help me organize my FE stuff

phyzz

Mouseketeer
I am participating in my first FE group . I have lots of stuff and
I am curious how experienced FE people bring and organize their delieveries . I do not want to spend a ton of time doing this after I am on the boat .

Thanks
Phyllis

I packaged gifts in bags and put labels with Name and Room #. My daughter and I took a few hours and delivered them during the day. It was great getting gifts in the morning as some people delivered during the night.

My dad took the gifts that were on our floor and the floor below. I did the rest. It took maybe an hour.

I plan to put all of the stateroom stuff in a baggie with stateroom number on it. I'm flying in, so I may actually ship all of it to my hotel ahead of time.

I am participating in my first FE group . I have lots of stuff and
I am curious how experienced FE people bring and organize their delieveries . I do not want to spend a ton of time doing this after I am on the boat .

Thanks
Phyllis

Like the others, I sort out my stuff prior to packing into separate ziptop baggies. Label with room number. Then onboard, depending on how large the FE is, I'll deliver one deck at a time, or all at once, when it's convient for me.

We did a FE exchange on our September 2012 cruise out of NYC to Canada. There were about 30 cabins involved. A wonderful person in our FE group made a map of all the cabins involved. She took each deck plan and marked where the cabins were located and who was in that cabin.

I printed this out and brought it with us. This made delivering our gifts SO much easier. I didn't know when to give out my gifts. I had made name badges for everyone and I wanted eveyone to have them for the whole cruise so I wanted to give them out early in the cruise.

On our first night, my DH and I were coming back to our cabin after midnight and "caught" one of the girls giving out her FE gifts. She said she just wanted to get them delivered so she did not have to worry about them. We went in our cabin and went to bed. Well, I couldn't sleep and her idea just seemed so great to me that I got up, threw on my pool coverup and went and delivered my gifts. It was probably after 1:30 in the morning but I was able to get it done so fast as there was no one around.

Linda

I would highly recommend printing a deck plan and highlighting the participating cabins on it (as mentioned above).

IMO, the numbering system of the cabins can be confusing at first and mapping out where you are going is very efficient and prevents a lot of backtracking.

Have fun!

I print out a list of the staterooms in order. I put the gifts in a tote bag in order. On the classic ships I deliver FEs by deck. On the new ships I learned that it was better to sort by forward, midship and aft.

Where might I get printable deck plans?

EDIT: found the answer searching on Disboards...which is much better than google for this stuff. :)

In this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2640861

Zandy595 said:
"http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Ma...p=Disney+Dream

If you click on the pdf icon at the bottom of the page you can select 5 decks to print at a time. You'd have to print 3 pages in order to get all of them, but they'll be bigger and easier to see."

J

I organize everything by deck.....and I even put them in order from aft to forward. or forward/ aft.

I pack everything in big ziploc baggies. and then I have bags to take stuff home in

It gets difficult when you have specific gifts for specific staterooms. We learned this one the hard way. We packaged everything up to get onboard, and then once onboard we separated it all into shopping bags by deck.

This year we're trying something a bit different -- there will be a few distinct groupings (adults, teen boys, girls 7-12, boys 7-12, and girls 6 and under, and boys 6 and under). That will give us five shopping bags.

Between DD and I, we will follow our deck plan (with staterooms highlighted) and just dip into the requisite bags as we stealthily make our way around the ship. That way, at least, we're not digging around to find the right labelled gifts in each bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter