help me decide if we should resort hop! -

Misty89

DIS Veteran
i have been reading about resort hoppers and i am begining to wonder if mabye we should too! - seems very cool to " seperate our vaction from one side of the park to the other, but heres my questions-
( we were going to "visit" the MK resorts for dinner each night we are there- staying at CR so that should not be to busy ?
we dont have any plans set in stone yet, except the frist night...MVMCP and dinner at concourse steakhouse arrival night.
we want to for sure visit MK, epcot and mgm.
we will be there for 4 nights.....so i guess i need to find out, which resort for the MGM side of the parks? - AK will only happen if we are close....what about DTD? which hotel is close to that?? - i am 90% sure we would chose a day at DTD over AK ...
is there easy enough way to get to MGM from a resort? we will not have a car, so walking or disney transportation is what will use- or our feet LOL

thank you

ps....we will be there at christmas time - so hence the reason to visit other resorts to see all of the decorations everyone here say are so great!

thanks

Tina

i think i would like reccomendations for moderate resorts...since we are staying at CR, i would like to also try the different type of resort.....

thanks

With only 4 days I think I would stay put but still tour all the great resorts. One trip around the monorail from your hotel will take care of the Poly and GF. If I was going to split my stay for the purpose of Christmas decorations it would have to be WL, it is beautiful!

thank you.....we are really not into the " lodge" look or feel.....most of my dinner ideas are at poly and CR and FW. so think that would be enough of the visiting to the MK resorts....we wont eat at epcot resort hotels( i dont see anything that strikes my fancy/ or kids tastes) we would be visting by way of dinners :)

.I never checked out epcot resorts for whatever reason before, but they are looking very intresting!
i have ideas about 2 character breakfasts, CRT and chef mickeys...but chef mickeys can get scraped if move to a epcot resort that last 2 nights...this is probly the ONLY time we will get to WDW) DH is not a big traveler....so i want to make the msot of our time there.

You can take a boat from POR and POFQ over to DTD. Other moderates are only have bus transportation. But you can maybe walk to Bllizzard Beach from CSR.

Have you thought about CBR? DH and I went to CR and CBR (split 10 night stay) on our honeymoon and loved it. We had both stayed at GF and CR with our families so we knew we would both love CR but were uncertain of CBR - well, as you can see, we loved CBR and have gone quite a few times. We are waiting for AP rates to come out so that we can do the CR/CBR split stay for our upcoming Sept. trip.
We originally booked 5 nights at WL and 5 at CBR but after much research, decided to cancel WL stay - like you, we are not much into the "lodge" type feel so as usual, we went back to our favorite, CBR.
We have both been to character BKs at Chef Mickey's at the Crystal Palace at MK and Chef Mickey's is by far the best - it was actually rated the #1 character meal of any disney resort/park so you know you won't go wrong - good luck with your decision:)

Another possibility is the new Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, right msack dab up against Downtown Disney. From recent reviewsd, it seems most of the rooms open now have views of DTD, PI and Cirque de Soleil. You can either get a ressie thru CRO or try renting DVC points from a member on the DIS DVC Rent/Trade board (SSR is the newest DVC resort). From the pix, it looks just beautiful!

If you only have 4 nites and it is your first visit, I personally, would stay put in one resort. You can always visit any of the other resorts anytime during your stay. Also the transportation between EVERY hotel and EVERY theme park is sooo easy! Busses come by every 15 min. or so and bring you right to the front gate of each park. Walking is NOT a good option, except maybe from the Contemporary to the MK, and the Epcot Resorts to EPCOT. Otherwise the distance is too great. Plenty of walking in the parks anyway!

thanks all!

i have narrowed my choices down, going to check out that saratoga springs, or swan/dolphin....the heavenly beds at S/D look very nice. saratoga would be cool because it is so new..is it hard to get into?

the only problem LOL i cant book with S/D until november ( i called - they dont take ressies until ayear in advance, unlike disney whenever you are ready :hyper: )

Tina

I am sure you are all going to think I am truly WDW addicited.
1 night CS
2 nights GF
2 nights YC
2 nights WL
3 nights back to CS !
Is this crazy or do I like to resort hop.... Replies?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter