Help me find this wonderful wine!

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I fell in love with a wine I had at Chefs de France and for the life of me can't seem to track it down ( and I'm a good tracker). It's Fonset-Lacour rouge, a Barton & Guestier Bordeaux. Have tried the internet, local wine stores and yes, even called Chefs de France to see if they knew where I might get it. They were kind enough to check the wine shop in the French pavillion, to no avail. My final attempt was to call the U.S distributor for B & G out in CA. They were closed so I left a voicemail. There's at least hope. If nothing else works I'll be resigned to enjoying it at Epcot exclusively, but I figured it couldn't hurt to throw it out to the DIS super sleuths. Any ideas? Thanks.

Are you sure your wine shop can't help you? DH fell in love with a wine he tasted at German Pavillion. He bought a bottle to bring home. Once he finished the bottle he regretted that he didn't buy more. We did internet research to find a distributor but to no avail. Finally, he went to the neighborhood wineshop and asked, not expecting anything. The owner asked to see the label. A week later, he called to say he got a case. He didn't expect us to buy the whole case. DH bought 3 bottles, at cheaper price than Disney's to boot!

Good luch with your search!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who goes on wine quests. I put in a request with four shops I frequent and none were able to find it. My favorite shop really put some effort into trying to help me. Thanks for your encouragement.

I too fell in love with a wine at Coral Reef. Three different shops here at home could not find it for me. I found it on the company's website but they could not ship to my state. I was so disappointed but held on the slip of paper my server had carefully written the details on. This week, new wine shop opens, guess what? They can and have gotten me a case!!!!!!!! And, it is only $11 a bottle compared to the $6 for just a glass in Epcot! Keep trying!!!!!

MamaQuack

I am the wine buyer for a small grocery store. I have 3 suppliers and will check their product lists. I will report back on Monday.

Tammy

You've all been so helpful! A special thanks to madalex for those links to wine sites and to TammyC for checking at her store. Here's an update to my saga. The B & G distributor in CA was kind enough to call me back today. She gave me the number for one of their salesmen here in Florida. I was able to reach him late this afternoon and he seemed optimistic that he could find it for me somewhere and have it sent to my local favorite wine shop. He's supposed to get back to me tomorrow. He said the reason I've had trouble finding it is that it's one of the labels they're no longer importing due to poor sales. I told him I was surprised as it's such a good wine. He said that he thought people were unfamiliar with it and hence not enough people tried it to even know if they liked it. Of course if he can get it I'll buy a case given that it won't be around much longer. For anyone who's still following this thread, I'll for sure let you know the outcome. Cheers!

That's fantastic that you may be able to get it. We fell in love with Faithful Hound at Jiko (can't remember if it's a shiraz right now). When we came home we went on a quest to find it. No where seemed to have it. This past Christmas we found a new little wine store, and I asked if they had South African wines. Turns out the owner is a connosieur of South African wines and sure enough they had Faithful Hound. It was a great surprise for DH.

I wish I had thought to order a bottle of a pinot blanc I enjoyed at Chefs. The wine shoppe there didn't carry it, either. I hope they still have it during my June visit. I'll buy a bottle then start hunting the wine shops in Texas for it.

Congrats on finding the wine you like, Gator Kate.

Hi,
It's me, the original poster. No word yet from Mike, the wine salesman. I left him another message, but he hasn't returned my call. I'm trying not to bug him, so I'll give it a rest for a few days and give him time to hunt it down. It's been fun hearing from other wine lovers on this thread. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

You won't believe this...I came home 2 summers ago after trying CA Grill and wanted to buy a bottle of MacRosties chardonnay. (I could not afford the $75 @ WDW) So I went to our largest wine dealer store and no go. However, I ran into another customer who had JUST returned from WDW ALSO and wanted the SAME wine as well!!! Weird! I did not give up. I looked on-line, found the place in CA that makes it, and e-mailed them. I got a ph. # for a distributor in my state and found it! Now they carry it at a store called TOTAL WINE and it is less than $20 a sm. bottle - it's $7.50/glass at WDW. Don't give up your search!

(I'll still pay the price at CA Grill--it is worth it. I just won't buy the bottle.)

Hey there mrslane,
That is quite the coincidence, two Disney fans in search of the exact same wine meeting up like that. Yes, that link you provided takes you right to the description of my sought after wine. I linked from one of aboutwine.com's pages to B&G's site who gave the phone numbers for the US distributor. They're the one's who gave me the FL salesperson's #. Hopefully he's working on it for me. I imagine a case is a small order for someone who sells to liquor stores. Just need to practice my "patience" skills. Night all.

Gator Kate,

I hope you have had luck in locating your wine. I went ahead and checked my suppliers (even though you have the company working on it for you) and struck out. I thought I might need to try a bottle!

Tammy

Hi Tammy,
Nice of you to remember me and my wine quest. Here's an update. The local wine salesman that was supposed to be checking on it for me never called me back. I spoke with him 1 time, last Thursday, April 29th. I've left him 2 messages asking him to at least let me know what's up, even if he couldn't locate it. So yesterday, May4th I called the home office in CA who had given me his number and explained the situation. They said they'd work on it for me and get back in touch. We'll see. If they don't respond I'm giving up. It's getting to the point where it's not worth the hassle for a bottle of wine! I'll for sure post my outcome in case anyone's interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter