Help me decide between the Wonder and Dream!

Then I would definitely do the Dream. I forgot on this itinerary you go to CC and Nassau first, so you may have to clear immigration in Key West. I would much rather do a sea day on the Dream than a short day in Key West.

So if you go straight to Key West from Port Canaveral you don't have to deal with this?

So if you go straight to Key West from Port Canaveral you don't have to deal with this?

I did a 4n on the magic this past December, we had CC, day at sea, Key West then back to Miami. Customs at Key West was easier than expected. They came onto the boat very early, and every person needed their KTTW card and passport. Once they confirmed who you were we got a sticker on the KTTW card to confirm we've been through customs. Then we headed up to breakfast to wait till EVERY PERSON had gotten a sticker before we could be let off. And yes, they will call you over the PA by name and room number if you haven't been stickers yet. This includes kids/infants ...&and those non morning people. You can't just hand your card to someone else in your group, you physically have to be there.

On some 7 day Western cruises, the ship would stop at Key West first after leaving Port Canaveral. You did not have to clear customs.

Up until a few years ago, on 7 day Eastern cruises, everyone had to clear customs and passport control when the ship docked in St. Thomas after visiting St. Marten. The ship then went to CC, so you had to clear customs and passport control again in Port Canaveral.

So if the ship goes from a US port to a US port, you don't have clear passport control and customs. If it stops in a foreign port (CC, Nassau), then it clears customs and passport control at the first US city.

I don't understood however why it is needed to clear customs and passport in Miami if the ship cleared in Key West and made no intermediate stops. Any one have an idea?

We did a 4 night with a KW, Nassau, CC itinerary and did not have to do this. This immigration thing sounds crazy! I wouldn't want to do it either.

I did a 4n on the magic this past December, we had CC, day at sea, Key West then back to Miami. Customs at Key West was easier than expected. They came onto the boat very early, and every person needed their KTTW card and passport. Once they confirmed who you were we got a sticker on the KTTW card to confirm we've been through customs. Then we headed up to breakfast to wait till EVERY PERSON had gotten a sticker before we could be let off. And yes, they will call you over the PA by name and room number if you haven't been stickers yet. This includes kids/infants ...&and those non morning people. You can't just hand your card to someone else in your group, you physically have to be there.

So did you have to report somewhere on the ship for this? And how early?

I've been going back and forth for a couple of weeks now! I know we will have a wonderful time no matter what we chose, but since it is our first cruise ever and we are traveling from California to get to the ship, I don't want to regret picking the wrong ship!

A little about us: We have two girls, who will be 6 and 9 at cruise time. The girls are very artsy and creative and not really into electronics (they'll play on the iPad for about 30-60 minutes and then lose all interest for the day). They do love to swim and play board games and sports. And most importantly, they LOVE all things Disney!! DH and I will enjoy reading, eating, drinking wine, and relaxing for bits of time, but we won't enjoy just parking in a lounge chair and staying there all day. We will enjoy sitting in a sports pub/wine bar, but not a dance club. We will do a 4 night Bahamian cruise next April either way. Just trying to chose the ship.

From what I can tell from searching here, Wonder would provide the following:
More hands on Arts and Projects in the Oceaner's Lab.
Smaller ship so DH and I don't get overwhelmed by all the people
Better all around service
Less Waiting in general?

The Dream would provide:
Better bars for DH and I to hang out at night.
Better relaxation in the Spa
Better Sports Deck for the kids?
Aqua dunk

What do you think?

Thank you!!!

I would recommend the Disney Dream The Aqua Duck is awesome for all ages:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter