Help me if you have gone to WDW alone with kids!

Sav&Seb

Earning My Ears
I am freaking out a little bit! I am going to the world with my 2 and 6 year olds alone for the first part of our trip. DH has to work and will be meeting us about 3 or 4 days later. I dont know why I feel so nervous about this since I am a SAHM and am always with my kids! This wil be our first time at the All Stars Music family suite. I was thinking of just renting a double stroller at the parks so I wouldn't have to carry one on the plane or deal with one on the buses. My 2 year old boy is well... you know, a two year old lol! He has his tantrums and such when thing don't go his way and can be a handful:( Any tips for me or helpful words out there???

Don't be freaked out, the kids can smell fear and will eat you alive. You are the parent, step up and be the parent. The rules of the house apply while at Disney and even more so. Try to keep the same schedule and remember nap time for everyone. Eat well, rest well, play hard.

Bring the stroller or rent. Ask for help! If you have to carry a tray of food and have the stroller ask a CM to carry the tray for you to the table.

I went alone with my DS who has autism. We had a blast, I let him pick the rides and what to do for a few days. How is did was not my way but I loved just being with him.

You can do it, go, have fun.

I went alone with my two kids a few months ago. Ages 1 and 5. Frankly it was easier alone than with my husband. Love him. But it was easy and you'll have a great time!

We try to get to Disney once a year, so if we can hijack DH's conferences we do.

When alone and my kids were little I would just rent a stroller, but we always brought our own too. Much easier in the airport and then when DH was with us we would have the strollers and not have to rent. Typically our late nights were when DH was with us so it helped having the strollers for them to rest in.

Totally doable alone. Much more relaxing because there is absolutely no expectations; let the kids pick what they feel like doing. I typically planned some sit downs so that I didn't have to juggle the trays for every meal. Also I typically make these early nights so that we are all getting sleep so that when DH is with us we can do some later nights.

I had about 1 1/2 hours alone in the MK with my 3 last week. (5, 7 & 9) I was nervous, but it wasn't bad and showed me I can always run up for a trip with them when DH gets sick of WDW! :rotfl: We had a double stroller but I parked it and we walked since we weren't leaving Fantasy Land until DH got back.

I just told them since Daddy was away for a bit they better stay close to me and listen the first time. I didn't worry about my older girls, it's my almost 5 year old boy who likes to walk slowly behind us! I swear I think they listened better than when DH was there - maybe they noticed I was being more strict? Anyway, it went fine - even when DS had to go to the bathroom as soon as we got in line for Pooh and we all had to trudge out of line!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter