Help me decide on new SUV - Decision made

Another vote for the RAV4, I just got one in July...
I really like it, lots of room and economical.
My friend has a Lexus SUV and he was impressed with my cargo space.
:) He said: "my car is longer, but you have more room!"
After I got mine, I read an Kipplinger magazine that named the Hyundai Tucson a best
buy. However the best re-sale value was the Honda CRV (also came in right behind the Hyundai as a best buy).

Happy trails!

I have decided that the time is finally right to purchase a new SUV.

After a lot of thought I've narrowed it down to 2:

Toyota Rav4
Nissan Juke

Comments on which one to purchase would be very helpful :goodvibes

If you are buying new, where are they made at?

Sorry, you are crazy to buy new. I love all my vehicles but I would never buy new. Pre-certified but never new and we have but we learned. They lose too much value in the first year.

I just got a Nissan Rogue in November and I love it. It's in the same class as the RAV4 and gives you a little more space than the Juke. Personally, I thought the Nissan's rode a LOT smoother than the Toyotas. Good luck in your search!

If you are buying new, where are they made at?

I prefer not to turn a thread where I asked about 2 specific vehicles turn into anything else.

Sorry, you are crazy to buy new. I love all my vehicles but I would never buy new. Pre-certified but never new and we have but we learned. They lose too much value in the first year.

I always thought the same.... I choose to buy soon & used market is poor in my area for low mileage trades. And one vehicle I'm considering is new for 2011.

I just got a Nissan Rogue in November and I love it. It's in the same class as the RAV4 and gives you a little more space than the Juke. Personally, I thought the Nissan's rode a LOT smoother than the Toyotas. Good luck in your search!

Thanks for the info on the Nissan :thumbsup2

I prefer not to turn a thread where I asked about 2 specific vehicles turn into anything else.
Was not my intention either. You asked for opinions and that would be one of the deciding factors for me. :)

Was not my intention either. You asked for opinions and that would be one of the deciding factors for me. :)

My apologies if I read something into the post that wasn't intended :goodvibes

I'm not sure where either were manufactured as that doesn't play into my decision.... My iPad this is being posted on was made in china and I'm okay with that.... I realize others may have a different opinion.

Sorry your nearly new market is bad but I understand. DH totalled his Yukon and needed one in the next few days so... He bought a brand new one. When you need it now, you need it NOW!

Consumer Reports has always said the key to the lowest cost per mile is to buy new and, drive a car forever. My family car was purchased new, and is now 23 years old, and my mom's previous car she purchased new and drove 27 years. Our operating costs have been amazingly low.

Problem now with any used car is the prices have gone through the roof because of Cash for Clunkers. The supply of used cars just dried up. A co-worker ended up buying a new Camry instead of used, because he paid only $100 more for new, as opposed to the 1 year old certified Camry with 30,000 miles on it on the used lot. So at least for now, used cars are not losing value in the first few years like they used to.

My new car is home! Ended up with a 2009 KIA Shortage one owner with very low miles and it met all my criteria and the deal was too good to pass up!

Thank u all for the help!

Hey! What did you get? :) What do you think? :)

I purchased a 2009 Kia Sportage 4x4 V6 with very very low miles. It had the extras I wanted and the price was were I was comfortable with a nice long warranty.

It was my favorite car color - silver w/ dark grey interior and just felt like the right choice for me - seemed smaller than others I'd driven.

Congratulations! We bought a used Kia Rondo in August 2010 and LOVE it. It was the right price. Low miles. It has been great.
I hope you enjoy!

ETA: OOPS! I just read the whole thread, lol. Congrats on your Kia! It is always so exciting to get new cars!!!

We just got a 2011 Rav4 in October and I love it!!! It drives very very well, it takes probably a minute for the car to go from 32 degrees to nice and comfy, and has a lot of room for a small SUV.

Here are the only issues I have with it. (They are all minor, just takes a little getting used to)

-There is not a lot of variability on the windshield wipers. You essentially have super slow, fast, and very fast. There is nothing for those days with a steady drizzle.

-When you have something plugged into the outlet in the front it takes up the passengers cup holder space in the console.

-The black interior on the sport edition shows everything!!! I got black thinking it would mask any stains but it only intensifies them!

-The gas mileage is just so-so.

-The middle seat belt in the back is very confusing to work, I'm still not 100% sure how to use it.

Those are my only complaints about the Rav4. They are all small, but something I wish I would have noticed about the car beforehand. If you have any questions about it, I would be happy to answer them :) Congrats on your new car!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter