Help me figure out the best way to get a King Room at Pop!

dizziedupbaby0127

DIS Veteran
Me, Dh and our 18month old DD will be at the world Sept 9th-18th, Our package starts the 10th and we are adding a night (room only ) on the 9th since flights are cheaper! We won't arrive at MCO till about 6-630pm on friday night.

DD won't sleep in a packn' play and many times sleeps with Dh and I (No flames please):confused3 so we really want to get a king room. I DID NOT link our reservations, because I'm not sure what the best way to do this is. I thought maybe the first night we could stick it out with whatever they give us and re-check-in at 7am saturday morning and ask for a king room and let them know we are willing to wait for it, we plan on hitting MK in the AM anyways.

Or should I just link the resservations and request a king on both so we might not have to change rooms in the AM? and then ask to change rooms if they can't accommidate us?

Oh and we are booked preferred, Thanks!:thumbsup2

I hate to break it to you but you simply cannot. :sad2:

My DH is 6'7'' and does not fit in a full bed so I tried my hardest to get a King as well and there was no way of doing it.

I heard a rumor that you could pay $15 extra to reserve it but it turned out not to be true.

Those rooms are given out on a first come first serve basis and to handicapped.

So all I can tell you is to request it in your reservation and when you get there explain the need and hopefully they have one open!

Good Luck! :guilty:

We've only stayed at Pop once and requested a king bed, and then requested it again when we got there and our request was granted, but it's all on a first come first served basis

How do you request these things?
There didn't seem to be anything in the "request" section other than refrigerator and something else (not bed-related) when I booked...

My DH is 6'7'' and does not fit in a full bed so I tried my hardest to get a King as well and there was no way of doing it.

I heard a rumor that you could pay $15 extra to reserve it but it turned out not to be true.

So all I can tell you is to request it in your reservation and when you get there explain the need and hopefully they have one open!

I am aware it is First come first serve and at Pop there are NON-handicapped rooms. I was hoping that by checking-in at 7am this would increase our chances of getting a king room, IE be the FIRST in the First come first serve.

We've only stayed at Pop once and requested a king bed, and then requested it again when we got there and our request was granted, but it's all on a first come first served basis

How do you request these things?
There didn't seem to be anything in the "request" section other than refrigerator and something else (not bed-related) when I booked...
You call the reservation number and have them add it to reservation! you can request things like certain buildings, or ground floor, we used to request Top floor, or near busses and such!

On our last trip we did not get the king on our first night, but we let them know it was a priority to us and that we were willing to move when a king became available. The next day we got a call and were able to move for our next thirteen nights. We also have a little one and all sleep together to start the night and then she gets transferred to her pack an play.

No flames here!

Just let them know you are very interested and you will get the next opening. We happened to get a wheelchair compliant room, I loved the big shower with a bench. The light switches were lower so our little one was entertained a lot by turning the lights on and off. On the plus side the hooks and a hanging bar were low so she could hang things up on her own.

Nope, not necessarily true. I booked a room at POP a year or so ago. When I booked it, about 4 months in advance, I was asked if I would like a king bed room. I said sure, if there was one available. And that's exactly what I got.
So....put in a request for it. If you get one, terrific. There are no guarantees, but you should always request what you want.

I thought I read somewhere that they would not give those king rooms to people with children just parties of 2. I'm sure if I am wrong someone will be along to clarify this but I would not get your hopes up. Have a great trip!:dance3:

I thought I read somewhere that they would not give those king rooms to people with children just parties of 2. I'm sure if I am wrong someone will be along to clarify this but I would not get your hopes up. Have a great trip!:dance3:

Until the OP's child turns 3, she would still be eligible to stay in a king room. Occupancy of those is 2 + infant.

On our last trip we did not get the king on our first night, but we let them know it was a priority to us and that we were willing to move when a king became available. The next day we got a call and were able to move for our next thirteen nights. We also have a little one and all sleep together to start the night and then she gets transferred to her pack an play.

No flames here!

Just let them know you are very interested and you will get the next opening. We happened to get a wheelchair compliant room, I loved the big shower with a bench. The light switches were lower so our little one was entertained a lot by turning the lights on and off. On the plus side the hooks and a hanging bar were low so she could hang things up on her own.

Thanks! Thats exactly what we plan on doing! and we do at home normally, but some nights she just won't let us put her in her crib (she's a VERY light sleeper)! I actually don't want an accessible room, I think a tub is better, but if it means being able to sleep at night I'll deal :rotfl2: Now I'm considering seeing if we can cancle the room only and just add the night onto our package...:cool1:

As long as the child is under 3! you can get a king room, if they are older then 3 you can't.

I'll be hoping for a king size bed at CR since we cosleep every night and most naps. No flames from me!! If you don't get it, could you put your daughter to sleep by laying next to her in the 2nd bed, then stack pillows around her and move to the other bed?

Lights Out I LOVE the artwork in your siggie!! Who's the artist/where did you get that?

I'll be hoping for a king size bed at CR since we cosleep every night and most naps. No flames from me!! If you don't get it, could you put your daughter to sleep by laying next to her in the 2nd bed, then stack pillows around her and move to the other bed?

Much to my dismay pop has double beds its a pain for even dh and I but if it came down to it we could try to get bedrails but dd is a wiggle wort and I don't think pillows will cut it! Goodluck on getting ur king! :)

OP jik reserve a pack n play in case u wind up with doubles (even if it's until you can segue into a king perhaps later in the trip).

After a long day @ disney most kids are so exhausted by the end of the day they can sleep standing up;), it might work out better than you expect.

We requested one for our HM, both on the phone and when we arrived. We were so excited until we saw the bathroom. It was an accessible shower and not what we were hoping for, so we ran out to get some flip flops. Just be prepared either way.

We requested one for our HM, both on the phone and when we arrived. We were so excited until we saw the bathroom. It was an accessible shower and not what we were hoping for, so we ran out to get some flip flops. Just be prepared either way.

I don't understand this. The accessible showers don't have a bathtub, correct? More of a walk-in type large shower? What does that have to do with getting flip flops?

Me, Dh and our 18month old DD will be at the world Sept 9th-18th, Our package starts the 10th and we are adding a night (room only ) on the 9th since flights are cheaper! We won't arrive at MCO till about 6-630pm on friday night.

DD won't sleep in a packn' play and many times sleeps with Dh and I (No flames please):confused3 so we really want to get a king room. I DID NOT link our reservations, because I'm not sure what the best way to do this is. I thought maybe the first night we could stick it out with whatever they give us and re-check-in at 7am saturday morning and ask for a king room and let them know we are willing to wait for it, we plan on hitting MK in the AM anyways.

Or should I just link the resservations and request a king on both so we might not have to change rooms in the AM? and then ask to change rooms if they can't accommidate us?

Oh and we are booked preferred, Thanks!:thumbsup2

When you call in to the reservation center specifically ask that a king bed request be listed as a "coded comment" in your "accomodations remarks". This is an automated way to let the new front desk computer systems see the request first. This system blocks your room in a temporary manner 144 - 72 hours prior to your arrival. Once you check in the front desk cast member will lock it in so be sure to mention the request once more (don't bite the hand that feeds) and they may be able to go the extra mile for you. The handicap rooms really are left for a last resort to ensure if in the need comes they are available since there are so few.

Keep in mind that since your actual room location is actually floating until you check in it would be a safe idea to check in as soon as you are on property. If the room is ready early- its your's! If not yet- We'll text you a room number or leave a voicemail on your cell phone when the room is ready. We'll even hold your luggage so you can run about. :dance3:

I don't understand this. The accessible showers don't have a bathtub, correct? More of a walk-in type large shower? What does that have to do with getting flip flops?

The whole room including the toilet area gets really wet, so not only is it slippery, it's not the most hygenic.

The whole room including the toilet area gets really wet, so not only is it slippery, it's not the most hygenic.

roll up a few towels (ala a jelly roll;)) and make a barrier

mousekeeping will provide extra towels upon request, just mention you feel it's a safety issue.

When you call in to the reservation center specifically ask that a king bed request be listed as a "coded comment" in your "accomodations remarks". This is an automated way to let the new front desk computer systems see the request first. This system blocks your room in a temporary manner 144 - 72 hours prior to your arrival. Once you check in the front desk cast member will lock it in so be sure to mention the request once more (don't bite the hand that feeds) and they may be able to go the extra mile for you. The handicap rooms really are left for a last resort to ensure if in the need comes they are available since there are so few.

Keep in mind that since your actual room location is actually floating until you check in it would be a safe idea to check in as soon as you are on property. If the room is ready early- its your's! If not yet- We'll text you a room number or leave a voicemail on your cell phone when the room is ready. We'll even hold your luggage so you can run about. :dance3:

Interesting about the "coded comment" I will call and ask that! I was worried about the NEW SYSTEM! Thanks for the suggestion! Should I do online check-in?

roll up a few towels (ala a jelly roll;)) and make a barrier

mousekeeping will provide extra towels upon request, just mention you feel it's a safety issue.

I like the towel roll idea! Good back-up idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter