• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me get engaged

leighe said:
Oooohhh - I just read this. How perfect!

How long is wishes? Is it too long to wait around? :love:

I dont want her to know anything

This is great does can any one else give me other great ideas like the ones posted.

And I am still looking for the music :love: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband: :rockband:

Theultimateparkhoppe said:
Ok now I understand what wishes is!
But where can I listen to the music or where can I buy it or what are the wishes the characters are making?

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELP

THis is very romantic

THANK YOU
if you look under the photo/video section of the DIS, there is a video of Wishes and you can hear the music there. Going to try to post the link. http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Wishes2/index.htm#hm-rt-photo-wishes

Good Luck and Best Wishes!

My vote still goes to the illuminations cruise or wishes cruise/ preferably on the breathless with cake/strawberries and champagne. I would have a back-up plan if this is not available.

Next spot would be the beaches on the poly. After dinner at Ohana's.

someone mentioned on here about photographers on main street might be able to take pictures of the occasion. A word of warning...dont get your hopes up about the quality of those photos....ours were awful..we were very disappointed and ended up not buying any...oh well! At least we both have the memories!

I don't have any good ideas.
But my two favorites were the dinner at the Castle and having the waiter bring it out under a tray and inside was a glass slipper with the ring in it.

MY top favorite idea that someone mentioned, is that you can have a special table and chairs set up with flowers in MK.
I wonder if you can do that right after "Wishes". While everyone is rushing out after Wishes, you mosey along and come across this beautiful "romantic setup" and talk your future bride into checking it out, as I'm sure other people will be looking at it. But she'll think it's for someone else and think you've gone crazy, as you take it a step further and try and enter. Until the hosts invites you in, then get down on your knee, say something like "please make my wish come true tonight, marry me". I know it's corny but it's got me teary eyed. Also to have the photographer there would be perfect too.

I saw the best engagement when I was in Epcot last Oct. There is a group of street performers that have scheduled shows that involve the audience at various times in the UK. This particular show was a take off of "My Fair Lady" They went through the entire show with "victims" from the audience. At the very end "Eliza" had to choose her bachelor, either "Henry Higgins" or an "Austrian Prince" UNLESS there was someone else out there she'd rather choose. This man jumped up and yelled WAIT. They laid out a mat, he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. Obviously it was all pre-arranged. She was shocked. THere were many teary eyes in the audience as we had no idea this was going to happen either. The whole thing was being video taped too. It was just great. Give the Disney folks a call. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Debbie

tkyes said:
You could go mini golfing and drop the ring box in the hole when she isn't looking, then she'll find it when she goes to grab the ball.

Just had to add this.....if you do this, PLEASE don't do this on the hole at Winter Summerland with the snowman.....when you get your ball out of the hole, that darn snowman sprays water on you! Found out the hard way, and it was NOT funny at the time!

Steph

debaudrn said:
I saw the best engagement when I was in Epcot last Oct. There is a group of street performers that have scheduled shows that involve the audience at various times in the UK. This particular show was a take off of "My Fair Lady" They went through the entire show with "victims" from the audience. At the very end "Eliza" had to choose her bachelor, either "Henry Higgins" or an "Austrian Prince" UNLESS there was someone else out there she'd rather choose. This man jumped up and yelled WAIT. They laid out a mat, he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. Obviously it was all pre-arranged. She was shocked. THere were many teary eyes in the audience as we had no idea this was going to happen either. The whole thing was being video taped too. It was just great. Give the Disney folks a call. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Debbie

When I decide I will let everyone know but I am still searching for the perfect (maybe a little crazy like this one) idea

Great keep them coming

Do her parents live near enough to meet you there? Have you considered letting them in on this? Would that even be important to her?
I think of this because of my cousins propasal he flew her parents down from MA to PA without her knowing. After he popped the question they stopped by his parents house to tell them to her suprise her parents & brother were there to share the joy. It seemed very important & special to her. Just a thought.

Now, I would love a his & her day treatment, then a day in Epcot, then the propsal on the Illumination cruise.

My dh (of 22yrs) would be more the type to clue in the mc/driver on the tram to MK have them announce it as they were driving to the gates, I would turn to see him holding the ring. Thats him.

It truly wouldn't matter. I love him and would say yes no matter how he asked....even now.

Good luck and have fun.

Hi!
Well, my experience getting engaged in WDW was amazing! My husband proposed during dessert at the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort during the fireworks! he got us a wonderful window table with the perfect view of the castle, changing colors. All the waiters were in on it as well, taking pictures and giving us momentos from the restaurant to remember the event. The music was piped into the restaurant while the fireworks went off above the castle, he came by my seat and got down on one knee. He said some beautful words and held up the ring. It was so magical and that special moment happening in WDW made it that much better!
Other ideas might be proposing in front of the castle or in the rose garden?
:)

Deesknee said:
Do her parents live near enough to meet you there? Have you considered letting them in on this? Would that even be important to her?
I think of this because of my cousins propasal he flew her parents down from MA to PA without her knowing. After he popped the question they stopped by his parents house to tell them to her suprise her parents & brother were there to share the joy. It seemed very important & special to her. Just a thought.

Now, I would love a his & her day treatment, then a day in Epcot, then the propsal on the Illumination cruise.
Deesknee

Her parents live in the North East. If I let her mother in on this she...... lets just say she can not keep a secret. :listen:

I would love to do this but........ well the surprise is most important.

Maybe I will have a Disney Wedding.

I am travelling to WDW in late September and I am thinking about popping the question when we are there. When the thought got in my head about asking her while we are at Disney, my heart started racing... I have a lot of time to think about the best way to do it and anyones feedback will be very helpful!

I hands-down love the proposal in Cinderella's Castle but if you are trying for something a bit out there what about trying to go to the Hoop-Dee-Do Revue and see if they will let you on stage or her on stage to do the proposal. You should also watch the food network this weekend as they are having a wedding weekend and part of it will take place in Disney. Maybe it'll give you some other ideas...

I haven't read all of the responses, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

My fiance and I got engaged last May in the Magic Kingdom. He worked with a company called Gifts of a Lifetime to set up a scavenger hunt for me. He took me to the wishing well by Cinderella's castle and told me he wanted to play a "game" and that he needed me to close my eyes and count to 100. I did (even though I felt like a big dork) and when I opened my eyes, he was gone, but there was a nice lady standing there who handed me a little card.

The card said something sweet and romantic (I can't remember now) and told me to go take a ride on the carousel. The nice lady walked with me and made sure I got on the ride, and then she disappeared. When I got off the carousel, another nice lady with a little girl came up to me and handed me another card. This one told me to go ride IASW (it was closed at the time, so I just walked over towards it) and another nice lady found me and handed me a third card, which told me to go back to the wishing well.

When I got back to the wishing well, my original "fairy godmother" was waiting for me with a card that said something about believing that a dream is a wish your heart makes and that I should meet my fiance in the rose garden. When I got to the rose garden, my fiance was waiting for me with the ring in a glass slipper he had bought. It was perfect!

Jane and her "pixies" at Gift of a Lifetime really made the whole thing very special for us. They shooed other people away from the rose garden so we had it all to ourselves, and they even took pictures with our camera of the whole proposal. They turned out great and now we have pictures of my fiance on one knee proposing with the castle in the background!

The best part is that we are going to be returning to WDW in June for our honeymoon and Jane told us that if we contact her in advance, we could be "pixies" for her if she had an event booked on a day we would be there!

I highly recommend Jane and her pixies. I know my fiance used their website, but I don't have the address...someone else here may be able to help you. Or...if you have questions, feel free to PM me!

My husband proposed to me in WDW in 1999.

He knew I loved the place but he didn't. He got familiar with the Poly from our previous trip & knew that was my favorite resort.

On the night we got there, we went out to a hammock in front of the Tahiti building & waited for the fireworks to start. He asked me right before they started. It was nice since we were all alone & it was very peaceful.

We have friends who got engaged at the fountain the the MK.

I think anywhere in the world you do get engaged will be magical.

Kerri

Just my 2 cents...I love the "Kiss Goodnight" idea!!! I walked down the aisle at the Wedding Pavilion to marry my prince to "When You Wish Upon A Star" and absolutely cannot hear the song without tearing up!!! I am getting gushy just thinking about a "Kiss Goodnight" proposal!!!

Oh, you SO have to tell us what you decide!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter