Help me find a Restaurant?!?!

bblanch

Mouseketeer
I am looking for a rather encompassing restaurant for a certain night during our upcoming trip but having trouble finding one that fits.

Party involved - DH (36), DW (36), DD (11), DS (6), DD (9mnths)

So we have a wide age range. It is my wife's birthday and also our final night there.

Wife and kids are picky eaters. Meat & taters types. So I'm looking for something that is nice enough to treat my wife for birthday, but I also want it to be enjoyable for the kids. Our Disney dining history is very limited, only our last trip(1st on Dining Plan) did we venture into Table Services. We really enjoyed it. Our favorite was 'Ohana's. I think it actually fits my requirements for this night, but I've been trying and it has no availability that night or the night before!

Any other suggestions?

I am not sure when your trip is, but if O'Hana's is booked, I am guessing that Le Cellier and Coral Reef may be as well. I think Coral Reef would be a great place for your family, your kids would probably love the giant fish tank.

What about Kona? Not as kid friendly in some respects but really great steak.

50's Prime Time is basic, good food but not really a special birthday kind of place (at least to me).

I've had birthday dinners at Citricos, the Plaza and Alfredos. Since Alfredos is no longer open that's not an option! I too am a VERY picky eater and I would say out of the two that the Plaza was my favourite! The food was great (they brought me a gravy boat full of hot fudge!!!), and the staff were wonderful! They really made me feel special! They all sang and they brought me a card signed by Minnie and Mickey!:thumbsup2

Citricos was beautiful but I ate from the children's menu (on my 25th birthday!) and the staff didn't do anything special for us. Even though we requested being near the windows so we could see Wishes and that it was my birthday at the 180 day mark I was seated as far from the windows as you could get and the waiter sort of ignored us and only dropped off my cake! I wasn't wished Happy Birthday by anyone! It was good food though...DBFF loved her entree and such:rolleyes:

We LOVE ohana's so DON'T GIVE UP, KEEP TRYING, you just never know.
In the meantime, how about some "fun" at Whispering Canyon Cafe, a bit loud and more like a dinner show so that would be fun too.
You can also try for Hoop Dee Doo. Is your trip before Concourse closes, yummy food and great steak, they have those glow glasses for kids too.
GOOD LUCK!

Have you tried Crystal Palace? They should have enough choices on the buffet that your family will find something that they will like. The children will also enjoy the characters.

Coral Reef is AWESOME!! You said your family were picky eaters but my wife is the same way, and if they like seafood (as my wife does) then they will LOVE coral reef. We went in December and it was our fav. meal from the entire trip.

The large window into the aquarium will gather your children's attention as well and create an atmosphere they will enjoy and that will still be very romantic for your and your Wife's birthday.

I agree with the Coral Reef - but if your wife doesn't like seafood, how about Liberty Tree Tavern. Comfort food and good for the smaller children but still feels "special"

Grand Floridian cafe'? nice location, regular kinds of food, etc.....

I agree the atmosphere at Coral Reef is great for adults and kids. Foodwise, we have had a great meal there, and a not so great meal there.

Me and my kids love Teppan Edo for both kid-friendly and adult friendly atmosphere and food.

I love the California Grill; it is my favorite. The view is beautiful, the food is great, and we go during Wishes.

You might even try 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. It is a buffet with Prince Charming, Cinderella, the step-mother, and step-daughters. It might not be as adult, but the kids would be entertained, and food would be quick. I hear it is entertaining.

Everybody has had some great suggestions,

HEre's a few I think you would probably enjoy:
Brown Derby
San Angel Inn
Sci-Fi Dine inn if you want something fun

But if I had to reccomend one place for your whole family, a place that contains a great variety of food choices, a great environment, and overall service I would say...
Artist Pointe

I love the food, especially dessert. For the kids they have the chocolate puzzle the kids put together then paint then eat, totally awesome. Try it you won't regret it!:thumbsup2

This may be too informal, but have you tried Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge?
It's kind of a whacky place -- noisy and servers-who-tease. But food is good and pretty simple.
Wilderness Lodge is a beautiful place -- maybe your wife would enjoy a stroll around the lodge or sitting in front of the huge fireplace for her birthday.
Here are links to the dinner menu and dinner menu for kids.
Have fun whatever you choose!

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_wc.htm

http://allearsnet.com/menu/men_wcdk.htm

You might even try 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. It is a buffet with Prince Charming, Cinderella, the step-mother, and step-daughters. It might not be as adult, but the kids would be entertained, and food would be quick. I hear it is entertaining.

I second this idea! Your DW should be the princess for the day.princess: You might even get lucky with CRT for dinner. I would skip Akershus though, not the best for picky eaters.

Otherwise, I suggest Crystal Palace, Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona Cafe.

Or, you could kick it up a notch and try a signature restaurant. They are very accomodating and even though the menus sound fancy they would help you find something for your meat and potato eaters. :thumbsup2

My first thought was Ohana. But if this doesn't work out, I would agree on 1900 Park Fare. While there are some really nice restaurants out there, I think some of them might be a bit boring for the kids. Both of these should entertain all in your party.

I am looking for a rather encompassing restaurant for a certain night during our upcoming trip but having trouble finding one that fits.

It is my wife's birthday and also our final night there.

Wife and kids are picky eaters. Meat & taters types. So I'm looking for something that is nice enough to treat my wife for birthday, but I also want it to be enjoyable for the kids.

How about Biergarten in Germany at Epcot? Definitely a meat and potato menu, but with entertainment and dancing as well. Should be celebratory and memorable. Here is an excerpt from them menu posted on allears.net:

Cold Buffet Items

Gemischter Salat (Mixed Green Salad)
Tarragon-Mustard - Dressing
Krauter Dressing
Creamy Herb Dressing
Bayrischer Kraut Salat (Bavarian Cabbage Salad)
Gurken Salat (Cucumber-Dill Salad)
Rote Beete Salat (Pickled Red Beet Salad)
Nudel Salat (Macaroni Salad)
Bohnen Salat (Assorted Bean Salad)
Bayrischer Wurst Salat (Bavarian Sausage Salad)
Tomaten Salat mit Basilikum (Tomato Salad with Fresh Basil)
Kartoffel Salat (Warm German Potato Salad)
Wurst Platte mit Schinkenwurst, Landjager, und Bologna (Sausage Selection with sliced Ham Bologna, Landjager and Ring Bologna)
Senfgurken (Mustard Pickles)
Sulze mit Remouladen (Head Cheese with Sauce Remoulade)
Berliner Bouletten (Cold Meat Patties)

Soup will change with the Seasons

Cream of Potato and Leeks with Pretzel Croutons

Hot Buffet Items

Gegrilltes Brat Huhn mit Rosmary und Thymian (Rotisserie Chicken flavored with Rosemary and Thyme)
Eissbein-Gratin mit Gebackenen Zwiebeln (Pork Shank-Gratin with Fried Onions)
Gebratene Kartoffeln mit frischen Krautern (Roasted Potatoes with fresh Herbs)
Hausgemachte Spaetzle (Homemade Spaetzle)
Wurst Platte mit Gegrillter Bratwurst, Mini Regensburger und Kassler Ripchen
(Sausage Platter with Grilled Bratwurst, Mini Regensburger and Double-smoked Pork on Sauerkraut)
Frikadellen (Meat Patties in a red wine Sauce)

Weisswurst mit Senf und Pretzel Brautchen (Munich's famous white veal Sausages with Sweet Mustard and Pretzel Rolls)
Schwaebische Kaese Spaetzle mit glacierten Zwiebeln (Cheese Spatzle with glazed Onions)
Schnitzel Wiener Art (Breaded Pork Schnitzel Vienna Style)
Hausgemachtes Apfel Rotkohl

Braised Red Cabbage
Lachs Filet in Zitronen-Dill- Sahne Sauce (Salmon filet with a Lemon Dill Cream sauce Bremerhaven Style)
Glazed Carrots with Chives
Red Wine Sauce
Mushroom Sauce
Mini Frankfurters Sausages
Macaroni and Cheese

Crisp Pork Roast carved to order served with German Mustard, Apple Sauce and Apricot Compote
Freshly baked Veal Loaf carved to order with Bavarian Potato Salad

Dessert Buffet

Florentiner Cookies
Blackforest Cake
Bavarian Cheese Cake
Fresh Fruit Salad
Vanilla Pudding with Chocolate Chips
Rote Gruetze with Vanilla Sauce
Freshly Baked Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter