• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Me Get to Jiko!

dpmfloyd

DIS Veteran
Hey Folks, So i have 5:50pm ressies for Jiko on a tuesday in january. I intend on spending this particular tuesday at AK so it works out nicely!

But...here's where the fun comes. How do i get to the AKL? i'm guessing they have a bus, since everywhere i see you cant walk there.

How much time should i allow to get there? if i left AK at 4:30, would that be enough to get over and walk around to kill some time ( if there's time to kill )

Then...

after we eat, is it easiest to take the bus to DD, then back to POP? or if there is a bus running to HS, should i head over there and then take the standard bus to POP?

Yes there is a bus to AKL from AK, you cant walk it. Being as close as it is, I would allow about 45 minutes, in case you walk up and just miss the bus it could be about 20 more til the next bus comes. After, you've nailed it, if HS is still open, take that bus and then the pop bus for sure. If it's closed then go ahead and take the DTD bus and catch the pop bus, or, take a cab from AKL back to pop..

edit: If you happen to walk up and there is a bus there, take some time and walk around AKL before you check in at jiko, it's a wonderful resort. Also, since there are now 2 parts of AKL, make sure you get off at Jambo house, and not Kidani Village, as Jiko is in the Jambo part..

Yes, if you leave AK by 4:30, you'll be at AKL in plenty of time...probably be a bit early. But that's okay, you can check out the area as well as the gift shop before dinner.
The best way to get back to POP is to head to a park that is still open, then take the bus from there to POP. If nothing is open, then head to DTD...that's the best bet. If AK is open, EMHs, head there. THat would be the quickest.

Yeah, once again, goofy4tink is correct. Take a bus from AKL to any open park. Most efficient would be DHS, because it's really, really close to Pop. Next choice would be Epcot because it's generally open until 9, and with a 5:50 reservation you should be able to make it (figuring on approximate on-time seating, and about two hours to dine). Animal Kingdom is a pretty good suggestion, but even with EMH in January it'll only be open until 8, and you might have a hard time getting a bus to there.

Next choice would be Downtown Disney, with Magic Kingdom being last due to distance from both AKL and Pop.

:goodvibeswow, great suggestion - especially the tip on where to get off at AK, i would have probably gotten off at the wrong spot - making the girlfriend none-too-pleased!

thanks folks! you're all awesome! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter