• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me decide quick!!

Lizal

Earning My Ears
Need help deciding which hotel at universal would be best for our family. Trying to plan a last minute vacation and time if of the essence!

Husband likes Portofino
Kids like Hard Rock
Royal Pacific seem to have the best deal going

I'm crazy trying to make this decision. Pools will probably be a big factor and also location. Kids are 8 and 11. TIA for all your advice!!

It's a tough decision but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

1. Best Pool - Hard Rock Hotel
2. Newsest - Royal Pacific Resort (largest pool, no slide)
3. Top of the Line, but most expensive - Portofino Bay
4. Location - IMHO, All of them.
5. Best Reason for Staying at Any of Them - FOTL access!!

Do you have a Universal Fan Club Membership card or a AAA Membership card? All 3 of these Resorts offer discounts if you have either of these cards so ask when making reservation. Hope this helps!

RobinLyn:cool:

I stayed in the HRH last september and had the RPH booked for July of this year until about a week ago. The closer our trip got the more I didnt want to risk not liking a new hotel. Our stay at the HRH was great last year and I cant imagine any place being better. The pool and the slide are great, the place itself is luxurious and the beds are very comfortable. I usually have trouble sleeping away from home but not here. The park is just behind the hotel and the people there were very friendly. The RPH may be great but I will check it out from the HRH and make my decision for next time.
Scott

I would try RP if you say you'll be getting a good deal. The pool is great for kids, large & fun! Beds are nice & comfy too.
I like Portofino better but we paid about $60.00 a night less at RP.

We've done the PBH the last 3 trips and it is fabulous.

The service is probably the best we have run into. It is a little more expensive but it was well worth it to us.

I will say we intend to try the HRH on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter