• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Me Decide, Port Adventure - Cozumel

Mom2OakandEm

Mouseketeer
We are going on the Western Caribbean Cruise mid September and I am trying to decide which dolphin encounter to do. There will be me, my boyfriend, 15 yr old daughter and 10 yr old daughter.

There the Dolphin Push, Pull and Swim
Dolphin Swim at Dolphinaris
or the Dolphin Trainer for a Day

Have you done any of these, would you do them again, would you do a different one? I want to surprise the kid with this so I want to make sure it's memorable

Thanks for any guidance, this is our first cruise and we are over the moon excited

My family did the Push, pull, and swim last Jan. We all enjoyed it and would do it again. There's a lot to do at the Nat'l park after you are done with the dolphin activity. We saw a sea lion show(no extra cost), there's a pool, beach, and dh and I did a free tequila tasting. There was even more that we didn't get to. I would suggest if you chose this to try to do it as early as possible in the day. The last taxi back to the ship was at 3pm and we could have easily spent more time there. Also, there's a restaurant right next to the pool. We went past it, and found another one with seating next to the beach. It had really good food for reasonable prices. I had read some really bad reviews about dolphinaris, someone else on here had gone there and had a horrible time, very disorganized. We had Oskar from Discovery Dolphins who met us on the ship and did a great job of explaining everything and showing us where everything was at once we got to the park.

My family did the Push, pull, and swim last Jan. We all enjoyed it and would do it again. There's a lot to do at the Nat'l park after you are done with the dolphin activity. We saw a sea lion show(no extra cost), there's a pool, beach, and dh and I did a free tequila tasting. There was even more that we didn't get to. I would suggest if you chose this to try to do it as early as possible in the day. The last taxi back to the ship was at 3pm and we could have easily spent more time there. Also, there's a restaurant right next to the pool. We went past it, and found another one with seating next to the beach. It had really good food for reasonable prices. I had read some really bad reviews about dolphinaris, someone else on here had gone there and had a horrible time, very disorganized. We had Oskar from Discovery Dolphins who met us on the ship and did a great job of explaining everything and showing us where everything was at once we got to the park.

Awesome, thank you for the insight and the helpful restaurant tip

My family (myself, DW, DD (16), DD(12), and DS (9) did the Push, Pull, and Swim at Chankanaab last January and it was AWESOME! We all loved it. As lklgoodman mentioned above, there's a ton of other stuff to do at the park after the dolphin encounter. We did the zip lining and had a great time. The beach looked really nice too. I agree also with wanting to get to the park early since you won't want to leave until you absolutely have to in order to get back to the ship. It's a great spot to spend the entire day.

Last edited:

My husband and I went to a private club called Nachi Cocchum...or something like that.. i will never go anywhere else in Cozumel again. It was PERFECT.. But we didn't have kids travelling with us. Stopped by on the WBPC cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter