Help me out here. TA or Me to make Reservations?

shmoogrrrl

Tigger Goddess
We will be visiting Tigger and friends May 2 - 9. I believe that means that we can make our dinner reservations on the 1st of February, which is this Sunday. I have booked with Dreams Unlimited for the trip and I know that they will make my dinner reservations for me but I've never actually had them do it in the past. I am considering it this time.

I guess my question is, is it better for me to get up and do it myself, or can I just leave it with them and still have a good chance to get what I want? I mean I wouldn't expect my TA to be getting up at 6am on a Sunday to make my Dinner reservations, even though *I* might do that. On the other hand, if they can make them whenever they do it and I can still likely get what we want, then I'll sleep in. :)

If it matters, we will likely want all our meals between 4:30 - 6:00 (Except for the California Grill) and as you can see from the list below, we aren't planning to do Cinderella's Castle so that isn't a concern.

Our list:

1900 Park Fare
Whispering Canyon
Akershus
California Grill (hoping to catch fireworks)
Le Cellier
Crystal Palace
Nine Dragons (lunch)

Of course, there is the extra added problem that they might release park times and such until the day of or after I can make reservations!

Any opinions? I mean it can't be THAT stressful to get dinner reservations for most of the restaurants above, can it?

We will be visiting Tigger and friends May 2 - 9. I believe that means that we can make our dinner reservations on the 1st of February, which is this Sunday. I have booked with Dreams Unlimited for the trip and I know that they will make my dinner reservations for me but I've never actually had them do it in the past. I am considering it this time.

I guess my question is, is it better for me to get up and do it myself, or can I just leave it with them and still have a good chance to get what I want? I mean I wouldn't expect my TA to be getting up at 6am on a Sunday to make my Dinner reservations, even though *I* might do that. On the other hand, if they can make them whenever they do it and I can still likely get what we want, then I'll sleep in. :)

If it matters, we will likely want all our meals between 4:30 - 6:00 (Except for the California Grill) and as you can see from the list below, we aren't planning to do Cinderella's Castle so that isn't a concern.

Our list:

1900 Park Fare
Whispering Canyon
Akershus
California Grill (hoping to catch fireworks)
Le Cellier
Crystal Palace
Nine Dragons (lunch)

Of course, there is the extra added problem that they might release park times and such until the day of or after I can make reservations!

Any opinions? I mean it can't be THAT stressful to get dinner reservations for most of the restaurants above, can it?

I think it is a personal decision. A lot of people want to have control over everything.

I, however, on the last six visits have left it all to my TA and she has been marvelous. I give her my list and she makes all my ADR's. If she can't get the exact time, she'll do it as cloase as can and then check with me to be sure it is okay. If not, she'll go back and try another time I suggest. My TA also watches for the original time and if a restaurant is totally booked, she will keep checking. I don't have the time with my job to be making numerous calls and I have the utmost confidence in my TA.

For me I would have to do it. To know it got done. But that's me. You need to do what works for you.

For me I would have to do it. To know it got done. But that's me. You need to do what works for you.

Also a control freak! I love doing it on my own.

It is hard for the TA when they are like... the only time is at 9, do you want it or not?

I also find it is good to keep all the reservations made at one time. Once you make 2-3 phonecalls, I have found in the past, they tend to mess them up!

I was nervous about letting the TA make reservations. I knew that I would be at work and I had no choice. It went great. She got CRT break at the time I wanted. I was unsure about where to eat at DHS. So I basically said Sci-fi or 50's or what ever she could get. Smart girl got me MM fantasmic dining pkg. Now that they have reduced the times and people are having a hard time getting in I sure am glad she did. :worship: :lovestruc :banana: :hippie: :hug: :flower3:

Since I am and OCD WDW planner I would make them myself

I'm using DU and was wondering this myself...the lady I've been working with is just awesome, and hasn't asked me as of yet about the dining, but I'm sure she will when it gets closer. I do want certain places on certain days, but am flexible with times. Can we give her info on birthdays and a cake also? I'm surprising my mom in Sept for her b/day and want Coral Reef on the actual day, and want a small cake for her...wondering how that works...We'll be on the DDP, and I know the cake isn't covered, but I want it anyways. Thanks for all the help, it's been awesome planning this...don't know how I'm gonna tell her tho....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter