Help me Decide!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Dizznee Freak, May 7, 2013.

1. Dizznee Freak

Dizznee Freak Mouseketeer

I am in the planning stages of our next trip. I am torn between the Villas at Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk Villas. Can anyone share pics and opinions on either to help me make this decision.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. partypa

partypa Mouseketeer

The Boardwalk Villas are nice, we really LIKE them
    But
    We absolutely LOVE the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge

4. eadavis

eadavis Mickey is my Homeboy

Pros:
    Boardwalk - much newer, transportation options are a lot better as its kind of central to the entire property, walking distance to Epcot.

Wilderness Lodge - Great Decor, close to MK. Can give you that "in the middle of nowhere" feeling. The main lobby is beautiful.

Cons:
    Depending on what your view is at the Boardwalk, you may have to deal with noise if you are facing the water because of all the shops and restaurants below. Everything starts shutting down at 10 but you still have wandering groups of people.

If you are at Wilderness Lodge, you'll have to deal with noise as well, from the MK fireworks. If you are up late it wont bother you, but if you have an early morning, it could be an issue.

5. Dizznee Freak

Thanks for the responses so far. I can see that I am not alone in having a hard deciding

6. rteetz

rteetz DIS Veteran

The boardwalk villas are great and there is a lot to do right there only a walk away from Epcot and a boat ride to DHS.
    The wilderness lodge villas are close to MK and are amazingly themed.
    If I were you I would pick boardwalk but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

7. Dizznee Freak

Yeah, I am leaning towards to BWV but was just making sure I was not missing something at VWL. My kids like to be in the middle of it all if you know what I mean.

8. Dizznee Freak

Can anyone share more recent pictures of BWV and VWL.

9. pmaurer74

pmaurer74 DIS Veteran

It depends upon the theming and location you like. Why not a split stay? we have been doing this lately. We LOVE WLV but we are trying BC this time and will decide which DVC we are looking at after that.

Try allears.net for photos and go to the resort photos board or the the resort specific links on this board for more photos. You can also look at YouTube for videos