
Memphis or Nashvilee, Tennessee
New Orleans, Louisiana
New York City
Washington, DC

We love an adult only all inclusive resort in Mexico. You would fly into Cancun and take a shuttle about an hour away. The name is Catalonia Royal Tulum. Very relaxing and we like it because you don't have to get dressed up for dinner. Just a nice pair of short and a nice shirt.

San Diego is nice. You could stay at the Hotel del Coronado which is a pretty amazing place.

I like the ideas of the Keys or New Orleans otherwise.

Of your choices I'd go with Quebec City. It is on my short list for future trips and looks like it would be a great place to visit. It's as close as you'll get to a European city in the eastern half of the continent.

You said romantic so I pick, New Orleans, Puerto Rico (not San Juan) Fajardo, vieques, culebra, and that area, NYC, or San Francisco.

Sandals properties are nice too. There are also a slew of adult only resorts in Mexico that are very romantic. Have fun! :)

I believe the first weekend in May is Jazz Festival in New Orleans so I'd probably pick that:thumbsup2 but hurry if you like the idea because the hotels and tickets sell out quickly.

You didn't say where you're coming FROM but for a long weekend I wouldn't want to spend more than 4-5 hours travelling, house to hotel. That would be a big consideration for me.

Other ideas dependent upon your location: San Francisco, Key West, but if you are anywhere close to a cheap flight to Cancun, I HIGHLY recommend a nice island just south of there (to Cancun and then 15 minute ferry), Isla Mujeres. It is gorgeous, tranquil, uncrowded, and inexpensive.:thumbsup2

Sorry I didn't mention where we are from! We live in NY about an hour and 15 min. From NYC.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

NYC is out because DH works there everyday and believe me it is not his idea of a romantic trip! :lmao: He likes to stay as far away from it when he is not working.;)

Because of the water/ food, a past bad experience(for me) and safety issues, I know DH wouldn't even consider Mexico.

Key West seems interesting! So does New Orleans, but that might not be an option if there is a huge festivals going on. I would assume hotel prices would be up, and it would be really crowded, and we actually hate Jazz music!:rotfl:

Gosh, we are very picky!;)

Disney world
Disney Land
Quebec City
Turks and Caicos
Newport, Ri

Since you're going w/out kids, I'd say Quebec City from your list. In may and the summertime, I'd head north of NY (I'm an hour outside the city too), save the other trips (like a Turks and Caicos) for the wintertime.

How about East Coast -- Savannah, GA or Charleston, SC?

My parents went to Stockbridge, MA (Red Lion Inn) for a long weekend a few years ago and loved it.

Of your choices I'd go with Quebec City. It is on my short list for future trips and looks like it would be a great place to visit. It's as close as you'll get to a European city in the eastern half of the continent.

I second Quebec City, fabulous place:thumbsup2
or even Montreal or Toronto if you are inclined to go north.

Newport RI is another favorite place, lots to see and do there too and the weather can be nice in may. not guaranteed though

I'd love to go to Key West!

I'd also love to do a long vacation to Savannah, Charleston and Hilton Head Island.

I'd also love to do a long vacation to Savannah, Charleston and Hilton Head Island.

This would be my choice. Savannah and Charleston are two of the most romantic, charming little towns you'll ever come across. Great food, very relaxing, not big party places, but still plenty of things to do.

Steamboat Springs, CO
Carlsbad, CA
Key West, FL
Savannah, GA

I do not drink either and found plenty to do and enjoy in each of these places.

Again, thanks for all the great suggestions! Now why didn't I think of Savannah, or Charleston!;)

Key West really looks amazing too! OK, one question I have is what airport do you fly into for Key West?

Take a cruise out of NYC! They're not that expensive, all inclusive, you can get to the port quickly, and if you don't drink, a real bargain! If you don't have a week, don't waste 2 days travelling.

We did the Sandals in the Bahamas and it was great! Since you only have a weekend, I would want to stay somewhat close. This resort is a super short flight and you never have to leave...well, except to go home. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter