help me decide on character breakfast

PPH is close....we did surfs up and it would have been great but our daughter was sick and ended up throwing up right outside the restaurant...so it has bad memories for her right now :/

Surfs up seemed great though other than having a sick kiddo

PP is right across Disneyland Blvd from GCH. From the front door of GCH to the Buffet is about 5 minutes of leisurely walking.
Not bad at all.
The PP Surf's UP is a lot of fun.

We do Plaza Inn because we enjoy the food and all the characters. You never know what antics are going to occur. They are quite playful!

We also love Surfs Up! The energy is great to get us pumped up for the day. We love Stitch!

Goofy's was ok, but I missed the variety of the characters from the "old days".

Ariel's was ok. The visits with the princesses were very choreographed. You got a "hello" and a quick smile for a picture and they were on to the next table. No spontaneous fun like at Plaza Inn or Surfs Up!

We were very disappointed in Storytellers. The place was half empty and we still didn't see half of the characters. It was like it was drudgery for them to have to visit with people.

We like to do Plaza Inn, as late as possible. As the place starts to clear out, you get some awesome character interactions. Our most recent trip, we had Dale and Captain Hook fighting over our daughter. And we filled all but two pages of a brand-new autograph book there, so there were PLENTY of characters. Off the top of my head, we had Eeyore, Tigger, Chip, Dale, Hook, Perla, Suzy, Minnie, Rafiki, plus rare characters Honest John Fox and Geppetto. And I know we missed Fairy Godmother who had to go off to do her castle rounds. But we saw so many we didn't mind.

Plaza inn is our favorite, we were there on Monday, we saw Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Max, Chip, Dale, Rafiki, captain, hook, Fairy godmother, and Minnie.

Hmmm, I think we'll do Surf's Up. Maybe a 730am reservation. I called GCH today and they said the pool hours are likely going to be 10am to 8pm by the 3rd week of September. That should hopefully be plenty of time for breakfast and then go back to GCH for a couple hours of pool time. Then to DTD for lunch/last minute shopping...then back to GCH for a 330pm shuttle to SNA.

PPO times are only available during MM. So it's not really pre-opening since MMers are int he park, but it's PPO for regular time opening. So if MM is at 7am, the first available time is 710 (we always do this as we have AP's and don't get MM). By the time we are finished, it's 8 and the park is open to all!

Ah okay, thanks. Good idea, although we'll get in at that 7AM time this next trip...I wish they'd open it up early for the other days so we can have a similar experience as CP PPO BF!

Goofy's was ok, but I missed the variety of the characters from the "old days".

I'm so sad about Goofy's. Part of the fun was never knowing who might turn up. We got Peter and Wendy one trip, the Fairy Godmother another... I wondered if it might be a place that they let new face character friends practice a little.

We always liked Goofy's because of the great energy and party-like atmosphere. It's just fun in there. Surfs Up has a fun, beachy vibe and the photos with Mickey when you arrive are fun.
Storytellers is a snore. Characters are few and far between. Mostly bears we did not recognize.

Girls LOVE Ariel's Grotto cuz it's all princesses. You can't lose with that.
Plaza Inn has a very nice breakfast, good characters and not all the same all the time.

So DH's favorite character is Goofy (which is kind of a hoot since he's not even a huge Disney fan like me), and he was intrigued by Goofy's kitchen breakfast. I was getting ready to book it but I've been put off by the reviews here and elsewhere-- that Goofy is only out front for a photo op, and then just 4 other characters these days. Last night he mentioned it and I told him what I'd learned, and he agreed that Plaza Inn sounds better, and he'll get his Goofy interaction elsewhere. I'm glad-- I'd rather stay in the park than go to DLH (we're staying on Harbor); although I'd planned to make it a late breakfast and take the monorail from the parks. This will be better. I really enjoyed my one other character meal with my DD at the Plaza Inn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter