• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide which long house at POLY...please!

Pirate at Heart

<font color=teal>do you have to wear the wet suits
Hey,

We are headed to the Poly in October and I just can't seem to decide which is the best long house for my family.
We have booked a garden view room. I would love a balcony and a double sink would be great! Something near the GCH would be good too but I don't want to be facing the monorail or parking lot. My kids absolutly love the pool but I wouldn't say we need to be right next to it, in fact I'm afraid it might be to loud.

Any help you can offer would be GREAT!
Thanks!!!!

pirate:

I know your "pain"...I had the same problem deciding on a longhouse request for our first trip this past Feb. Based on the tip from a TA, we chose and received Samoa. And I'm so glad we did! Our garden view room looked out on the lagoon and the GF...I think we were upgraded, don't you?!? It was a good location too, with not that far to go to the GCH. I've honestly forgotten whether or not we had 1 or 2 sinks tho!!

I really liked our room in Tokelau. It was only a few minutes walk to the GCH, bus stop, boat dock, and volcano pool. The quiet pool was right outside our door. It was only a seven minute walk to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot. I don't know if they are still classified as Garden view rooms, but we lucked out and had one of the garden view rooms that had a partial view of the lagoon and the GF.

IMG_0786.jpg

A short walk to the GCH. and to the pool, this is a garden view and can see the wedding paviolion and the lagoon;)

We just got back Tuesday after a stay at the Poly. We were in Tokelau on the quiet pool side down on the lagoon end. We loved the location. It was only two minutes to the GCH and volcano pool. We thought it was private and quiet. We had requested a patio and it worked out well with a 2yr old and 4 yr old. The view was nice--gardens, lagoon and GF. We only had to take 10 steps off our patio to see the castle and fireworks.

Hey Superbird,

Great picture! Do you recall which longhouse it was?

pirate:

We just got back Tuesday after a stay at the Poly. We were in Tokelau on the quiet pool side down on the lagoon end. We loved the location. It was only two minutes to the GCH and volcano pool. We thought it was private and quiet. We had requested a patio and it worked out well with a 2yr old and 4 yr old. The view was nice--gardens, lagoon and GF. We only had to take 10 steps off our patio to see the castle and fireworks.

Hey jnshakun,

Sounds like you had a magical time!! Did you put in a request before you went or did you just luck out?? Did you have two sinks???

thanks

pirate:

Hey Superbird,

Great picture! Do you recall which longhouse it was?

pirate:

Sorry!It was fiji,I can't remember the room # it was on the second floor!We woke up each morning with the "Ling" family(5 little ducklings)right outside our sliders.Also there is a swing set and hamocks on the beach.Will request same buliding again.:cool2:

Superbird - what longhouse were you in and do you remember the room #.

Sorry I don't remember the room # but it was on the second floor in the fiji buliding.Also at night we would leave the sliders open and listened to the luau that is right at the end of the path.

Fiji 2nd floor doesn't have a balcony, did this intervere with views or do you think a balcony request would be better. We do have 2 little ones and I am a little leary of them on the balconies, so maybe this would be a better option. Love the view!

We stayed at Rapa Nui last year (second floor) and my DW requested it again this year for our 8-night visit this month. Closer to the TTC and we faced the parking lot but it was very quiet. The rooms were newly refurbed last year and were absolutely wonderful. Maybe not as great a view but close to the TTC, which was important to us.

Have a great trip.

Fiji 2nd floor doesn't have a balcony, did this intervere with views or do you think a balcony request would be better. We do have 2 little ones and I am a little leary of them on the balconies, so maybe this would be a better option. Love the view!

1st floors have doors that open to the grass right outside your room. Second floor had doors that open to see out(like the view in our picture, no obstructions, saw the monorail pass every few minutes, the WP, lagoon, great room)3rd floor had the balconies which we did not see but we had little ones at the time and did not want to chance it. Stayed at WL last time with balcony and loved them. Good luck:goodvibes

We were in Room 1302 on the first floor of Fiji. Just outside of our door was a beautiful lawn, and then the beach, with the Wedding Pavilion and Grand Floridian in the distance.

One of my favorite memories from that trip was drinking a nice glass (or two) of red wine outside the room after a great dinner at Ohana, and listening to the sounds from the Luau just down the path. A perfect vacation moment!

Viewfrom1302.jpg

We were in Room 1302 on the first floor of Fiji. Just outside of our door was a beautiful lawn, and then the beach, with the Wedding Pavilion and Grand Floridian in the distance.

One of my favorite memories from that trip was drinking a nice glass (or two) of red wine outside the room after a great dinner at Ohana, and listening to the sounds from the Luau just down the path. A perfect vacation moment!

Viewfrom1302.jpg

Hey,

That really does sound nice!! Was your room garden view?

Thanks

pirate:

Hey jnshakun,

Sounds like you had a magical time!! Did you put in a request before you went or did you just luck out?? Did you have two sinks???

thanks

pirate:

I requested a patio on the quiet pool side of either Tokelau, Samoa or Rarotonga. When we got there, they had us in a balcony room. It was no big deal switching to patio, we just had to wait a few hours. There was only one sink..........

We stayed in Tokelau, 3rd floor (Garden view). We loved this location, because it was a short walk to the GCH, the volcano pool, or the TTC if we wanted the direct Epcot monorail.

Pirate At Heart---If you'll check out tikiman's website, you will find awesome information on each longhouse. He shows the building locations, the rooms, and describes the pros and cons of each longhouse. There are usually pics from various rooms in each longhouse. His website will really help you in planning your stay at the Poly. I searched it extensively before our March trip, and was glad I did!

Have a great time at the Poly!

I know your "pain"...I had the same problem deciding on a longhouse request for our first trip this past Feb. Based on the tip from a TA, we chose and received Samoa. And I'm so glad we did! Our garden view room looked out on the lagoon and the GF...I think we were upgraded, don't you?!? It was a good location too, with not that far to go to the GCH. I've honestly forgotten whether or not we had 1 or 2 sinks tho!!

Samoa has only 1 sink and can be noisy near the pool. ALso 2nd floor has no balcony. Tahiti, & Rapa Nui have 2 sinks. Tokelua Tahiti, Rapa nui and Tonga have balcony or patios on every floor. The rooms are also bigger in these buildings as well. The older buildings are smaller and have only 1 sink and no balcony on the 2nd floor. Tokelau is a good location with balconies and the rooms are larger.

so I reqested Tokelua for a couple of reasons but mostly the few extra feet would be so apprecated with 6 of us in a room (it's been years since we've stayed in anything less than a suite but really wanted to be on WDW property). I am so afraid we will not get a larger room and my DH will hate it and decide never to stay on site again!

What do you think? will the number in our party and the pac n play needed give us an added edge for being placed in a bigger room? or should I just make that request again as we check in?

also the whole balcony thing would be so nice as it too provides a bit extra space. . .

I'm crossing my fingers that the convenience of on site will make a convert of DH so I do want everything to be the best possible so picking Poly surely is a great start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter