Help me not make people mad :-)

OK, I disagree with everyone. :upsidedow OP learn as much as you can about DDP because it will make your trip easier. If you have the misfortune of grumpy people behind you in line, then just remember that you're at Disney having a great time and they are too busy nitpicking to have as much fun as you are. Nobody should be stressed about ordering at a meal counter- it's bad for digestion. Really, sometimes I think it's over the top how some DISers talk about annoying people that actually stopped on Main St. to look at the sights, etc. It's a vacation...relax and take a couple minutes to order if you want. :)

OK, I disagree with everyone. :upsidedow OP learn as much as you can about DDP because it will make your trip easier. If you have the misfortune of grumpy people behind you in line, then just remember that you're at Disney having a great time and they are too busy nitpicking to have as much fun as you are. Nobody should be stressed about ordering at a meal counter- it's bad for digestion. Really, sometimes I think it's over the top how some DISers talk about annoying people that actually stopped on Main St. to look at the sights, etc. It's a vacation...relax and take a couple minutes to order if you want. :)

Right On!!!!! I think people forget to slow down on vacation and they try to do too much in too little time.....hence the "grumpy" people... That is what is great about Disney... the fact that there IS so much to see and do. It makes you want to go back again so that you can see and do those things you couldn't get to the first, second or third time around. :cloud9:

I haven't seen any post about DISers being annoyed about people stopping on Main St. to look at the sites, but I am just getting into the boards and I will probably run across them eventually. That makes me sad :guilty: though. The DIS boards are full of great and helpful people, I am surprised that those who love Disney sooooo much can't understand why people would stop on Main St. to take it all in... especially those who are visiting for the first time!!!!!! What a sight to see... Cinderella's castle princess: for the first time!!!! WOW

For your own sanity :upsidedow, I agree in that you should maybe take the order on a peice of paper before you get to the counter so you don't have people changing their minds mid order....and don't forget to check that receipt..... I guess my final suggestion is.... don't let the stress of ordering food get in the way of enjoying your time at Disney!!!! :cheer2: .

Thanks for the notebook idea!

I have all of the CS and QS meals in a word document already, so we can set up at a table with our large group (7) and have everyone place their order with me. I'll write it down, go to the window and order for everyone while they sit and wait.

Actually since it's 7, we probably need me and a helper at the window, but whatever, the idea of a notebook for ordering is great!! :thumbsup2

<<<<< doesn't give a hoot what other people think. Go to disney and have a wonderful vacation- forget what others think about you- we were all rookies once upon a time!!!!

Is it possible that the DDP causes frustrations and confusions because of the variances at the different restaurants as well as different CM's and the changes that have been made over the years?

We used DDP 2 years ago. We loved it, and didn't really have any problems with it. Of course there were times that flustered me when at a counter service restaurant. Everything is fast paced, and I would know what I wanted to order, but then when I got there and ordered, the CM would tell me I also got something else...this suprised me, and I'm not a great on the fly decision maker. So, I never really knew exactly what was "allowed". For example, when at Flame Tree I ordered the fruit plate and key lime pie. Then I was informed I also got a side...At Sunshine Seasons we were told we could get one of the side salads with our meal. But when you read abut how the DDP works, this is not what you would think a counter service meal would be like. It says an entree or a combo meal. Not entree and side or combo meal...so which is it? And when we were there last for breakfast you could get 2 drinks and an entree or drink, fruit and entree...but as I understand this has changed. So, I think things have changed, and this is confusing. Really...I think most all confusion is really around counter service meals. And drinks allowable at sit down meals.

Is it possible that the DDP causes frustrations and confusions because of the variances at the different restaurants as well as different CM's and the changes that have been made over the years?

I have to agree. We've used the DDP two years now and the rules are different each time and in each resturant. Be prepared to have trouble with the two key cards. We had one server try to not let my dd get her (child) and her dad's (adult) meal on her card because I was getting two adult meals on my card (my DS was an adult) because she was not an adult. I explained to him that they were two different room card. He said that he'de let us get away with it this time:confused3. We weren't trying to pull a fast one we were using our appropriate meals but he just couldn't figure it out.

Having six kids myself I understand your concerns. The fact that you are concerned with not holding up the line makes me believe that you will be fine;) . The biggest confusion I found with CS meals was the desserts. We never asked them what they wanted until we knew for sure what the options were. Than while ordered DH would give the kids the option for desserts. By the time I was finished ordering the meals he would have the dessert ready to order.

I've noticed a lot of the "vents" regarding being behind people in line not knowing how to order with the dining plan.

I'm skeered I'm gonna make some of y'all come back and vent about me.

Tell me how to best deal with the dining plan while i'm there.... I've got 2 rooms, 6 children. 2 of my children are under 3, 2 of them are "Children's menu" age, and the other 2 are "adult menu" age. How do you keep track of things? What is it important to know?

Also, my 70 yo parents are going to Disney for the first time with us. They will be clueless as well... what advice can i give them?

Bagheera, you are my hero! Dh and I are taking our 10 yo granddaughter and my 72 yo mother and I'm nervous. If you can do it, I can do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter