Help me get to dinner.....

Love2Roam

Earning My Ears
I wasn't sure where to post this thread but since it is basically about our dining option I'll post here.

So, here is my predicament. Several months ago I booked a ressie at the Califoina Grill in the Contemporary w/ the intention to leave our son in the Neverland Kids Club at the Poly. I thought it would be convenient to zip right over to the Contemporary for our ressie, see the fireworks and zip back to pick him up. As I have continued my research with the help of these boards I am starting to panic. First - is there a direct monorail from the Poly to the Contemporary? Or do we have to get to the TTC first and switch to a different monorail? Also, if we stay at the California Grill through the fireworks will we have trouble getting back to the Poly because of the fireworks 'crowd'.
In hind sight I should have booked Ohana months ago when we were first able to but now it's too late and Ohana is booked solid :guilty:
Any help/suggestions you can offer are greatly appreciated. I'm almost tempted to just give up on the whole reservation altogether.

Love2Roam said:
I wasn't sure where to post this thread but since it is basically about our dining option I'll post here.

So, here is my predicament. Several months ago I booked a ressie at the Califoina Grill in the Contemporary w/ the intention to leave our son in the Neverland Kids Club at the Poly. I thought it would be convenient to zip right over to the Contemporary for our ressie, see the fireworks and zip back to pick him up. As I have continued my research with the help of these boards I am starting to panic. First - is there a direct monorail from the Poly to the Contemporary? Or do we have to get to the TTC first and switch to a different monorail? Also, if we stay at the California Grill through the fireworks will we have trouble getting back to the Poly because of the fireworks 'crowd'.
In hind sight I should have booked Ohana months ago when we were first able to but now it's too late and Ohana is booked solid :guilty:
Any help/suggestions you can offer are greatly appreciated. I'm almost tempted to just give up on the whole reservation altogether.

Yes, there is a monorail from the Contmp to the Poly. It would be 2 stops away. But the kids club at the Poly is very close to the TTC so you may want to get off there and walk over to get your child

No need to panic at all. As the PP said, the monorail goes to both locations. The TTC is the first stop after the Contemporary (the Poly is the 2nd) and the Neverland is close to the TTC, so that may just be the easiest approach. That's most likely what I would do.

Are you staying @ the Poly? (Because I was just wondering how you were getting back to your resort after the Neverland Club if you weren't staying there.)

Are you staying @ the Poly? (Because I was just wondering how you were getting back to your resort after the Neverland Club if you weren't staying there.)

That is great question and I kind of forgot about that :scared1: I was thinking we could either take the monorail to MK and take a bus back to our resort (if they are still running buses back to the resorts at that time) or we could just take a cab from the Poly.

Thank you both for your replies - I really appreaicate your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter