Help me decide!

pinkmiss3

Mouseketeer
Hey guys! I have a question and I would really appreciate everyone’s opinion. Everyone knows about the construction that is going on, it doesn’t bother me but it is really making me re-think the whole carriage situation. This is something that is pricy and I have had my heart set on it but I am leaning more toward getting rid of it. I just don’t want to regret it later. DF and I were talking this morning and we came up with 3 options, let me know what you guys would choose.

1-Drop the carriage; add Mickey and Minnie and the cool yogurt in the martini glasses to our menu.
2-Drop the carriage, buy the disk from our MK shoot and use the extra money for our honeymoon.
3-Keep the carriage.
Thanks!

i'm torn between 1 and 2.

i'd have to go with 1 :) ((and pray i get money for the honeymoon :laughing:))

I vote drop the carriage. You have to think about what you really want and what you may regret first tho! Its your wedding and you shouldnt have any regrets.
I absolutely love the carriage and if i won the lottery i would def add it! I want it but i know I wont regret not having it and chose to allocate that money somewhere else! Because I'd be silly to think I'd save it, haha!
My reasoning is that it is a lot of money to drop for 15 min. Although your photographer will snap a billion pics of it and of you and DF and whoever else in it, how many carriage pics will you frame later? $2700 for 15 min and a few pics is much for me personally. I much preferred to add it other places, the menu, my honeymoon hotel, the characters, the uplighting, a more elaborate cake!
You have to do think about what you want and if you need the carriage to make your day the most perfect and magical day then DO IT! If not, its a big chunk to cut! :)
hth! Just my own opinion!

Hmmm. Can I pick a mixture of one and two? How about drop the carriage, have Mickey and Minnie, but no yogurt thingies and use the rest of the money (which is still over $1,000!) for the honeymoon.

I'm in the same dilema. I have had my heart set on the carriage for 9 years now. I saw a bride get in the carriage when I was 13, I turned to my mom with a big smile on my face and told my mom, "I'm going to get married here". My husband loves the carriage idea too. however, I too am trying to figure out if it is worth the money. When I brought it up to my mom she said "You've had your heart set on this. It's one of the biggest reasons why you chose Disney". She is right.

As time progresses I'm keeping my eye on construction. I'm gonna e-mail my planner and ask if I can meet with her and her drive me down the exact route the carriage will be going down. hopefully my husband and I will come up with an decision soon.

I think I'm going to be in the minority here, but I am having the carriage at our wedding in 2 months and I am not at all worried about it, nor am I any less excited about it than I was a few months ago. I honestly do not believe a different route will make any difference. When I think of the carriage, I think of how excited I'll be when it pulls up, how magical it will feel to step into it, how I can't wait to look my 6-year-old cousin in the eyes and tell her that it's for us. And when I'm sitting in a glass coach, with my loved ones, being pulled by six ponies, I'm not going to notice if we're traveling on a road or a sidewalk. I think you have to decide if the path changes the essence of the experience for you. But if you've dreamed of this, really think it out before you give it up!

I think I'm going to be in the minority here, but I am having the carriage at our wedding in 2 months and I am not at all worried about it, nor am I any less excited about it than I was a few months ago. I honestly do not believe a different route will make any difference. When I think of the carriage, I think of how excited I'll be when it pulls up, how magical it will feel to step into it, how I can't wait to look my 6-year-old cousin in the eyes and tell her that it's for us. And when I'm sitting in a glass coach, with my loved ones, being pulled by six ponies, I'm not going to notice if we're traveling on a road or a sidewalk. I think you have to decide if the path changes the essence of the experience for you. But if you've dreamed of this, really think it out before you give it up!

Very well put. I think that just reminded me of how excited I am. :goodvibes

I would vote for 1 or 2, but I have made no secret on the boards that I am not a fan of the carriage, so I may be a little biased!!
I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because horse and carriages are fairly commonplace for weddings in the UK, and I see nothing particularly remarkable about it (especially for the price they are charging). Or maybe it's because (and I hate to say it) I now associate the Cinderella type carriage with that dreadful gypsy wedding programme recently on TV!!! Because so many brides on there had very similar carriages, I think the whole idea has been tainted for me!! There, I've said it!!! Please don't flame me as this is just my opinion!!!
Having said all that, if it is something that you have your heart set on and feel you will regret cutting, I say go for it. Every bride should have what she wants on her special day!!!

I guess I am a part of the minority as well! I have been dreaming of being able to pull up to my wedding in Cinderella's carriage since I can remember. I guess for me it's the symbolism of riding to the ceremony with my dad, who was my prince when I was a little girl, and leaving the ceremony in it with my prince charming. In my opinion, if you budgeted for the carriage to begin with, it's obviously very important to you. I couldn't agree more with the post above, I look at it as a truly magical experience you won't be able to get anywhere else!

i'm torn between 1 and 2.

i'd have to go with 1 :) ((and pray i get money for the honeymoon :laughing:))

:rotfl2: lol! That is what I am hoping for! We are doing the honeymoon registry, but I dunno if anyone will go for it.

I vote drop the carriage. You have to think about what you really want and what you may regret first tho! Its your wedding and you shouldnt have any regrets.
I absolutely love the carriage and if i won the lottery i would def add it! I want it but i know I wont regret not having it and chose to allocate that money somewhere else! Because I'd be silly to think I'd save it, haha!
My reasoning is that it is a lot of money to drop for 15 min. Although your photographer will snap a billion pics of it and of you and DF and whoever else in it, how many carriage pics will you frame later? $2700 for 15 min and a few pics is much for me personally. I much preferred to add it other places, the menu, my honeymoon hotel, the characters, the uplighting, a more elaborate cake!
You have to do think about what you want and if you need the carriage to make your day the most perfect and magical day then DO IT! If not, its a big chunk to cut! :)
hth! Just my own opinion!

Thank you so much for responding and I appreciate your opinion. I really want it but you are right about the money for the time frame. The price went up! After October its $2850! You make alot of good points, especially about the pics. We are already having more then what we could have ever asked for so even if we drop it we will still be happy.

Hmmm. Can I pick a mixture of one and two? How about drop the carriage, have Mickey and Minnie, but no yogurt thingies and use the rest of the money (which is still over $1,000!) for the honeymoon.

That works! :thumbsup2 We already have a full menu, I just thought that yogurt thing was so pretty!

I'm in the same dilema. I have had my heart set on the carriage for 9 years now. I saw a bride get in the carriage when I was 13, I turned to my mom with a big smile on my face and told my mom, "I'm going to get married here". My husband loves the carriage idea too. however, I too am trying to figure out if it is worth the money. When I brought it up to my mom she said "You've had your heart set on this. It's one of the biggest reasons why you chose Disney". She is right.

As time progresses I'm keeping my eye on construction. I'm gonna e-mail my planner and ask if I can meet with her and her drive me down the exact route the carriage will be going down. hopefully my husband and I will come up with an decision soon.

:sad2: I know how you feel. DF wants it also, and he told me the exact same thing that your mom told you. If you do go with your planning on the carriage route let me know what you thought of it. Maybe I will wait to see what you have to say about it before I drop it.

I really want it for the same reasons that you do. I know it will be exciting to be in it and it will make the day feel even more magical. I just don't want everything along the way to look ugly. Thank you so much for your opinion. It really reminded me of that special feeling it gave me. I will definitely think about it before I give it up. :goodvibes

I would vote for 1 or 2, but I have made no secret on the boards that I am not a fan of the carriage, so I may be a little biased!!
I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because horse and carriages are fairly commonplace for weddings in the UK, and I see nothing particularly remarkable about it (especially for the price they are charging). Or maybe it's because (and I hate to say it) I now associate the Cinderella type carriage with that dreadful gypsy wedding programme recently on TV!!! Because so many brides on there had very similar carriages, I think the whole idea has been tainted for me!! There, I've said it!!! Please don't flame ma as this is just my opinion!!!
Having said all that, if it is something that you have your heart set on and feel you will regret cutting, I say go for it. Every bride should have what she wants on her special day!!!

LOL about the gypsy show!!! When I saw that show I kinda thought am I going to look that crazy on my wedding day.

DF called me from work and I read him the responses. He felt like everyone made really good points. He could only talk for like 10min I told him to think about everything and we would talk some more when he goes on his lunch. I will keep you guys updated.

I had the carriage because when I first started talking about getting married, my Dad was the one who brought it up and had his heart set on it as much as I did! He wanted to ride with his "princess" to her wedding. And I don't regret spending the money on it at all. I will be honest with you. I don't remember too much about the ride. I remember getting on it at GF with my dad and them taking pictures there. I remember a little bit about driving on a sidewalk and thinking how funny it was that a manager was walking in front of the ponies. I remember getting out of the carriage with my dad and walking the long bridge to the WP. Then I remember the staged exit to the carriage, riding around the parking lot and having all of our family and friends wave and look in awe, and then taking a bunch more pictures. I don't really remember the ride back over to the GF that much. But even if my wedding were in a couple of months, with all the construction going on, I wouldn't hesitate to ride in it again. I loved it!

The carriage was one of the best bits of my wedding day and I don't think the route would have made a difference to me.

I think since you've already had your heart set on the carriage and you've already worked it into the budget that you should stick to it. It is a lot of money for a short time but I'm sure it's such a once in a life time experience kind of thing. I think if it wasn't already a possibility you might be able to drop it without regret, but you've already invisioned your day and if your DF supports it, I'd go for it.

On the other hand if the new route is worrying you, I'd kind of weigh the pros and cons of why. Is it because it will be shorter? Less Private? if none of the new conditions really discourage you that much, then you have your answer. HTH, Good Luck with your decision!

We have decided to drop the carriage. We both thought about it for the past week and came up with this decision. I really wanted it but I do not feel sad now that its gone. If the construction were not taking place we would have kept it. It doesn't make sense to us to spend a large sum of money to go a different way, thats shorter, and not as pretty.We already had a limo in our BEO and I am just going to use that. I did make the request for a black one, hopefully we get it! Since we dropped the carriage we added Mickey and Minnie!!!!!! I am really excited about this. I think it will be fun for our guests. We also have some extra cash that we weren't expecting to have, and thats always nice!!!!!
I also just wanted to tell all of you guys thank you for responding and giving your opinions, they were a great help!! :goodvibes

Melissa sweetie - I am sorry you have had to make these tough decisions, but IMHO M and M will be much more fun and make for really pretty pictures!!

Melissa sweetie - I am sorry you have had to make these tough decisions, but IMHO M and M will be much more fun and make for really pretty pictures!!

Thank you so much for the kind words and also for the honest advice! :goodvibes By the way I LOVED your wedding!

I might be completely remembering this wrong, and I have no idea how near to Disney you actually are, but I think they bring out the carriage for MNSSHP for people to pose with. If it really just a matter of wanting a few nice snaps with the carriage, you may have another opportunity at some point to do just that, and dressed up in costume even, if you wanted. This may not even be near to what you were thinking of, but it is just one more thing to think about that means you'd not be giving up your chance at it forever. I hope that helps a little.

I might be completely remembering this wrong, and I have no idea how near to Disney you actually are, but I think they bring out the carriage for MNSSHP for people to pose with. If it really just a matter of wanting a few nice snaps with the carriage, you may have another opportunity at some point to do just that, and dressed up in costume even, if you wanted. This may not even be near to what you were thinking of, but it is just one more thing to think about that means you'd not be giving up your chance at it forever. I hope that helps a little.

Thank you so much for this info. We don't live close but we are planning to go back in October of 2012 because our annual passes will still be vaild. If we go I will look into this. Thanks!

I think you made the right choice! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :) I really feel like we made the right choice also!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter