Help me decide on a resort... Please

BunsonHoneyDew

Earning My Ears
Our family of 4 usually stays at CBR. It is definitely a second home. But I thought maybe this year we would change it up a little.

Which other resort would you recommend

We were looking at both Port Orleans and Coronado. But then I hear some good things about WL

I've stayed at both Port Orleans and Coronado, and prefer POR. Like the grounds better and the food court. Never stayed at WL but hear great things. CSR was nice but didn't stand out to me.

I have stayed at Coronado and PO as well. I would definitely pick PO. WL is great and I would pick it over either of the others.

The perks your going to have staying at WL over any of the mods is location and transportation. WL is secluded, nestled back in the trees off the lake but still across from MK. Not much foot traffic except from the guests staying there, unless someone has a meal booked at Whispering Canyon. The resort is all inclusive under one roof which is wonderful if it rains. The lobby is spectacular.:cloud9: Every night around 9:00/9:30 you can watch the electric water parade on the lake. Movies are shown on the beach each night. The boat ride to MK takes about five minutes and is the most relaxing transportation ever IMHO. Boats are coming and going all day. They also go to the CR where you can hop the monorail. As you can see by my signature, I'm a little partial to the place. :goodvibes

Love love loved WL and totally recommend it. Such a beautiful resort and in such a convenient location. If you'd rather stay at a mod, though, I've heard great things about Coronado and our stay at POR was very nice.

We've stayed at WL and POFQ. I think I liked the theming of POFQ better than WL, but WL was so peaceful. POFQ is a moderate so it'll be cheaper than WL. If I had to choose between those too, it'd be POFQ.

We have stayed at most of the resorts. We LOVE WL. The boat to MK is awesome and the boat back at the end of a tiring day is so much nicer than a busy bus. Hope you have a great trip

We have stayed at most of the resorts. We LOVE WL. The boat to MK is awesome and the boat back at the end of a tiring day is so much nicer than a busy bus. Hope you have a great trip

I agree, this is definitely a perk of WL.

I meant to mention in my other post that while I loved POFQ, I think POR might have more conveniences. More food choices at the CS place, better amenities, and while we don't usually make it to the pools at our resorts, I've heard the pool at POR is better (bigger?) than POFQ.

We LOVED WL as well....we went last year and are going back there again this year and can't wait....going at Christmas time this year!!!

Donna

One other item. We stayed once at POR last year because one of the families in our group had five people and POR has the pull down bed that is built into the entertainment unit. Definitely a plus.

The quick service at POR is really good and they have boat access to Downtown Disney aka Disney Springs

If you do stay at POR or heck, even if you don't, take some time to see Hee Haw Bob at the little Bar area in the POR main building. He is Awesome! He is starting to get a little older and there's no telling how long he will be playing. He is one of the hidden Gems at WDW and one of our families favorite cast members!!!!!

I loved POR when I stayed there last year.

What resort amenities are important to you?

This might seem a little weird :hyper:

But I like to have a resort when I can go out side and just walk around, and enjoy doing it. That's why CBR appealed to me because it's so big I do not want to cooped up in a "hotel room"

Also my kids love the pool, and slide... Are there good ones at POR and WL?

Plus I am loving the boat rides... to MK or Downtown Disney.. Major plus

We have stayed at POR, CBR and CSR. We'll probably stick with mods, so I can't tell you about WL. There are too many other things we'd like to spend our money on than a deluxe(like maybe another trip someplace!).

Someone mentioned movies in the evenings. I think all the resorts have movies now.
We just got back from CSR and really enjoyed it. They do have hammocks, although not as many as CBR. The pool was really great. THe slide is longer than the other slides by about 25-30 feet. It was easy to see the kids wherever they were in the pool. The hot tub is really big there. They also had a ping pong table, volleyball court, the arcade, bar and snack bar by the pool. The only downside to CSR was that those things are all pretty far away from the main building where most of the food choices are. CSR had the most food choices of all the Mods we have stayed at. We also really liked the quiet pool in the Casitas and the health club.

The beds had duvet covers on them and they had nicer toiletries than the other mods we had been to. That really added to a deluxe feel to things.

POR has a really great atmosphere and the boat to DTD is nice. There is a bit more shade around the pool area at POR, which is a huge plus for us. I thought the food was better at POR and CSR than at CBR.

I think it's a tie with POR and CSR for me as far as which one I like the best. CSR is probably edging out POR though.

Well Coronado is the only Moderate with a workout room? I like having a workout room when I go on vacation. The food court is a bit difference experience. They have cinnamon buns for breakfast that were awesome.

But I like to have a resort when I can go out side and just walk around, and enjoy doing it. That's why CBR appealed to me because it's so big I do not want to cooped up in a "hotel room"

If you want to walk around the resort, then definitely POR over CSR. CSR is just OK to walk around wheras POR is gorgeous. On the water, mansions, just gorgeous. I'm a walker too. ::yes::

Well Coronado is the only Moderate with a workout room? I like having a workout room when I go on vacation. The food court is a bit difference experience. They have cinnamon buns for breakfast that were awesome.

Yes, it is the only one with a workout room. They also have spa services(fees) available and a sauna(free).

I have only ever stayed at the Beach Club and Yacht Club and honestly would never stay anywhere else! The staff is wonderful, the location cannot get any better, the resort has awesome restaurants and activities for everyone. I have never had a bad experience with these resorts or Disney in general. I think you would be extremely satisfied!

My first choice would be WL followed by POR. WL is beautiful and a short boat ride away from MK and the CR where you can hop on the monorail to the other resorts or the TTC and get the monorail to Epcot. Whatever your choice have a great trip!

I'm a POR girl. It's beautiful, big, and feels secluded.

Caribbean beach is nice for walking about as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter