Help me justify stay at Contemporary!

Disney_dreamer

riding the monorail
Help! I just booked a two night stay at the Contemporary for March 2007 - Tower room, MK view, rack rates - $515 a night.

The past several years, we have rented points and stayed five nights at OKW for about the same as one night at the CR. My 5 year old son is a MONORAIL FANATIC. Last year, my DH had to take him out of MK so they could ride the monorail loop. It is the only "ride" he talks about. We are taking a trip to FL in March to visit in laws, and this year we agreed on just a quick trip to Disney. I'm figuring since it is a quick trip (one day at MK) I can justify the $$ on the hotel.

The new tower rooms look really nice, plus, I'll keep checking and maybe the rates will go down and I can re-book at the lower rate?

Can anybody else come up with other justifications? Or should I consider canceling??

THANKS!

don't cancel!! you are staying at a deluxe resort at disney it is a treat! not only do you have the monrail which your ds LOVES, but you can walk to the mk! which is great on the wishes fire works night! I just read a post from a man who stayed at pop and waited an hour and half for a bus after wishes! not good with small tired and cranky kids! plus you have 3 restaurants right in the resort! you can also (as you probably know) take the monrail to epcot. remember this is something your ds will remember the rest of his life. yes it is pricey, but worth every penny! treat yourselves!

Here's how I'd justify it - he's only going to get older for future trips so consider this a one-time "while he's still cheap" expense.

If your budget can handle it then keep the reservation. If it bothers you to pay that much a night, there are several cheaper (just as wonderful) options. You could stay at the CR in one of the wing rooms. It's much cheaper, same room size and style, same location, just a different view. There are two other monorail resorts (Poly and GF), both are beautiful and you should be able to get a room cheaper than $515 a night. We've stayed at all three. They all have great qualities, but the best thing about staying in one of the monorail resorts is that it's just a quick monorail ride the the other monorail resorts that you are not staying at.

How fabulous to be blessed enough that you can indulge with your family, you are making memories! Enjoy!!

That said, be comfortable with your decision, whatever it ends up being!

kapoof said:
don't cancel!! you are staying at a deluxe resort at disney it is a treat! not only do you have the monrail which your ds LOVES, but you can walk to the mk! which is great on the wishes fire works night! I just read a post from a man who stayed at pop and waited an hour and half for a bus after wishes! not good with small tired and cranky kids! plus you have 3 restaurants right in the resort! you can also (as you probably know) take the monrail to epcot. remember this is something your ds will remember the rest of his life. yes it is pricey, but worth every penny! treat yourselves!

I couldn't have put it better myself! You and your family will never forget one night!!!

Heck... if you can afford it and it won't cause you any financial hardships afterwards, then by all means, go for it!!! You only live once and life is too short for any "what if's" you may have afterwards if you change your mind and go elsewhere.

If your little one is a Monorail Fanatic.... imagine how excited he will be!!!!

Have fun!!!!! :cool1:

I remember the first trip with my husband 1989 (no kids yet) I attempted to cost justify the Poly. No car for a week = $$. Poly=????. It just cannot be done. I don't do much just because I want to but we have done the Poly a few more times because we love it (and now the kids do too).

This year 2 rooms at the All Star Sports because the teenagers just don't care where they sleep they just want the Extra Magic Hours and with 2 rooms everyone gets their own bed.

You have to do it because you want to and having a kid that loves the monorail is reason enough. Enjoy it while you can.

I agree, if you can afford it ... do it!
We just got back and we -loved- that room!
Location is amazing, view is even better ..

Keep your reservation you will not regret it. The Magic Kingom view at the Contemporary is a something you & your family will remember for the rest of your lives, so don't cancel it. You said your son loves the Monorail so incase you do cancel for a better rate & it turns out nothing is available once you tried to re-book your reservation, do you want to disapoint him?

how to justify it????
that's easy....

you and your family Deserve it
so go for it and enjoy!! :teeth:

We were in the tower at the CR last December and the cost really scared me. But staying there made our trip more magical than you can imagine. My daughter loved being on the monorail, we rode it ALL the time. You won't believe how convenient having it right there will be! And watching the fire works from your own room whenever you want......I can't even describe how wonderful that made our stay.

And even now a year later our memories are strong and the magic has stayed with us. Was it worth it? YES! YES!!

Have a fabulous time!! pixiedust:

I'm right with you. I just reserved a room on the 12th Floor Atrium Club for April '07. :cloud9: Crunching the number will never work in the your favor. It's the "intangibles" that you can't put a price on that justify the cost.

Staying in the tower is wonderful. I love the Bay Lake View. It is so relaxing at night!!!

Remember its very well possible that AP and general public rates will come out at some point. Subscribe to the watch thread for March on the Codes board and keep an eye on mousesavers. Make a habit of checking everytime you get on the web.

Do it! Do it! Do it! I love the Contemporary, and like the others say if you can wing it financially you should definitely splurge and enjoy yourselves! I absolutely love the MK view rooms, it's the most magical view. First thing I do when I get into my CR room is to open the sliding doors and step out to see the view. My nieces love seeing the monorail passing through whenever we are on the concourse shopping or having a meal. You'll love it and so will your son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter