Help me find shoes for disney

I'm going in December and would like to take at most one or two pairs of shoes. I know sneakers are always good but I wouldn't mind something that is a slip-on in style instead. Any ideas for something that is more seasonable for that time of year and still would be comfortable? I don't usually get blisters but my ankles and feet swell like a dickens lol.

I can't wear sneakers, either. Tried so many and always got blisters. I tried Keens at the advice of many on here, and I :lovestruc them! They aren't the cutest, but I don't care. No blisters is way cuter than a cute pair of sandals. They have enough arch support in them that they don't make my legs hurt (anymore than they already do, due to my being out of shape!;))

Crocs without a doubt. The Patricia style is so cushy/comfy. I walked all over New York with them for a full weekend and let me tell you we walked miles and my feet/legs never ever bothered me. Good Luck with whatever you decide and enjoy your visit with the mouse.

The only issue with crocs, and I totally agree they are comfortable unless you have knee issues as the op stated.

Op, I had orthoscopic surgery on my knee and be very careful with crocs. the main issue is they don't have great support and shock absorbancy. I love my crocs at work if I'm only standing or walking short periods of time before sitting. For hours of walking with stress to your knees, tevas are great.

I'm going in December and would like to take at most one or two pairs of shoes. I know sneakers are always good but I wouldn't mind something that is a slip-on in style instead. Any ideas for something that is more seasonable for that time of year and still would be comfortable? I don't usually get blisters but my ankles and feet swell like a dickens lol.

I picked up a pair of shoes by Easy Spirit. They are mesh and look like sling back sneakers w/o laces. They can be worn with socks or without. These things are ridiculously comfortable and I wear them whenever my Keens won't do. The sling back part is elastic so swelling is not a problem. No blisters or issues with these babies, either. Very cushiony. Mine are black but I'm bringing them to WDW (in August!) as a back up for my Keens since these are so comfy.

I just returned from 16 days at WDW. I wore my Merrell sports sandals almost exclusively and despite the many, many miles of walking daily, I had neither foot pain nor blisters. I had brought my Keen Venice with me but every time I would switch to them, my feet would complain. This is a huge accomplishment because I suffer from periodic plantar fasciitis in both feet.

thanks for the advice, i have some research to do because i know nothing about any of these shoes! i can't wear crocks they hurt my knee's and just feel weird. i have heard of reef flip flops but i worry they won't be enough suport

i hate wearing sneakers any time, but especally when it's hot out.

I hate sneakers in the heat too. I'm a flip-flopper. This last trip there was rain and my feet got destryoed in the flops. Feet were sliding everywhere, blisters between toes, etc. Really wrecked several of the days for me. Bring lots of band aids in your bag! I wish I just wore sneakers.

I hate sneakers in the heat too. I'm a flip-flopper. This last trip there was rain and my feet got destryoed in the flops. Feet were sliding everywhere, blisters between toes, etc. Really wrecked several of the days for me. Bring lots of band aids in your bag! I wish I just wore sneakers.

Get yourself some athletic sandals. They keep you feet cool. And are great whether wet or dry. They will not slide when wet in the ecco's, keen's or something similar. I don't prefer keen's because I like a open toe sandal.

my personal favorites are tevas (they are like wearing mini feather mattresses - soooooo comfy, nice arch support), and fit-flops (the real thing, not generic - better arch support).
both are great for back (i've multiple herniated discs) and knee problems (which i have, including missing bone). i have not experienced a speck of pain after miles and miles and miles of walking - we normally stay at the BWVs and walk to/fro DHS a few times a day. it's wonderful coming "home" at night and feeling like your feet could go on walking even more...:)
btw, i've tried sneakers (not comfy in the heat, and since there is more material touching skin, a higher liklihood of blisters). crocs, both the regular and flip-flop styles, caused blisters within a very few hours, and my feet/knees/back felt tired and achy.
hth

We are leaving for our WDW trip in 9 weeks and I need to find some shoes really soon too.

I wore Crocs Cleo for a trip a few years ago and they were great. No foot/knee/leg pain and no blisters.

For our trip last year I bought a pair of Crocs Patricia (the style was similar to Cleo; just a little nicer) and they tore my feet up! I had terrible blisters on my insoles. I switched to my sneakers but those caused bruising on my big toenails. Ouch! It was a painful trip.

Earlier this year I ordered a new pair of Crocs Cleo but when I tried them on the material seemed harder and stiffer than my previous pair of Cleos and the straps were rubbing right where the Patricia's were rubbing so I returned them.

Did Crocs change their material?

i plan on bringing lots of bandiads, the fabric ones because they don't slide off in the heat ;-)

I live in Old Navy flip-flops too, but I just bought these for an upcoming trip to Vegas (also a LOT of walking). So far, so good...

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/zbr...sandals/PRD~423547/Nike+Comfort+FlipFlops.jsp

i saw those in the store but wasn't sure.....might have to re-look!

I live in athletic type sandals - I've had Reebok, Columbia, and Teva and liked the latter two best. These are the ones I have this summer - http://www.basspro.com/Columbia-Tec...ee-Cord/Wood-Violet/product/10219788/-1754532 They fit well, dry fast, have better support than a flip-flop but without the overheating factor of running/walking shoes in the FL heat.

yeah i can't do sneakers in the extreme heat....just can't do it!

I bought a pair of Keen Newport H2s for our first trip 3 years ago and have been living in them ever since. I picked up a pair of regular Newports and love them just as much. I have a narrow foot as well and even though the Keens look bulky they are super comfy and give your toes plenty of room to spread out. Not a rub or a blister after days on end of walking and they keep your feet really cool. The H2s are designed for getting wet but the regular Newports work out fine if they get soaked. These are my go to summer walking shoes. And I do a LOT of walking.

Make sure that, regardless of what you decide on, you test drive them significantly before your trip. Good luck!

I second this. I have terrible back problems and Dh has foot/ankle/everything else problems and these are the only shoes we take to Disney....for MANY years running. He doesnt even have to use his prescription orthotics in them, as he needs to with ALL other shoes. 6PM shoes has pretty good deals in them sometimes.

Good luck and have a great trip!!

ps - I like Clarks too. Tevas fall apart too fast, and Chacos have VERY high arch supports that hurt my feet, but DH likes them ok....not as much as his Keens though. But all probably pretty good overall - I've had them all. I didnt like my Merrells - felt about the same as my Chacos.... Long story short, it might take al ot of trying on... :)

I vote for Keens too!!! I bought a pair the day before I left for our last trip...I know not the brightest idea...I had no problems with them. I also like my Fit Flops but those do need breaking in

I love Merrell heather sandals . They are so comfortable and are on sale at cabbalas. I just ordered my 2nd pair!

You know what works miracles for my feet....skecher tone-ups! They feel wonderful when walking long periods of time. I purchased a hot pink sparkly pair only because they were on clearance for $7 at JC Penney. I thought hey $7 u can't go wrong. Now I own a brown, navy blue & (2) black pairs of the tone ups......

I love the Merrell sandals as well. They don't look quite as athletic as the Keens, but are very comfortable. Comfort is a priority for me, but cuteness is pretty equal in priority:) I can wear my Merrells with crops, shorts, or casual skirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter