Help me eliminate some ADR's!

Samsma

DIS Veteran
Hi! The way I figure it I'll be spending $500 on a 4 day trip. We have annual passes so I don't really want to add on the dining plan. Right now we have:

Fri. evening - Prime Time Diner

Sat. Crystal Palace Breakfast
1900 Park Fare Dinner

Sun. Boma Breakfast
Chef Mickey's Dinner

Mon. Cape May Dinner

I need to cut 1 or 2 and still show my sister who has never been a good time. What would you do?

Just my personal opinion here, but I would cut the Cape May dinner. DBF and I ate there for the first time during our September trip and weren't very impressed at all. Yes, the food was decent; however, it is a very unorganized buffet, and by that, I mean the lines of people. It is setup in a square, but people just jump in and out of sides wherever they can fit. Also, if you would be going for the clams, you might prepare for some disappointment. DBF got a plateful, and I mean PLATE FULL of clams and when he brought it back to the table to eat, over 50% of them were just empty shells. It's mediocre at best, for me.

I have eaten at Boma for dinner - it was great.

50's PT, Crystal Palace - wonderful.

Have not tried 1900 PF, but would try it over Cape May again any day.

And, I've heard great things about Chef Mickey's.

Hope this helps! Have fun whatever you decide!

Cape May did nothing for our group... yet many like it.

50's Prime Time is fun with the right waitress/waiter...

Have you considered Whispering Canyon Cafe?... it's fun too.

Have a Great Trip,

Mark

I would get rid of Chef Mickeys dinner, the food is blech!

And I cannot believe that I am saying this because it was DH and I favorite dinner place but Cape May Clam Bake. The last 2 times we went is was nothing to write home about...the food is cold and dried out...the first few times we went it was to die for but then it kinda fell of the yummy chart.

Thanks! I was thinking maybe Cape May, but my kids love it. My DD9 is a real clam freak! We just switched to WL from the Poly since AP rates didn't work out very well. I think I saved enough there to pay for most of our food!

1900 Park Fare Dinner

Sun. Boma Breakfast
Chef Mickey's Dinner

Mon. Cape May Dinner

We had 1900 Park Fare on our upcoming itinerary - and cancelled it after reading so many really awful reviews of it since it's re-opened recently. We put in Kona Cafe (in the Polynesian) in its place since we've been hard pressed to find a bad review of it. IMHO - Boma is great, CP one of our favorites, Prime Time was just OK for us. Have a magical trip!pixiedust:

1900 Park Fare Dinner

Sun. Boma Breakfast
Chef Mickey's Dinner

Mon. Cape May Dinner

We had 1900 Park Fare on our upcoming itinerary - and cancelled it after reading so many really awful reviews of it since it's re-opened recently. We put in Kona Cafe (in the Polynesian) in its place since we've been hard pressed to find a bad review of it. IMHO - Boma is great, CP one of our favorites, Prime Time was just OK for us. Have a magical trip!pixiedust:

Personally I would skip Chef Mickey's out of all of those. I've been for dinner several times (to give it a chance and because I was outvoted ;)) and I really don't care for the food or atmosphere at all. Very loud and the food was mediocre.

I'd get rid of Cape May and/or Chef Mickey's.

We actually enjoyed the buffet for dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

I would drop Chef Mickey's and leave that evening flexible. Food was ugh, the service terrible, the character interaction was minimal and just was a chaotic atmosphere. I would rather just save my money and eat counter service for what we got there.

I suggest deciding based on your park touring plans. Is one time more convenient than the other? (Especially considering travel time?)

I personally wouldn't do two buffets on the same day, so I might drop two ADRs, but YMMV.

No one mentioned Crystal Palace. We had lunch there in 2006 and thought it was decent, but decided against visting our last visit. Small selection and the buffet far far away from the table. The resturant itself was beautiful though.

I would cut your last meal at Cape. The next thing I would cut would be bfast at Boma. Those are reg meals, nothing special, so you could do without those without effecting your vacation much.

I would ditch 1900 Park Fare...we did this in March for dinner and we were not very impressed with the experience. The breakfast we did in March '06 was great...but the dinner was awful. We won't be going back.
We have also decided to pass on Chef Mickey this upcoming trip. We did it in both March '06 and '07 and we have decided to "retire" it for a few trips. The food just isn't all that great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter