• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide

What should we do?

• Go to MNSSHP, with free dining, at pop

• Go to P & PP, without free dining, at townhome with pool and 3 bdrms

Results are only viewable after voting.

nuts4wdw

Have a disney day!!!
Ok, disfriends, help me! I currently have a free dining bounceback reservation booked for the first week in Oct. and plan on attending the MNSSHP. My dh and I went last year solo to the party, so we have reserved a room at Pop Century for us and our 3 sons (will be 8, 6 and 2). We will get free dining and the kids will only miss 3 days of school due to a teacher inservice. Here’s the dilemma. I’ve been contacted by a friend that we can go in mid April, stay at there Windsor Hills Townhouse, go to the pirate and princess party, and get one last trip in on my dh’s annual pass. So, what should we do? If we go in Oct. it is free dining, and the MNSSHP. If we go in April, we get a 3 bedroom 3 bath house with pool, and the pirate and princess party. I’m worried about all 5 of us in a small hotel room, but love the party and free food!!!! My boys aren’t big eaters, yet. I’ve never been to the Pirate and Princess party, how does it compare? The cost is the same, either way. What would you do? This is cross posted, so I can get a lot of different views.
P&PP pros and cons:
Pros- 3 bd townhouse with pool, car rental, pirate party, flower and garden festival, better weather,
Cons- boys have to miss a week of school, no mnsshp, no free dining,

MNSSHP pros and cons:
Pros- Free dining, onsite, the party, boys only miss 3 days of school
Cons- Hurricanes ?!?, Hot, cramped in one room,

I voted for the April trip, but then wasn't sure if you would have to pay anything for the Windsor Hills townhouse. If you don't then I'm keeping my vote the same. I think free lodging outweights free dining hands down. I also think that MNSSHP and PP&P are two events that simular enough that one would be just as good as the other.

Onsite always gets my vote, BUT......

this time I'm going with offsite. I vote for the April trip because it is sooner. You never know what could happen between now & the fall trip that might cause you to cancel that trip. Then you would be saying (or crying :sad1: ), "Why oh why didn't we go in April? We should've gone then!"

I'm a big fan of MNSSHP... I took my parents for their first trip during it and they loved it(its called reverse psychology... I convinced my wife we had to take my parents, knowing she would want to take her parents... ergo, I got two extra trips because after I exposed the wife, she realized the magic, too and wanted to share it like I had with her). If it can keep my parents entertained, it has to be awesome.

I think its a good idea for Oct... but I have never stayed on park (solidly working class... and use off park travel points to stay in the hotel for free, so... yeah!).

In the end, do what makes you happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter