• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me name my new dog!

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
Help guys! I did a search because I know there are tons of threads about this, couldn't find one.

We just got her she's an almost 2 year old Blue Merle female collie. She has a name but doesn't respond to it. My other collies name is Jasmine. I went through all the Princesses, all are a no! Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Southern4sure said:
I found this site...maybe it will help

http://pets.htmlplanet.com/categ/girl-disney.html

p.s. I love Blue Merle collies....If I was to every get another dog...I want the white collie...you rarely see them but I think they are beautiful.
Thanks great site! I love Bianca.

I've always wanted a Blue Merle, always had Sables until now. Yes, whites are very beautiful also. You're right they aren't seen much. :paw:

How about Fluffy? I love Collie, never had one. But I've got a great Sheltie! I love to see him sleep upside down, like a fluffy ball. :)

roliepolieoliefan said:
Thanks great site! I love Bianca.

I've always wanted a Blue Merle, always had Sables until now. Yes, whites are very beautiful also. You're right they aren't seen much. :paw:

My mom use to raise collies and I took 1 pup when I got married years ago. I named him Shananigan.

My first dog was a shepherd mix that looked like a collie. She was beautiful. We named her Snoopy.

Maybe you can take your dogs orginal given name and give her one very similar. When we adopted my current dog she came with a really strange name that we refused to call her. So we shortened it to Ally. She was 6mo when we got her and she responded well to the name change.

Congratulations on your new doggy! How about Rajah (princess Jasmine's tiger)? I also like Belle.

How about Sidney its Disney with the letters mixed around.

We have a male australian shepard ( a tri, not a blue merle though!) named Seamus (Shamus) and a new female golden retriever puppy we just named Scout. We also considered Reilly for her. Good luck! :paw: :paw:

Awww, I'm glad you got another Collie. :love: Did you rescue her? I am partial to two syllable names for dogs, remember reading somewhere they respond better to them. We usually end up calling our dogs a nickname anyway (our current dog's name is Liesl [from The Sound of Music] but we lovingly call her "Crazy" if that tells you anything, LOL). Good luck in naming her, I'm sure you'll pick a nice one. BTW, what is the name she came with?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter