Help me figure ticket costs and savings

MALE*RN*777

Oh, Mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my
If I did my calculations correctly. The more tickets you buy with no expiration option the less you would save. Currently I have 3 adult and 1 junior child (3-9) tickets for 6 days with no expirations. I paid $612.38 (prices prior to Aug 1 increase). We usually only go to the parks 3 days on our 6-7 day trips and rest every other day at the pools, etc. If I figured for 2 trips at 3 ticket each. For the first trip of 3 days with no option of no expiration it would have cost roughly $769 this time for tickets and another $769+ (due to increase on the next trip. = rough $926 savings. If I were to increase what I have now to the 10 day no expiration I would only save about $30 each person if I were just to by 3 day for us all without the expiration option. A savings but not great. Did I do it right? :confused3

If I did my calculations correctly. The more tickets you buy with no expiration option the less you would save. Currently I have 3 adult and 1 junior child (3-9) tickets for 6 days with no expirations. I paid $612.38 (prices prior to Aug 1 increase). We usually only go to the parks 3 days on our 6-7 day trips and rest every other day at the pools, etc. If I figured for 2 trips at 3 ticket each. For the first trip of 3 days with no option of no expiration it would have cost roughly $769 this time for tickets and another $769+ (due to increase on the next trip. = rough $926 savings. If I were to increase what I have now to the 10 day no expiration I would only save about $30 each person if I were just to by 3 day for us all without the expiration option. A savings but not great. Did I do it right? :confused3

No-Expire is a VERY tricky proposition.

It only makes economic sense if you know exactly your future travel plans and/or you will be making multiple trips of just a few days at a time.

You got four 6-day no-expiry passes for $612.38? That's an awesome price! The gate price for those passes prior to the increase was $305/$270 (adult/child) and that's before taxes. Would you mind sharing where you found them at such a steep discount?

aka---I'm sorry I miss quoted the price reading the paper wrong. It was $324.83 each for the adults and $287.55 for the 3-9 ticket. All with taxes. Anyway, my question was the same. It just seemed like when I did the math that the more tickets we bought the amount of discount would decrease by alot due to the price of the no-expiration. Again sorry for the unbelievable first price. Duh.

Have you checked out the full current price list in Post #18 of the locked sticky, Everything About WDW Tickets? If not, print out the two pages for that post and you will have all the numbers you need in front of you. The only thing that you will need to do is add 6.5% to all results or differences to account for taxes.

And you can get to the sticky by clicking on the link in my signature.

Two 9-day non-exp's ($446. each) cost less than three 6 day NE's ($321. each). In either case you have 18 days or six 3 day vacations.

Two 10 day NE's ($482. each) cost about the same as three 6 day NE's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter