Help me decide!

Sparrow624

"I wash my hands of this weirdness"
So, DW and I have narrowed our late June 2013 trip options down to the following. Having a really tough time deciding. The trip will be Myself, DW, and DD (15 months). We are going back to the GF when DD is 4, so this is our "tide us over" trip until then. Anyways, here are the options:

Wilderness Lodge: Courtyard View: 4 nights/5 days. 2 day park tickets. Spend 1 day at DTD. Spend 1 day relaxing at the resort.

AKL: Savannah View: 4 nights/5 days. 1 or 2 day park tickets. Spend 2 days at DTD. Spend 1 or 2 days relaxing at the resort.

Boardwalk: Water View: 3 nights/4 days. 2 day park tickets. Spend day relaxing at the resort. Spend 1 day (probably before we leave) at DTD.

Yacht Club: Water View: 3 nights/4 days. 2 day park tickets. Spend 1 day relaxing at the resort. Spend 1 day (probably before we leave) at DTD.

Notes:

- We have ruled out GF, Contemp, and POLY. I know this sounds silly, but we cannot afford a TP view this year at either resort and without it, don't want to stay there. Again, seems silly, but we literally spend hours at night on the balcony relaxing.

- If we stay at WL, we will probably spend our park days at MK and Epcot. Monorail makes a 1 month with a stroller easier.
- If we stay at BW or YC, we will probably spend our park days at Epcot and HS. Again, we could leisurely walk with the stroller or take the boat.

- We are not opposed to the moderates, but ruled them out due to bus only transportation which we don't want to deal with, with a 15 month old. They also don't have the balcony that we like. This is why if we stay at AKL, we will probably stay at the resort most of the time or drive ourselves to the parks (carseat) and the same when we head to DTD the last day and maybe another. We are only considering AKL because it looks relaxing and DD might enjoy watching the animals.

Thoughts?

I'd do the WL. It's relaxing and has pretty easy transportation. It's probably cheaper than the other options as well

I loved WL. It was beautiful, quiet, and peaceful. We stayed when my boys were 2 & 4, and I had a double stroller to deal with. I found the boat transportation so easy. I would stay there again in a heartbeat, but now the boys favorite part of a Disney vacation is SAB.

WL!!!! Your 15month old will love the boat ride to Magic Kingdom, walking the path to Fort Wilderness on your resort day and the geyser is cool too! The lobby is beautiful with a little bridge over a stream that leads outside to the pool. We found the boat transportation very easy and reliable. Plus all the rooms have just been refurbished!

My choice would be WL :). We've stayed at AKL and while the resort is great, we love the MK area and having the boat transportation to MK is great. On our 2nd WL stay we had a courtyard view and had a great view of the main pool, which we loved ;). You really can't go wrong with any of the choices, but I think WL would be the best fit as far as transportation to the parks and resort time :goodvibes.

I would choose BWI or YC. I have stayed at all of the resorts you mentioned and for ease of getting to two parks, plus a variety of dining and entertainment choices, the EP resorts just can't be beat. AKL is fantastic if you don't want to go to the parks. But if you don't plan on going anywhere, you only have a few restaurants to choose from. WL is too isolated in my opinion. You have a boat ride or a bus to get you anywhere and even less dining options. With BWI or YC you simply walk out of your resort with your stroller and have EP, the Boardwalk and DHS at your fingertips. We typically do split stays between MK (monorail) and EP resorts so we can cover just about everything. If you don't want to stay on the monorail and you are taking a short trip, EP resort is the way to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!