Help me decide if Club Level is worth it for me (Contemporary)!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by harleyquinn, Mar 6, 2013.

1. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 It's definitely about convenience for us. Having lounge access is nice and being able to grab a snack or a drink anytime during the day is great. But we definitely don't get our money back on food and drinks. I've stayed both CL and non-CL and it's really just the convenience that we miss when we don't book CL -- food is easy enough to find at WDW.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. harleyquinn

harleyquinn <font color=red>Wishes she could take photos of th

Thank you all so much! I didn't think I would get so many responses! :)

Thank your for your opinion and the tips!! I love me some tips!! :)

We usually have extremely light breakfasts, and we've only bought an alcoholic beverage once while at WDW! Totally spot on questions!

I could definitely see how bigger families and those with older children who need a little more space could find it MUCH easier to justify CL.

I think it can be cost effective in a way, just not looking at it dollars to dollars. For us I think we've all pretty much determined that it would be a costly luxury that we don't necessarily need. But I can definitely see it making more sense for some people. Plus we don't know what we are really missing!

Thanks everyone! I'm going to stick with GW and book a couple more character meals! ;)

4. Aristocath

Aristocath DIS Veteran

I think you are making the right choice by not staying CL. IMO, there are only a few reasons to stay CL anymore. One, if you are staying at the Poly you know you will be in Hawaii which I love the location of. Second, if you can get a discount that brings CL down to a regular price. We love the convenience of the lounge for breakfast but would not pay rack rate for it. We find it hard to be around our resort in time for the evening offerings but it is nice to get snacks in the afternoon while at the pool.

Have a wonderful trip!

5. CTH3

CTH3 Mouseketeer

I agree!

Walt Disney World itself is a completely unnecessary luxury. The whole nutty place is a silly, fantastical, nonessential, completely expendable (and expensive) extravagance. No one has to go there at all. It is a delightful luxury, not a necessity.

For most people I know, going to WDW is a luxury that is not worth the money. For my family, and most people on the DISboards, it is.

Trying to parse out which parts of a WDW vacation are "worth it" and which are "not worth it" is always 1000% subjective.

As is the "worth" of Walt Disney World itself.